Some people.... this guy should be shot if he's a fake

Hunt1je where in S K are you ?
I have contracted items to Camp Casey a couple times, some very large carrier compressors.

and thanks for the info.

Just wrong...but he's not the only one that does that sort of thing...sadly...???

Our collective apologies and thanks to the Marine Corps for their service and integrity and ALL our service men and women.:bowdown:

Guys like this eventually get caught, because a REAL vet can smell a phony a mile away. Private to COL in 9 years my azz, not even in Vietnam. Not even with the Medal of Honor. He blew it because he put on too many medals and too high a rank which garished too much attention, strutting around like a peacock. He's not the only phony out there to get caught recently; quite a bit of this has been happening since Military Service again became popular after OIF/OEF.

If he had awards for covert ops, it would be in the RESTRICTED portion of his Official Military Personnel file (the Army used to call it OPMF). There was a fire or flood about 20-30 years ago that destroyed a lot of WWII and Vietnam Vets records that were maintained in St. Louis (and he could hide behind that claim), but the fact is that he overdid it with the medals and got caught. It's ususally in these cases a guy that had just enough military experience (usually getting tossed out of Basic Training) to THINK he can get away with it, and bluff the average civilian, but not another soldier...

The guy's got mental problems, and he probably won't stop until the Govt tries and convicts him (he still won't get jail time in all likelyhood), or some REAL vets kick the living daylights out of him (us vets kinda take stuff like this seriously).

You have no idea how carefully promotion boards look at records and match the official photo against what awards the soldier had paper for. There are a BUNCH tossed out of promotion boards every year (especially at the MAJ to LTC board) where guys are wearing decorations they never earned....always surprised me because I would NEVER wear an award I didn't earn and have paper in hand to back it. Disgraceful. But then again, he had no honor wasn't in long enough to know the meaning of it.

Last edited:
PFC to COL. in nine years! No way! That was a lie right there.

Entirely possible... in WWII. Which is what he would have grown up hearing and believing. Therein, lies the reason he thought he could get away with it.

Somewhere between Korea and Vietnam, that kind of promotion ceased to exist.

In the Marine Corps, the Mustang program, now exists to promote enlisted Marines to either Warrant Officer or Commissioned Officer ranks. In order to qualify, today, a Marine must be a Corporal, or higher, with high marks and test scores before being accepted. Graduate with a Bachelors and, I believe, go to OCS.

I was accepted to the program prior to being medically separated. Something that today, with a bit more wisdom under my belt, I regret not pursuing more vigilantly and ignoring the Navy doctors a smidge more. Had I fulfilled that obligation, that process alone would have taken me the four years of schooling and I would have owed another six years of service as payment for my education. My total time in service (TIS) would have been roughly fourteen years at that point and I would probably have been a Captain at best.

I just don't see a Vietnam era PFC getting enough attention from the higher ups to be able to be promoted in this way. I certainly don't see how in nine years even a 2nd Lt. could make full bird Colonel, much less a PFC.

Entirely possible... in WWII. Which is what he would have grown up hearing and believing. Therein, lies the reason he thought he could get away with it.

Somewhere between Korea and Vietnam, that kind of promotion ceased to exist.

In the Marine Corps, the Mustang program, now exists to promote enlisted Marines to either Warrant Officer or Commissioned Officer ranks. In order to qualify, today, a Marine must be a Corporal, or higher, with high marks and test scores before being accepted. Graduate with a Bachelors and, I believe, go to OCS.

I was accepted to the program prior to being medically separated. Something that today, with a bit more wisdom under my belt, I regret not pursuing more vigilantly and ignoring the Navy doctors a smidge more. Had I fulfilled that obligation, that process alone would have taken me the four years of schooling and I would have owed another six years of service as payment for my education. My total time in service (TIS) would have been roughly fourteen years at that point and I would probably have been a Captain at best.

I just don't see a Vietnam era PFC getting enough attention from the higher ups to be able to be promoted in this way. I certainly don't see how in nine years even a 2nd Lt. could make full bird Colonel, much less a PFC.

You may have a point in WWII, there were a LOT of very young officer pilots, but back then there was a really big class distinction between officer/enlisted; a 2LT might get to COL, but I doubt E1, even with battlefield commission...not in 9 years..but not since then...

Last edited:
Okay, the more I have seen this, the angrier I get. But, before my rant, let me first qualify my post by saying that I am not a war hero, I do not know how to kill people with a comb, and I do not wear awards that I don't rate... the "fruit salad" that people wear tells a story.

So - for me, the story teller here is in the ribbons to start with:
16 Combat Action Ribbons, and 11 Presidential Unit Citations. Now, the way the Marine Corps approves awards has undergone several changes in recent years because of confusion in the past, so on the outside, there is a chance a person could have that many CARs (individual award); but the PUC is a unit award that is well, handed out by the by Washington. PUC are tracable because of the awarding chain. Then, he only has two Navy Unit Commendations - which doesn't line up with his other visual history.
Two Navy Crosses and four Silver Stars? Actually - plausible, but unlikely. Not without this person being some sort of local celebrity. He is also weariing several non-combat awards for distinguished service that would not be secretive. Now, I have seen award citations for medals, where it said who the person was and thier billet, but the citation itself was classified. But the non-combat awards would not be this way. He is wearing the Defense Distinguished Service Medal and the Navy Distinguished Service Medals (2 as an aside, I have never seen a General Officer with two of those) - he is wearing the Navy And Marine Corps Medal, which is the highest non-combat award for valor in the Dept of the Navy. Long story short, there is no way that people wouldn't know who this guy is, if he was all of that.

It took me 17 years to go from Pvt to Maj, and every promotion that I have had has either been on time or early - so Private to Col in 9 years, with all that stuff? As a former Marine - his punishment should reflect the shame that he has brought on himself; he should be forced to apologize to every single Marine at the Wounded Warrior Battalion and should have to turn over anything that he has been given as a gift or in compensation for making these kind of appearances... I am thouroughly disgusted... I don't have half the stuff that this uy does and I occassionally get guys asking me where the hell I have been...

Mc it doesn't matter where the he!! you have been to me .
You sacrificed a private life for a public life and as it's commonly said wrote a blanck check to the US payable on demand up to your life.
That to me makes you a hero in my book as I stated in my first post here.
Due to medical restrictions I could not serve but have been supplying our troops with articles for several yrs . No comparison but I do my best to make sure what I bid and supply is the best because folks like you are the best in my book.
What a selfless act you made to choose to protect others .

Thank you

MC...now the "MC Mustang" finally reveals itself...

You made good - used the Corps to make something of your life - Private to MAJ no small achievement. Thanks for your service!

TWO Navy Crosses? There's your first clue there. I never served, but my Gramps was a 30 year Navy vet, Pearl Harbor survivor and WWII Submariner in the Pacific. I give this poser 1 point for having served and -100 for dishonoring all those who fought and died for our freedom. That being said, I feel sorry for this guy. He may just be sick. I've said it before and I'll take this opportunity to say it again: THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SERVE; PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE. Freedom is not free.

to add to MCM...
we know ALOT of history about the MC.. it beat into our heads from day one and maintained thru out our careers... refreshed during leadership courses.

if this guy is for real.. every single Marine would know his name or at the very least be familar with his story...

i've been awarded the Presidental Unit Citation as well as the Navy Unit Citation..
but 11 PUC's that would mean your ONE unit would have been in 11 different AMAZING operations or HE would be moved to 11 different AMAZING units. not probable

i still say:

DEATH BY FIRING SQUAD!!!

This old guy is sad. He seems to have some serious mental issues for sure. I myself am a former Marine and a present Soldier. I don't think he really would have done this without having serious issues or problems mentally. He's just crying for attention and going about it by doing injustice to himself, US Marine Corps and all those who have served both past and present. Semper Fi

i think i have to agree with you on this

This reminds me of a LCpl that went on leave, he walked out of the barracks with Dress blues sporting Cpl Cheverons and a "libo stack". we NCOs all saw him leave. so as he was on leave the NCOs (including the Plt Sgt) devised ways to make him stronger and smarter. I will not go into our methods but he did in fact get stronger and smarter. Fast forward 3 years and I see him in Iraq. And he is a Sgt (Same as myself) and the very first question I asked him was "Is that your actual rank, or are you just sporting it?" Well that didnt go well.

I think the punishment should scale with rank, so yeah.....

firing squad

This reminds me of a LCpl that went on leave, he walked out of the barracks with Dress blues sporting Cpl Cheverons and a "libo stack". we NCOs all saw him leave. so as he was on leave the NCOs (including the Plt Sgt) devised ways to make him stronger and smarter. I will not go into our methods but he did in fact get stronger and smarter. Fast forward 3 years and I see him in Iraq. And he is a Sgt (Same as myself) and the very first question I asked him was "Is that your actual rank, or are you just sporting it?" Well that didnt go well.

I think the punishment should scale with rank, so yeah.....

firing squad

I'm thinking about a "Code Red"....:whistle:

Back