This is going to be a somewhat strange thread

Former USAF here too.. I spent very little time actually doing work.. Spent some time at the Pentagon and read a lot of stuff on the internet all day, everyday. That is it, nothing more, no particular glory or deployments. Been to hotter places as a civilian contractor than I ever did as an Airman.

Must be that the guy had "delusions of grandeur" and major lack of self esteem.

you know alot of time the guys that saw crazy sh** in combat really don't like to talk about it....I will answer question about it but, I just don't go running my suck about it. I wish we could take away his right to call himself a Marine.

Same thing happened here about a month ago.....had a Marine go home to a wedding and decided to "Decorate" himself with a bunch a unearned medals.  A recruiter who was attending and not in uniform pulled him aside and raised the BS flag.  Anyway.....I have heard these stories off and on throughout my time in the Corps.  They will continue.  I personally can't understand what would possess someone to carry out an action like this.

Lack of self-esteem and self confidence I guess.

DD
this same thing happened to a marine in my unit after his deployment in 2003....he was a LCPL and went to a buddies wedding and was caught by a newspaper photographer with CPL chevrons and a whole chest full of awards and his pic was on the front page of his local paper...when our command caught wind of it he was in somoe serious crap!!!

I drank a lot of beer when I was in the Navy
smile.gif
+1 on that
ThumbsUp.gif

I live a few miles from that incident... he was right there when the police arrived and then started spouting at the mouth about all sorts of crap. It was all the crap he was talking that caused the police to look at him harder, then the trip to the house and well it was all over. A real freak, but kept us entertained for a few weeks while he was in the paper.

I dont know anything about this guy and dont care about him. I just want to say THANKYOU to all of our troops. Everytime I see of troops out in my world, I will pay their tab or buy them a beer or whatever just to show my thanks. I think alot more people should do the same.

beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif