some people are cool!

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
I posted a couple of months ago that I had a tip over on the bike on the driveway...  Today I was cruising around and I stopped at a body shop for the helluva it to see how much new paint and some repairs would be... The owner comes out and we shoot the poop for a while.  He makes me bring it in... He has all his guys look over it... then they ask if they can try buffing it...  I say go ahead.  they screwed with it for an hour buffing and polishing and removed all but the deepest scratches... He looks at me as we are all NOT smoking cigarettes that HE provided and says that should hold you till you wanna get a custom paint job.  He wouldn't take any money at all.  Some people are just cool!  What a good day!  Although now I have to find something nice to do for a stranger or this will bug me everytime I look at the bike
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|jessup
Reason for Edit: "Honest honey I quit smoking."|1138668047 -->

It is comforting to be reminded that there are somethings money can't buy and one of them if being kind hearted...
smile.gif

thats pretty darn cool...its shops/ people like that, which will get my business in the future. Hard to find places like that, but once you do - ya have to support them.

What's the name and location of the shop? If there was one like that in my area I'd definitely want to know.

Sitting here thinking about it and I realized that I do around 200 to a 1000 peices of mail a quarter (sometimes monthly) to generate business and brand my name... I am going to add their business to my mailing lists to get them some free exposure... Hopefully that will generate business for them...

What's the name and location of the shop?  If there was one like that in my area I'd definitely want to know.
I hate to say it but I have to drive by tomorrow and get the name and actual address... It is a body shop in Wayne PA on Lancaster avenue... Really impressed with them...

People taking care of people, good lookin out.  Nice to know there are still some shops out there that understand the meaning of "customer service".  Afterall, taking care of customers, or potential customers, leads to many more customers.  I know I read that somewhere...LOL.

You may wanna send them a mailing and a letter stating that you are returning the favor. Gives them a heads up in case someone comes in and says that is where they saw it. Just an idea.

.. Hopefully that will generate business for them...
More business for them means bad customer service in future..

Do you think if they have buttload of job to do they will be hanging around with your fender for an hour?

No man, you have to keep `em for yourself... and your friends so they remember you when you need something from them...

They must be hungry to keep price down and want your business badly....

Success and publicity could destroy awesome customer service and quality job...
Look at those retards of OCC or fatass in Unique show.

they charge 5 times just because they are "famous"... duhhh...

Keep them for yourself, man.... Advertisement spoiled many nice guys..... You know.. Very few of us left... Very few...
smile.gif

.. Hopefully that will generate business for them...
More business for them means bad customer service in future..

Do you think if they have buttload of job to do they will be hanging around with your fender for an hour?

No man, you have to keep `em for yourself... and your friends so they remember you when you need something from them...

They must be hungry to keep price down and want your business badly....

Success and publicity could destroy awesome customer service and quality job...
Look at those retards of OCC or fatass in Unique show.

they charge 5 times just because they are "famous"... duhhh...

Keep them for yourself, man.... Advertisement spoiled many nice guys..... You know.. Very few of us left... Very few...
smile.gif
I dont' think it would go that way. They are a main line business... Every car I saw in there (every bay was full) was either a porche or a lexus or mercedes... They aren't hurting for business and deal with mostly high end vehicles... The fact that they were cool enough to just bring me in and start working on the bike is a testament to there superior customer service and kindness... They even where upfront about only having painted Harleys! Why keep it to myself when I can try to help them out... Although I get what your saying
biggrin.gif

You may wanna send them a mailing and a letter stating that you are returning the favor.  Gives them a heads up in case someone comes in and says that is where they saw it.  Just an idea.
Was planning on sending them some Pizza's with a note letting them know... Good call!

Back