So U survived Black Friday! What couldn't U live without?

BlackFriday all the hype or more like hunting snipe?

• Yea baby, must do for the best deals...

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Nope not for me, now go back to bed...

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • Whats BlackFriday?

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
Me and a friend went this morning...I can't say what I got because the "other" half is on here.

Did you make it out unharmed?I gotta check cnn anybody get stampeded?I cant see camping in front wallmart allnight 2 get a nintindo or something. O-yea I picked up some new steeltoe work boots 1/2 price.They just said was gunfire @ a store most have been 70% off.
shocked-720286.png

Last edited:
So.. sad indeed! Thats exactly why I don't do this anymore been there done this twice and said never again. I'm 6'5" 240 and got trampled the last time I went....

Hey B have you checked out TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components & Electronics for your LG tv? 12000:1 contrast 32 in 720P was $541 to your door...

Another reason not to get out in this stuff, just do it from here while visiting on the oRg :thumbsup:

So.. sad indeed! Thats exactly why I don't do this anymore been there done this twice and said never again. I'm 6'5" 240 and got trampled the last time I went....

Hey B have you checked out TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components & Electronics for your LG tv? 12000:1 contrast 32 in 720P was $541 to your door...

Another reason not to get out in this stuff, just do it from here while visiting on the oRg :thumbsup:

Hey Sonny, Yeah I checked that one out too (thx :beerchug: ) but the higher contrast ratio and full 1080P with the 32LG70 was a better deal. I had a 700-800 price range and I figured it didnt have the 120Hz but will be a hellova computer monitor when we decide to upgrade this one in a year or two :thumbsup:

and apparently there is a nintendo wii hiding around the house somewhere too :whistle: :laugh:

Picked up a new Helmet today, But it was like 3:00 p.m.

nice is that toolless shield removale?thats what I want because I race and need dark tint in afternoon then clear @ night f course.last year just took 2 lids but not convienent+ ones getting old.

i picked up a Mitsubishi 60" DLP HDTV w/ 1080p...can't wait to watch the Raiders win one now :beerchug:

I haven't been shopping on Black Friday in the last couple of years. The crowds in stores, the temperature in the stores will stifle you, and then having to stand in line to pay for the items just got to be too much.

I can't remember if it was day after Thanksgiving or day after Christmas that my mother in law and I got up at 5am and hit the mall and shopped until it closed at midnight. We stuffed her car until the doors and back would barely close. I think that was that the last time I really shopped the craziness.

Did y'all read about the people getting shot at the Toys R Us yesterday?

IDid y'all read about the people getting shot at the Toys R Us yesterday?

yeah, two rival gangs shopping in the same store ... they killed each other is the only bright spot to the whole thing. No trial, no waste of money providing housing/legal/food/etc for the next 40+years. Just two body bags.

Now, why they couldnt take that shid out of the store and do it somewhere else, thats the part that irritates me to no end. Just cant fix stupid I guess... and it seems stupid doesnt even take breaks for holidays.

I did not even leave the house. I could not bring myslef to get motivated. Heck I even called my brother to come over and bring me 2 cheeseburgers from McD's and a pack of smokes. I slept more yesterday than I have in the last year combined. I wanted to go out and shop. Just no will left in me.
Prayers to the Wal Mart employee's family, that is just so ....... will not release my true feelings towards todays society.
Happy Holidays all. Wish everyone the best.

It sure was a Black friday in Valley Stream. This happens every year in certain areas and Walmart knows it and still lets it happen. I wouldn't be caught dead out on black fri sadly Mr Walmart greeter was.

I only bought lunch on Friday. I don't need anything else that bad to risk getting trampled. RIP to the poor Walmart greeter that perished in the midst of all that stupidity. They need to publicly hang the morons that knocked him over and pushed right over his body with no regard for his safety over their own greed!

oh he wasnt a greeter, he was a part time security guy, not a walmart employee.... and get this walmart is distancing themselves from him in the news :banghead: And they didnt just push into him, they were trampling the EMS while they were trying to save the guy :O the police chief was on the news sayin they were going to find the people and they would all be charged with various things, including murder. I hope they do it very publically myself

oh he wasnt a greeter, he was a part time security guy, not a walmart employee.... and get this walmart is distancing themselves from him in the news :banghead: And they didnt just push into him, they were trampling the EMS while they were trying to save the guy :O the police chief was on the news sayin they were going to find the people and they would all be charged with various things, including murder. I hope they do it very publically myself

+1

I think they should've utilized SWAT on the poor guy's extraction...

"alright boys, don't fire 'till you see the whites of their eyes!":banghead:

We have be conditioned to respond to a stimulis by our western culture and advertising.It all started when merchants found a way to get rid of their excess at the end of the year through advertising during the Christmas season by tying it in with the Magi giving gifts to Jesus.Now we instill it our children and it has been institutionalized and nationalized. It is the largest transfer of wealth(FROM YOUR POCKET TO THEIRS) in the calendar year. Don't get me wrong, giving a gift is a true act of unselfishness;however, giving during Christmas fills the pockets of the rich and empties yours.

Went shopping two weeks ago at best buy and found a steal of a deal on a plasma tv set-up. I think we ended up paying a little over 2000.00 when it was all over. We found a 46" panasonic plasma tv listed for 1800.00 and paid 1200.00. It also came with a panasonic blue ray player with surround sound that was 1000.00 that we paid 499.00. I think we did allright. We did go to castleton square mall yesterday and talk about a madhouse!

Back