What grounds you?

beerchug.gif
That's awesome Spike
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Being in combat changes the way you think about pretty much everything. I have watched a few friends die from cancer. I also used to ride along with the local leo. Any of these will change your perspective... If you need a dose of local reality ask the local leo if they have a ride along program. I'm sure you will see things that  you would have never imagined in your own back yard.

All of those things together are nothing compared to what the Jews survived. How many people do you know that could mentally endure a concentration camp? Take the lack of decent food, lice, forced labor,freezing temps, the constant probability of death or worse, not to mention the constant worry about the unknown happening to your loved ones. That would be as close to hell as you could get on earth. When you think about these things it kind of puts our daily problems into perspective.

Excellent post by the way...We could all use a dose of reality occasionally.

Talked to LEOs on this board and have gained a whole new healthy respect...stuff I know I couldn't cope with and I often wonder just how they do it...
sad.gif

Thanks, not sure why I posted all of this...those shows I watched really got to me last night, yet I couldn't turn 'em off
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

(vman1300 @ Jan. 05 2007,14:34)
(VaBusa @ Jan. 05 2007,13:20) vman - great post...  
beerchug.gif
That quote came from Disturbed's Believe album. It is something that justs seems to fit....
It does and my heart was going to sink if you said that was some poetry by your Queensryche crew
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

(VaBusa @ Jan. 05 2007,14:40) It does and my heart was going to sink if you said that was some poetry by your Queensryche crew
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
Disturbed or Queensyrch...you dont like either....lol...

(vman1300 @ Jan. 05 2007,15:45)
(Spike @ Jan. 05 2007,15:20) And I can never say it enough StuckInBaghdad, thank you.
My feelings exactly!
Yes thank you for your sacrifice! You are a part of what keeps this country strong. I will keep you a spot open on the dragon till you get back to ride with us.

Back