Discussions with my Harley Rider

(VaBusa @ Sep. 18 2007,16:10)
(vman1300 @ Sep. 18 2007,16:00) It is a tough decision I hope we never have to make. To me riding is my release. For the last 8 weeks I have done no more than sit on the wifes R6. I count not imagine not riding.....

I have built several Mustangs over the years and even with the performance achieved with the last one, I still came back to motorcycles.

Give him some time.....
I know how you feel right now...post-back surgery years ago, I would just go out and sit on the Busa, just waiting 'til the day I could ride...my last post-op visit to my doctor was on the bike; man, the looks I got!  
laugh.gif

'Eh, maybe it's just a phase...I won't get too upset yet, but I've seen signs of this coming for a while now...

Want a Harley?  Want Mike?!  
laugh.gif
Thursday is make 4 weeks since my surgery, I am going riding on Saturday.

laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ Sep. 18 2007,16:11)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 18 2007,16:01) He is getting old, you need new husband.
He will be 40 this year...I think you're right  
zzwhip.gif
I guess it may be time to trade for 2 20"s??

Michelle, show this tread to your hubby, he might change his mind...
Tell him that he have to keep up with you, otherwise somebody else will.

Can you handle 2 20th?

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 18 2007,16:29) Michelle, show this tread to your hubby, he might change his mind...
Tell him that he have to keep up with you, otherwise somebody else will.

Can you handle 2 20th?
The brutal truth....

As much as it saddens me to see all the people going down... It hasn't curtailed any of my riding time. It has made me way more aware though.

I wouldn't sell my bike for any reason other than an upgrade... There are few things in life and I mean very few that make me happy other than my daughter and I will not trade my sanity or happiness for anything.

And while we can exercise caution on the roadways that in it self will not stop your ticket from getting pulled. But than again I would rather die on my bike than falling down the stairs or in the shower or on a plane or in my car or any other way except for sexual exhaustion.

Ride because it makes you happy... When it doesn't then you stop.
E,.

(vman1300 @ Sep. 18 2007,15:20)
(VaBusa @ Sep. 18 2007,16:10)
(vman1300 @ Sep. 18 2007,16:00) It is a tough decision I hope we never have to make. To me riding is my release. For the last 8 weeks I have done no more than sit on the wifes R6. I count not imagine not riding.....

I have built several Mustangs over the years and even with the performance achieved with the last one, I still came back to motorcycles.

Give him some time.....
I know how you feel right now...post-back surgery years ago, I would just go out and sit on the Busa, just waiting 'til the day I could ride...my last post-op visit to my doctor was on the bike; man, the looks I got!  
laugh.gif

'Eh, maybe it's just a phase...I won't get too upset yet, but I've seen signs of this coming for a while now...

Want a Harley?  Want Mike?!  
laugh.gif
Thursday is make 4 weeks since my surgery, I am going riding on Saturday.
Glad to hear you are up and getting ready to ride.

Vabs, hold your ground. Suprised my wife has not said anything to me about selling after she has seen the increase in wrecks here and on the news. Having a local rider from the board go down brings hits home and makes you think. I had 3 close calls from idiots today while out riding. Had one recently with wife on back too.

laugh.gif

Tomorrow will be two weeks since my crash, and I'm about to go nuts because I can't go for a ride. As soon as I get out of this sling I'm taking the busa out for a spin. The thing I was most concerned about was that it would effect my wife, and that she would be afraid to get back on her bike and ride after seeing how much pain I was in. She asked me this weekend if I would mind if she took her bike out without me!
biggrin.gif

sounds like he has lost the love...i've seen a lot of people do that this time of year but be ready to go again in the spring...however, with him hinting at it all summer, i've also had friends walk away and never come back to the sport for wharever reason

i would hate to know i was never going to be able to ride again...the longest i have gone without riding since i got Lucy is 13 days and i was on vacation going crazy without her...i'm not doing that again

we're here for you when you need to vent
beerchug.gif

He just needs a brake or a Busa. I rode alot from Jan. to
about June when all the deaths and accidents started to
happen and then slowly eased off. Just didn't have the
urge to ride now that urge is comming back. I know death
is the only thing promised but I refuse to live my life in
Fear of it..

(LadyHawk @ Sep. 18 2007,17:49)
zzwhip.gif
ukliam3.gif
Two 20s!! Two 20s!!  
ukliam3.gif
Shudup you!! 40 is young I say!!
mad.gif

Let's not forget who is coming up on their last run in the 30's...
firedevil.gif

I think he's just getting worried, 'chelle~ I do know what he means about not feeling like he could control himself on the Busa... that's why I had to get off mine~ The ol' bones don't heal as quickly anymore and it really gets one thinkin'~ It's one thing to be taken out by someone elses stupidity and a whole nuther to be taken out by the rush of speed~ He may shake it off after a while... but I carried these feelings for a over year before gettin off the Busa~ Although I just went to HD to slow my arse down... not sure why he would feel the need to get off the Hog~
rock.gif

ukliam3.gif

Well guys and gals...I think the verdict is in...

My house is riddled with Mustang magazines of all kinds...yesterday I was "allowed" to drive his mistress to work. When I got home, he stopped cutting the grass to come over and rub her down, cover her up for the night, and was dying to know what I thought of the ride (he just got the car back on Friday after wrecking it 2 weeks ago...with mods of course)...

I told him she's "sex on wheels" and I meant it...that car is just sweet to drive, a real attention getter (I think I had about 10 dates on my ride home), fun, loud, smooth, nasty...you name it, I want it
laugh.gif

It's ALL he talked about all night..."sex on wheels huh?" he says with the biggest grin in the world. "Yep, best way I can describe it Mike"...I don't mind stroking the ego, especially when I see just how giddy he is right now...

I do believe Mike's reliving his youth...the days of him and his '65 Mustang are all coming back; he loved that car like no man should LOL...even our friends are talking about how he's just out driving around, coming by to see people he hasn't seen in a while to show off the car. He's in love with the car and I think that's his focus now. He knows I want more for my Mustang too, and he's quick with his plans for her...he's been doing a ton of research for both cars as of late...

...that HD is collecting dust AND costing him money...not giving him any pleasure whatsoever...

If any of this were truly about safety or his fears, I'd think he'd stop riding in shorts and the illegal skid lid
all_coholic.gif

Nope, it's her...my new competition in life...
wink.gif
I'm still not selling Caesar, especially for some gal he's fallen for
laugh.gif

MikesMistress.JPG

laugh.gif

P.S. I could handle 2 twenty year olds...they would look so sweet washing my bike and car, doing the laundry, scrubbing bathrooms...

*swoon*
biggrin.gif

Mike's new bling...shaker hood, shaker kit, new paint...

He's thinking "what Harley?" anymore
sad.gif

MikesMistress2.JPG

heh, sell me his HD, store it, I'll just fly into town once in a while and ride it.... that will KILL him and make him wanna buy it back and ride it again
wow.gif
beerchug.gif

nice stang, have a buddy with the new mach 1, shaker hood, etc who is thinking about selling his. He *never* drives it, rides his bike more
SHOCKED.gif

(zukracer @ Sep. 19 2007,09:39) heh, sell me his HD, store it, I'll just fly into town once in a while and ride it.... that will KILL him and make him wanna buy it back and ride it again
wow.gif
beerchug.gif

nice stang, have a buddy with the new mach 1, shaker hood, etc who is thinking about selling his. He *never* drives it, rides his bike more
SHOCKED.gif
In a perfect world, we'd just keep 'em all, and I'm good with that, but I think he's just sick of paying for the HD right now and never riding...

Brian, I would never sell you that Harley...damn pricey machine
tounge.gif

Unless Mike approaches me and voices concerns over safety and riding, I really think he just wants to work on the car...he's hinting at building a garage a lot lately; my guess is that he's ready to start disassembling his 1965 Mustang and starting over with that project as well...

Mid-life crisis coming...I've been fearing this since he turned 21
laugh.gif

(GJoker @ Sep. 19 2007,08:20)
(LadyHawk @ Sep. 18 2007,17:49)
zzwhip.gif
ukliam3.gif
Two 20s!! Two 20s!!  
ukliam3.gif
Shudup you!! 40 is young I say!!  
mad.gif
Agreed, but.... it's also true that 20 goes into 40 a heck of a lot more than 40 goes into 20....

ukliam3.gif

Back