eBay! first major purchase- gone bad

The guy runs a lot of auctions and probably made a listing mistake. I'd have left a neutral and been done with it.

You guys calling this guy a SCAMMER need to get a grip on reality. He's been on ebay for 4 years, has 1499 positive feedbacks (many obviously from repeat customers being his score is 1311). Before this incident he had a whopping 3 negatives against him!
Yeah that's a sure sign of a scammer.
all_coholic.gif

Oh and you can remove negative feedback for $30 bucks (so he wasn't full of it there) or agree to mutually remove feedback.

I'm a member since 1999...and I see it, what you doing, is right...he try to sell something he doesn't have, consequences are ugly...
guns.gif
super.gif

I don't use ebay at all any more. I've had to many problems, and alot of people I've talked to don't use them any more. Too many rip-off and trying to get paypal to help with a bait & switch item is like pulling teeth. I'm glad you got your money back and I'm glad you turned him in!

I could care less about my rating now, I just started using ebay finally, and I just received a email and now he is offering me money or something in return for my inconvience. no thanks, I'm done with ebay now.

(Turbo-Torch @ Mar. 22 2007,20:43) The guy runs a lot of auctions and probably made a listing mistake.  I'd have left a neutral and been done with it.

You guys calling this guy a SCAMMER need to get a grip on reality.  He's been on ebay for 4 years, has 1499 positive feedbacks (many obviously from repeat customers being his score is 1311).  Before this incident he had a whopping 3 negatives against him!
Yeah that's a sure sign of a scammer.  
all_coholic.gif
Didn't call him a SCAMMER, I said it sounds like a scam. And paying to remove negatives is news to me. Never heard of that
all_coholic.gif
So if that's true, and he only has a whopping 3 negative - how many did he have to pay for to have removed. Bottom line, he was justified in leaving a negative feedback. The seller jacked him around for 5 days after selling an item that he didn't have in stock.

You sound kinda sensitive, someone you know?
rock.gif

all_coholic.gif

should have asked us first...our pooled resources are more affective than a single person with a really XS <s>brain</s> sized head.
j/k
wink.gif

many here use eBay...and most of us have very little go wrong with it.
just a matter of luck and research.

beerchug.gif

(BusaCruise @ Mar. 23 2007,13:30) should have asked us first...our pooled resources are more affective than a single person with a really XS <s>brain</s> sized head.
j/k    
wink.gif

many here use eBay...and most of us have very little go wrong with it.
just a matter of luck and research.

beerchug.gif
Ok, that is deserving!!

Congrats as that was really funny!

You hereby receive the second COFFEE award for a great sense of humor!

(Turbo-Torch @ Mar. 22 2007,20:47) Oh and you can remove negative feedback for $30 bucks (so he wasn't full of it there) or agree to mutually remove feedback.
I was curious about this post so I did some research. Pulled the below from the Ebay website. Dont see anywhere that you can remove negative feedback. Please, show us what you are talking about. Thanks

eBay will remove feedback ratings and comments if they meet the standard for feedback abuse outlined in the ‘Additional Information’ section below. In addition, eBay offers members the opportunity to withdraw feedback ratings using Mutual Feedback Rating Withdrawal.

Members should use caution and good judgment when leaving feedback for another member of the eBay community, because:

Feedback cannot be edited or removed once it has been left. It generally becomes a permanent part of a member's eBay record and is viewable by the entire eBay community.

Members could be held legally responsible for damages to a member's reputation if a court were to find that the remarks constitute libel or defamation. Under federal law (the Communications Decency Act), because eBay does not censor feedback or investigate it for accuracy, eBay is not legally responsible for the remarks that members post, even if those remarks are defamatory. However, this law does not protect the person who leaves the feedback from responsibility for it.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Feedback removal

Some Examples Hide

Feedback abuse

A member includes another member’s name or phone number in a feedback comment. eBay will remove the feedback upon request of the seller.

A seller blocks a buyer from bidding on his items using the eBay blocked bidder feature. The buyer creates another User ID to get around the block, wins the item and then leaves negative feedback. eBay will remove the feedback upon request of the seller.

Mutual Feedback Rating Withdrawal

A buyer leaves a seller negative feedback for late shipping. Later that day the package arrives. The buyer contacts the seller and offers to go through Mutual Feedback Rating Withdrawal to have the negative feedback rating removed.

Additional Information Hide

Feedback Rating Withdrawal (feedback rating removed, comment remains)

Members who use the eBay Mutual Feedback Rating Withdrawal process will have their feedback rating withdrawn once both members have completed the process.

eBay will withdraw the feedback rating if provided with a ruling or settlement agreement from an eBay-approved certified dispute resolution service or a settlement resolving a lawsuit.

Feedback abuse and removal

Feedback that meets any of the circumstances below is feedback abuse and may be subject to removal.
Feedback that doesn't meet any of the reasons outlined below will not be removed:

eBay is provided with a valid court order finding that the disputed feedback is slanderous, libelous, defamatory or otherwise illegal.

The feedback comment contains profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist language or adult material. Inflammatory language, such as "fraud, liar, cheater, scam artist, con man" etc., while strongly discouraged, will not be removed.

The feedback comment contains personal identifying information about another member, including real name, address, phone number, or e-mail address.

The feedback makes reference to an eBay, PayPal or law enforcement organization investigation.

The feedback comment contains links or scripts.

Negative feedback intended for another member will be considered for removal only in situations where the member responsible for the mistaken posting informs eBay of the error and has already placed the same feedback for the correct member.

Feedback left by a person ineligible to participate in eBay transactions, according to Section 1 of the eBay User Agreement, at the time of the transaction or the time the feedback was left.

Feedback left by a member who provided eBay with false contact information and could not be contacted. In general, the transaction period is considered to be 90 days from the end of the listing or 30 days from the date the feedback was left, whichever was longer.

Feedback left by a member who bid on or purchased an item solely to have the opportunity to leave negative feedback for the seller, with no intention of completing the transaction.

Feedback left by users who are indefinitely suspended for certain policy violations within 90 days of registration. eBay takes the position that members who are indefinitely suspended soon after registration shouldn't be able to permanently impact another member's account.

eBay will automatically remove feedback from members indefinitely suspended within 90 days of registration. Not all suspension types qualify for automatic feedback removal. For example, accounts that are suspended for non-payment of eBay bills and instances when eBay provides the member with the opportunity to fix the issue (and be reinstated), do not qualify for automatic removal.

Automatic suspension

Members that earn a feedback rating of -4 (minus four), will be automatically suspended.

For more information on laws limiting the liability of companies like eBay from written remarks posted on its site by third parties, please visit these Web sites:

Legal Information Institute

Findlaw.com

Independent Feedback Review on eBay Motors

Independent Feedback Review is only available on eBay Motors and allows members to submit a feedback comment for review by an independent reviewer. The review services are provided by professional dispute resolution organizations with extensive expertise in resolving automotive and other disputes. These organizations are unaffiliated with eBay.

When a member requests a feedback review, the feedback comment left for the member filing the complaint will be reviewed by an independent reviewer for a fee. Depending on the decision by the reviewer the feedback rating may be withdrawn. Withdrawn feedback is not counted in feedback scores or ratings, but the feedback comment remains with an administrative notation from eBay.

For additional information on the guidelines for Independent Feedback Review see http://pages.motors.ebay.com/services/independent-feedback-review.html

Why does eBay have this policy? Hide

Feedback is the foundation of trust on eBay. Abuse of the eBay feedback system undermines the integrity of the feedback system and decreases trust within the eBay marketplace. Mutual Feedback Withdrawal provides members the opportunity to correct mistakes or to withdraw a feedback because the issue that caused the feedback has been resolved. Though feedback is a member-to-member system, there are specific, limited occasions when eBay will remove feedback comments.

Since you asked :

I replied back no I want a immediate refund. 24 hours go by at this point I set up a dispute with paypal just to be safe and make sure this doesn't get real bad.  12 hours later whammo, all of a sudden he's my friend.  I finally get my money back

I think you shot first and asked questions later so to speak . Giving him a couple days to refund your bucks would not been that big a deal and this speaks of both Ebay feedback you left the guy along with the PayPal dispute .

He had a zillion good feedbacks , been a long time Ebayer and I don't think he was going to stop the whole Ebay as income thing over not refunding your bucks .

Putting yourself in his shoes might help . He might have even been offline overnight doing normal lifes stuff that could account for well over 12 of those hours .

(Black Bird Killer @ Mar. 26 2007,06:27)
(Turbo-Torch @ Mar. 22 2007,20:47) Oh and you can remove negative feedback for $30 bucks (so he wasn't full of it there) or agree to mutually remove feedback.
I was curious about this post so I did some research. Pulled the below from the Ebay website.  Dont see anywhere that you can remove negative feedback.  Please, show us what you are talking about.  Thanks
That's really eating away at you isn't it?

Go to Google and start searching. Here's your first hint:
S******R***.

Have fun and don't stay up too late!
zzwhip.gif

(Turbo-Torch @ Mar. 26 2007,22:34)
(Black Bird Killer @ Mar. 26 2007,06:27)
I was curious about this post so I did some research. Pulled the below from the Ebay website.  Dont see anywhere that you can remove negative feedback.  Please, show us what you are talking about.  Thanks
That's really eating away at you isn't it?

Go to Google and start searching.  Here's your first hint:
S******R***.

Have fun and don't stay up too late!  
zzwhip.gif
Not really eating away at me, just was curious as to what your source is
wink.gif

Back