WEATHER

cool.gif

adjusted my chain, put on the Zero Gravity Touring Screen I got from Thinker, and I was off!

The windscreen makes a bigger difference than I thought it would. Especially on the hiway. I'm still cold tho, brr.

Word of advise: loose chain causes lots of problems. Now that it is correctly adjusted: better acceleration, no loss of traction from an unstable power source, and an overall smoother ride.
biggrin.gif

i really dont care if its cold il ride, but cant seem to get over the wet pavement, so if its dry i ride. thermal lining helps alot also
laugh.gif

was good to strech the tires.... aahhhhhhh........

now the clouds are rolling in... should taker home.
biggrin.gif
52* and windy, not bad for the last day of the year.

We're about 40 degrees or so, which believe it or not is good enough to ride in. I live in Alberta - if I waited for 75 to 80 degree days to ride I would only ride 2 months of the year !!

Oh yes you can ride in 40 deg!

Just got off work about two hours ago at 3am and the wind was blowing.....Warm! Well, warmER. If we get a north wind it comes through the canyons and compresses and gets warmer. Hotternell in the summer but it was nice today!

Rode yesterday 1-10-03 With a guy who jus moved here from Seattle. He was on a new Gsxr1000, nice ride we had. I lead going up 25 miles of twisties and he lead coming back. Fun!

whew!!!

I rode to work for a bit.. just so I could ride really....
Started sprinklin on the way home, I stopped and took some photos(my floppy doesnt work here at home now for some damn reason), so took some okay pics. BUT, half way home,
started to sleet.. full out freezing rain now. Good timing eh?
wow.gif

YAY!! fixed my floppy drive!!
Okay, took these on the Oregon side, just above The Dalles Dam. FYI - The Dalles Dam has more concrete in it than any other dam in the USA.

1st pic - basicly a test photo, tried to get the dam, bike, and snow together.

Better shot of bike and snowy hills. 36* at the moment, starting to sprinkle. That hill is about 150' higher elevation than where I was standing.

Not a very good photo. The bridge in the background is what I take every day to work: live in WA, work in OR.
Don't pay attention to the garbage(unless I just pointed it out), this is a hotspot for ppl to eat lunch.

And just another photo for the heck of it. I was getting cold(not straddling my heater), and the sprinkles started to freeze on the way down.

By the time I got home, the driveway was starting to accumulate the freezing rain. Good timing getting home.
baaa.gif

Will se how the weather is tomorrow, hopefully I can get some shots of Mt. Hood.
smile.gif

Back