unique whips gets whipped

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
first time I ever watched the show... probably won't watch it anymore.. it was ok I guess... eh..just not my thing... watchin' the guys do basically the same stuff over and over... or watch them put a buncha tv's in a football playas home... yippie.. thats entertainment..

anyway.. they got scammed..

I'm not gonna explain it all.. short story is:

get a phone call from a major corporation to do 10 cars .. wheels, tv's, stereo.. blah blah blah.. nothing major really..

they need the first one YESTERDAY... fast fast fast.. the money will get there.. blah blah blah..

they do it.. take the bait for the promise of doing a bunch of other custom jobs in the near future...

send a roll back to pick up the car... last they hear from anybody ,, phone number they have doesn't work anymore.. nobody from the company knows the guy.. it's all over... scam is over, and done.

now.. I really didn't think much about it at the time.. but I do remember thinking it was odd that a major corporation needed customized cars in the first place... especially 3 yr. old cars... yep... 03 dodge magnums... WTF is a money brokerage going to do with 10 '03 dodge magnums customized?

sorta funny... and at the same time it sucked for the unique guys.. they stayed late to get it done.. worked their asses off.. and got ganked..

frikken scammers.

mad.gif

That guy, the owner seems like a pretty business savy guy, howd that happen? He just let them take it without paying?
rock.gif

sucks to be them but i wouldnt do any work without at least half down if it was someone i didnt know.and they dont pick em up til its paid in full.

I sorta do enjoy watching them do the work.. and picking up little tips about stuff that I may never do..

for example... taking a heat gun to freshly tinted windows prevents bubbles from coming up.. never tinted a window.. but ya never know.

I get so bored watching one self important person talk about how much they just spent on their cars though.. yah.. you have a disco ball in the living room...
rock.gif

I had one in my bedroom when I was 12.. congratulations..

haha ehh. what the hell... maybe I'll put one in my living room cuz it's cool again since this guy did it.

It didn't explain the payment method.. I'm sure it was.. "the company will be sending a check out to you." or something along those lines..

the reason it worked is because they needed it so fast.. called him for example on a thursday.. needed it by friday at 7.. car didn't even show up at the place till 1:30 or so.. more concerned with getting the job done on time that stopping to think about it rationally.

good business move... bad business move.. i'm sure it could happen to alot of people though.. I know for a fact I could get many thousands of dollars of different stuff, and quite possibly several vehicle with just a few phone calls and a purchase order number.. from businesses that had never talked to me before.. or anybody from the company.

getting it would be easy.. keeping it and not getting caught would be harder especially since I wouldn't plan on taking/selling the loot and leaving.

Back