A thread I started got me thinking about vehicle names

70-74 Cuda and Challenger had many differences despite both "sharing" the e-body platform. Most notably, the Challenger's wheelbase was 110" while the Barracuda's was only 108". They weren't just re-badged and restyled versions of each other like the Camaro-bird of the time.

Back to Rubb's quandary. You'll find that some cars change their names due to the local dialect of the intended market. Take the Buick Lacrosse (please!)... it couldn't be sold as the Lacrosse in Quebec as that is a French slang term for masturbation...

I'm sure that's an extreme example but not an isolated case.
He said masturbation....

aahhh Rubb.

Don't know, just saw the reference to the two being running mates on "Graveyard Cars" The guy on there seemed to be a walking encyclopedia on Mopar. Both are E bodies but the sheet metal is a bit different same as the Cougar and Mustang were.

Your Mustang/Cougar comparison is a perfect one. The Cougar, like the Challenger had a longer wheelbase and was aimed (theoretically) at the higher end of the ponycar market than were the Mustang and Barracuda. Mmm, luxury.

At the end of the day though, The Mopar E-bodies had more in common with each other than differences so I concede. All exterior sheetmetal (save for the roof) was different between the Plymouth and the Dodge but most of the inner body structure was shared. Much of this structure was also shared with the 1971-74 B-bodies (Satellite, Charger, Roadrunner) as the E-body was basically a shortened version.

Note: The 71-up B-bodies were supposed to debut in 1970 alongside of the new E-bodies but were delayed until 1971....

Don't know, just saw the reference to the two being running mates on "Graveyard Cars" The guy on there seemed to be a walking encyclopedia on Mopar. Both are E bodies but the sheet metal is a bit different same as the Cougar and Mustang were.
I used to watch Graveyard cars all the time. They rebuild them to factory specs down to every nut and bolt.
I preferred Cuda'/Barracuda over Challenger. I had a 70 Cuda', and a 71, 74 Barracuda.

In Sweden, Honda tried to introduce the model Fitta, which literally means c*nt in swedish slang. It was eventually renamed to Honda Jazz instead.

The also initially used the slogan "Honda Fitta - small on the outside but big once you get in!".....

5 years in production...hard to believe. 3 as Plymouth Prow,2 as Chrysler Prow. Even a badge change didn't help. Junk.:mad:
Rubb.
All the car reviewers said if they would have put a Hemi in it, it would have sold like hotcakes...that anemic V-6 could hardly make it get out of it's own way.

Back