Day without immigrants

Any illegals that are willing to work, pay taxes, learn english, and are proud to become an American, I have no problem with legalizing them.

If they're not willing to do all that, kick them out!!

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146513680 -->

I agree with Charlesbusa, my mom is from Germany and she had to take the test learn english ect.
mad.gif

Link to Story

"I want my children to know their mother is not a criminal," said Benita Olmedo, a nanny who came here illegally in 1986 from Mexico and pulled her 11-year-old daughter and 7-year-old son from school to march in San Diego. "I want them to be as strong I am. This shows our strength."

Again - wtf?!

"I want my children to know their mother is not a criminal", followed by "... a nanny who came here illegally in 1986 from Mexico". --- A bit of an oxymoron isn't it?

"I want them to be as strong I am. This shows our strength." --- Who's strength? Surely not the strength of the illegals? Are you all trying to flex in my/our country... oh, he11z no!

It's nice that your children are educated in schools which are funded in a country you are not a citizen of... you might want to keep them in school and let the grown ups sort this out.

<!--EDIT|HT_USMC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146518096 -->

I wasnt born here and played by the rules and it took a decade to become a green card carrying resident through the right legal channels. Another 10 to become an American (and tons of paperwork, fees, legal help etc) - I had to pay for college cash (no loans available) and frankly worked my fanny off to get here and stay here.

Now I have moved from NE to South Florida and am digusted by a couple of things here:

1) Folks who come here and refuse to learn english. English was not my first language but I sucked it up and leanred! We as Americans enable this behavior by providing driving tests and every legal and government process to be done in English, Spanish and other languages. Try to take a driving excam in China, Japan or France.

2) Those who are here illegally and feel entitles to be here - WTF? EARN it. Work hard, play by the rules, learn the history, learn the language, and be American. We are not the catch all for the globe and frankly cant afford to be.

3) The protesters can protest - it is the Amreican way to allow it but you start waving a cuban, mexican or whatever country you come from flag and many Americans are going to knee jerk react to that and find a way to help you go home.

My 2 cents.

Oh here's one that'll get your goat from the same article:

None of the 175 seasonal laborers who normally work Mike Collins' 500 acres of Vidalia onion fields in southeastern Georgia showed up Monday.

"We need to be going wide open this time of year to get these onions out of the field," he said. "We've got orders to fill. Losing a day in this part of the season causes a tremendous amount of problems."

Poor guy... can't make the profit off his governmently funded onion crop worked by (what we can only assume are) illegals. What a pity.

mad.gif

I read most of the article.. we have a problem here if imigrants within a month decide they are going to protest and cause this kind of problem...

If a person is a legal immigrant they should NOT be protesting. what are they protesting for?

Does anyone even know what they are trying to achieve by this?

How many that are protesting are justr doing it because they are sheep and following and have no idea why?

Does ANYONE have a clear understanding to what their goals are?

Ataboy!!! Swamplizard, I don't know you but you have earned my respect.:)

<!--EDIT|1320Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146518111 -->

I wasnt born here and played by the rules and it took a decade to become a green card carrying resident through the right legal channels. Another 10 to become an American (and tons of paperwork, fees, legal help etc) - I had to pay for college cash (no loans available) and frankly worked my fanny off to get here and stay here.

Now I have moved from NE to South Florida and am digusted by a couple of things here:

1) Folks who come here and refuse to learn english. English was not my first language but I sucked it up and leanred! We as Americans enable this behavior by providing driving tests and every legal and government process to be done in English, Spanish and other languages. Try to take a driving excam in China, Japan or France.

2) Those who are here illegally and feel entitles to be here - WTF? EARN it. Work hard, play by the rules, learn the history, learn the language, and be American. We are not the catch all for the globe and frankly cant afford to be.

3) The protesters can protest - it is the Amreican way to allow it but you start waving a cuban, mexican or whatever country you come from flag and many Americans are going to knee jerk react to that and find a way to help you go home.

My 2 cents.
Good for you, welcome and glad to see that you saw the value in America...... Glad to have you here and participating in our AWESOME country

My 2 cents.
Thank you..

I also agree that this whole thing is a slap in the face to legal immigrants who busted their buts like you did to become an American.

I would think any and ALL legal immigrants would be upset by this, not encouraging it..

My 2 cents.
And welcome to the board.. and thank you for coming into this country to the right way
thumbs-up.gif

My 2 cents.
And welcome to the board.. and thank you for coming into this country to the right way  
thumbs-up.gif
+1!!

Illegals are linking arms to form human chains, leaving or not going into work today, taking a 20 minute break at lunch, protesting, marching, etc...  on a day they call Un Dia Sin Inmigrantes — A Day Without Immigrants, all in the name of their rights.

I have to just vent.... WHAT RIGHTS?!  And shouldn't it be called A Day Without ILLEGAL Immigrants?
rock.gif

I heard a good line on the radio this morning, just before they played the P.o.S. American Anthem in Spanish (wtf?!), and it went something like this:

"We don't mind you coming to our country just sign the guest book so we know you're here"

Why are we not showing up with the Army National Guard (or more) and asking for ID from every single demonstrator and deporting those who can't prove their citizenship?!  They are doing our work for us and we can't show enough spine to step up and call them out on the fact that they have NO AMERICAN RIGHTS.  Human rights, yes... rights in this country NO.

I can't imagine how many Mexican flags have been purchased over the last weekend and will be waived today across our great nation, hung from flag poles atop our own national colors, and worn as ponchos/shirts as part of this protest.

I was both amazed and a bit in shock at how light traffic was today on the way into work, here in Dallas.  Does this mean I'm surrounded by illegals or those sympathetic to them?!  Unreal!

It's funny how a people can move into a country and desire that country to continue to function as it did which caused them to want to move here in the first place but are so amazingly ignorant that they do not realize the burden the bring en masse will force this country to change and become less desirable.

I say march on with your army of illegals and carry your standard (flag) before that army - all you're doing is showing the rest of the nation, and quite possibly the world, that we have been truly invaded and it's time to take action.
there has yet to be a device invented that can measure my indeference to that comment
wink.gif

if you are here illegally, GTFO. Good lord, the illegals get better medical and social benni's than the american's that were born here and struggle day in and out to provide for themselves and their families. Just take california for example.... they can't and havent had a balanced budget for ever, take all the social spending they put into illegals away and I bet you things get better there
mad.gif

so what can we do about this ourselves? I mean, each of us, rather than ranting online to people who already agree? Maybe we should print up signs that say "If you don't like it, GO HOME!" for bumpers, windows, etc. Maybe we could all start toting American flags on our antennas also? What else can we do?

That guy with the onion crop field needs to be investigated, and if he is employing illegals. He needs to be shut down.
mad.gif

+1!!!!!
smile.gif
Swamplizard glad to have you as a US citizen......
Now that being said let's all email our senators and congressmen let the know and understand our feelings. These people have to earn the right to be in the US via legal work visas and then if they chose to stay then follow the rules and laws to become citizens
mad.gif

I came to this country the illegal way, way back in 84' or 86'... I was 4 or 5 I think and the reason for my family coming to United States of America was because of the Cival War in El Salvador. Now, keep in mind that at the time I crossed the border illegally, now you could pretty much say that the majority of my family is legal and very much Americanized or we have adopted the ways of the American Culture... My Mom & Pops don't speak fluent English, they know what one would be saying to em, but as far as speaking English and holding a coversation, they really don't have it down. They have worked they're ass off to get some of the things that they currently have, and to a extent, I'm not gonna lie to you, the words that have come out of here just makes me question what kind of background some us come from.
Now by all means, correct if I'm just taking this out of context, by all means... But I just wonder, say for instance that I've gone on rides with you and had a hell of time and we shot the poop, and I told you I was an illegal, how would you take that? Would some of you stop chilling and riding with me? Or would you look beyond that illegal chit. What do some of you all think?

i dont know about you guys and how ur freeway traffic is normally, but this morning.. seriously.. it was like it was a holiday. places where the freeway is always a parking lot... there wasnt that many cars. usually it takes me 25 mins to get home.. today.. around 18. they need to have these marches more often!

Back