Fear grips Immigrants

Your making excuses based on assumptions and giving them a pass. It was a factory with UNION jobs, so I doubt low wages factor into it.

I do not know the exact particulars but maybe this so it's o.k or maybe that so it's alright just don't work for me. As I said, it is union labor so.....

No stress bro..
Their activities do not affect me. I doubt they affect you in any tangible sense and I doubt anyone you know has lost a job due to illegals.

The whole issue seems to be that of disliking an identifiable group of people because they are different in culture, language and appearance. Everyone can spout out a bunch of statistics generated by organizations like the heritage institute which to me is a thinly veiled hate group. However, this phenomenon is just another mass migration of humans just like has happened many many times throughout recent and ancient history.

Blame our government for this. Blame our businessmen for this. The big and small companies who make it the way it is today. The American companies who take American jobs across the border or overseas are to blame also....

True fact... folks from countries south of Mexico will not get ahead in Mexico because Mexicans will not hire them.... Same thing happens in Miami with non-Cubans.

America needs to adopt the same way of dealing with this. The U.S. government needs to penalize Mexico for every illegal mexican caught in the U.S.

Remember ... Mexico did not support the U.S. after Sep 11......

I am a retired U.S. Army just to let you all know... Esto tiene que parar ya... basta ya.

No stress bro..
Their activities do not affect me. I doubt they affect you in any tangible sense and I doubt anyone you know has lost a job due to illegals.

The whole issue seems to be that of disliking an identifiable group of people because they are different in culture, language and appearance. Everyone can spout out a bunch of statistics generated by organizations like the heritage institute which to me is a thinly veiled hate group. However, this phenomenon is just another mass migration of humans just like has happened many many times throughout recent and ancient history.

Well I'll give the whole mass migration thing some open minded thought.

I think the thing that makes it stand out and be a sore spot for many americans (this being different from past "migrations") is the seemingly unwillingness to integrate into the existing culture. Press 1 for english pisses a lot of people off. GOD KNOWS I AM FREAKIN' TIRED OF IT. Illegals come across our border at will, hold their rallies and shove their mexican flag in our face, demand rights and benefits, and then complain if we just want to make english the standard language. :banghead:

Unlike the Italians, Germans, Polish, etc who was proud of their culture integrated into Americans...the Mexicans seems more bent on turning America into a bi-cultural part of Mexico.

I believe if we got rid of the Press 1 for English crap and they flew an American Flag proudly, thanked God (or whoever, no religious push here) for being here, and worked at speaking english into becoming American...all the immigration BS would go away and they would be probably be welcomed.

Instead they try to turn me into a Mexican....
BTW-My company just added an idiot test for new hires...availible in Spanish as well (THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT) This should not become the United States of Mexico

I hear you on alot of that. The thing is that there have always been reasons to dislike migrants, each group receiving a strong dose of dislike from the predecessors.
As far as failing to integrate, I disagree because within one generation, immigrants' children attend schools and are indoctrinated with the American way. So, what if the migration results in a few Mexican chain restaurants. You know you love to eat a burrito or chimichanga once in a while. :laugh:

The employers are the biggest problem because they hire them, so the government need to stick it to them with some heavy fines then they will comply.

Allways thought this was a site for bikers who treated each other with respect. Who will do the f--ked up jobs, and last i remember they didnt have back pack bombs ...
And hadji smiling at 7/11, while sticking it to us with overpriced fuel..... Just my two cents ,, and no im not mexican..... Born american:bowdown::poke:

The employers are the biggest problem because they hire them, so the government need to stick it to them with some heavy fines then they will comply.

If you think that any company or corperation is NOT going to pass fines or taxes on to the consumer you are in La-La Land.
:banghead:

I wish this were as easy as it sounds! My father owns and operates his own contracting business in the Houston area. He ALWAYS collects the proper hiring paperwork. When presented with the standard I-9 data he can not tell if it is authentic for that person or if they went to the local flea market and purchased it. A couple of weeks later when he gets a letter from the IRS stating something is wrong with the SS#, THEN he has to deal with and pay a fine or penalty of some sort. I would think that your larger businesses would have the resources to do background checks or SS# checks of some sort, but not all employers can do that.

As far as most of us being illegals, I have to concur with the statement that my great grand-parents came through Ellis Island, but me and my parents were born as US Citizens in this country. I myself was born in St. Luke's Hospital in downtown Houston, TX.

I am all for people of other countries (no matter which one) coming to America LEGALLY to better themselves, but it does place a burden on the average American to support illegals of any background. Maybe I would have a different outlook if I hadn't seen so many abuse the system for WIC, food stamps, medical care, and other services. Especially when there are so many "working poor" Americans who can not afford the luxury of health insurance to see a physician when they are ill.

OK...I will step off the soapbox. :rant:

I`m sorry Mrs. Rubber2burn. I don`t believe in this story.

Here is why. It`s easy to identify bad SS#, he have to learn to do that.
There is no way illegals can obtain valid Driver License.

My ex GF work for Wheels Fargo bank and she is telling me stories how many illegal constructions employees cashing their checks every Friday. They don`y have US DL nor SS card.

Bank won`t report them because they want to keep their business.

Friend of mine is in used car business and he located in Hispanic populated area, 90% of his sells was to individuals without US Driver License. How he can not do that, nobody really understands why is their money is not good anymore.
Mexicans were buying cars from him and exported back to Mexico...... 30-50 a month..
Who have problem with that? I have no clue.

People who never deal with immigration in last 20 years don`t understand that it is almost impossible to get here legally.

I got here in 1997 as political refugee. Legally.
I never used any government help nor medical care. It took me 10 years to get my green card. I can not vote, I can`t get government job, I can not buy a house.. I can not leave a country because they have right not to let be back.
10 years of my life wasted on meaningless paperwork and immigration nightmare.

Mind you that I have MPhys and MEng and have a stable job, paying my taxes, etc.. etc...

Soooo.. before you start screaming about legal vs, illegal immigration go to uscis.gov and educate yourself on the topic. Legal immigration limited to absurd level.

You are absolutely correct Vic. It is oh so very hard to do legally. That still does NOT condone illegal imigration. If you come across the border in any other way but the proper way then you have NO RIGHTS TO ANYTHING!!!

Not even the right to have "Push 1 for English"

But, please, for those that suffer through the paperwork and difficulty to earn the right...This whole country is in your hands.

People who never deal with immigration in last 20 years don`t understand that it is almost impossible to get here legally.

I got here in 1997 as political refugee. Legally.
I never used any government help nor medical care. It took me 10 years to get my green card. I can not vote, I can`t get government job, I can not buy a house.. I can not leave a country because they have right not to let be back.
10 years of my life wasted on meaningless paperwork and immigration nightmare.

Mind you that I have MPhys and MEng and have a stable job, paying my taxes, etc.. etc...

Soooo.. before you start screaming about legal vs, illegal immigration go to uscis.gov and educate yourself on the topic. Legal immigration limited to absurd level.

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot how ignorant people really are about immigration statistics.

Ohh.. One more thing..... I am US Citizen by choice. I am learning English and enjoying our mixed and wild culture. I`m proud to be a part of this culture.

...what is next, stuff them in cattle trains and send them to gas chambers across the border???:rofl:
I know it is not funny but....

...what is next, stuff them in cattle trains and send them to gas chambers across the border???:rofl:
I know it is not funny but....

Nooo...stuff them into cattle trains and just send them back across the border period.

Ohh.. One more thing..... I am US Citizen by choice. I am learning English and enjoying our mixed and wild culture. I`m proud to be a part of this culture.

Don't take this wrong, Vic, but WHY are you learning "English" in this country? Your reply may shed some light on the whole "Press 1 for English" annoyance

I think that it is great that he is learning English. I know several natural born citizens that need to learn English. (Ever been to Louisiana? 'Nuff said.:laugh:)

It's the people that demand that signs be posted in Mexican, forms be printed in Mexican, etc.

Spanish is not the only other language you will find on street signs. Try driving through parts of Houston. The signs are very multi-cultural, Chinese, Vietnamese. I am not saying this is a negative thing, hey everyone has to find there way around. Traffic signs have been in English my whole 31 years and I still am directionally challenged. :) :)

I was however taught in one of my high school classes (Multi-Cultural Learning) that America is a great "melting pot" of people. Working in healtcare (hospital side & managed care to include Medicare and Medicaid), it gets frustrating to see the benefits to some but not to others.

I do want to point out for those who believe I am making stuff up as I go along, everything that I have stated is fact. Tell me, when just looking at a driver's license can you tell if it is valid or not (without the benefit of a background checking service). There are some great fakes out there.

Back