Machete - Pro Illegal Immigration Movie?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
- Machete Robert Rodriguez Trailer[/url]

I won't imbed, since it's an R rated clip. I'm shocked that this movie seems to be pro-illegal immigrant. From the intro, to the characture portrayal of the US Senator to the little conversation between Michalle Rodriguez and Jessica Alba at the concession stand. This movie is destined for the trash heap when word gets around that it's a giant hack piece for the illegal immigration movement.

I'm really rather disgusted.

From Wikipedia

The film focuses on Machete (uncle of Carmen and Juni Cortez) who is a renegade former "Mexican Federale". He roams the cities, towns, and streets of Texas looking for work after a shakedown from a drug lord called Torrez. Machete has a run-in with Benz, a local businessman and spin doctor, who tells Machete that McLaughlin, a corrupt senator, is sending hundreds of illegal immigrants out of the country and that he must be killed. Benz offers Machete $150,000 to kill McLaughlin, and Machete quickly accepts the murder contract. Attempting to assassinate the senator at a political rally, Machete is double-crossed and is shot in the shoulder by Benz's henchmen. It is soon revealed that the Senator orchestrated the entire attempted assassination with Benz as part of a false flag operation to gain public support for McLaughlin's harsh anti-immigration laws. By setting up Machete as the patsy, the conspirators make it appear that an outlaw illegal Mexican immigrant has tried to assassinate the senator. Now on the run from the law and being tracked by Sartana, a persistent U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent with a special interest in the blade slinger, Machete goes after Benz and his men, as well as Senator McLaughlin, with the help of his "holy" Federale-turned-priest brother Padre, a saucy meat cleaver-wielding taco slinger named Luz, and April, a socialite with a penchant for guns. Machete rallies a group of illegal immigrants together, and begins to hunt the people who double crossed him.[4]

Last edited by a moderator:
its a movie.... whats the big deal. dont see it if you dont like it? its really that simple.

theres movies that paint people that kill american soldiers in a good light, a humane light. and thats ok?

looks like he did his job, almost all his movies have been low rent and few make it out of mexico, but this is already made it to a motorcycle forum:whistle:

its a movie.... whats the big deal. dont see it if you dont like it? its really that simple.

theres movies that paint people that kill american soldiers in a good light, a humane light. and thats ok?

looks like he did his job, almost all his movies have been low rent and few make it out of mexico, but this is already made it to a motorcycle forum:whistle:

What are you talking about? Robert Rodriguez is an American film maker. His movies aren't produced for the Mexican market, in fact, the only movie he ever made that was created in Spanish was still an American film, El Mariachi.

And for the record, I have never seen an American movie that showed the killing of our soldiers in a positive light, not in recent times. Perhaps in the 70's this was fashionable, but not in today's society.

Sorry if I ruined your day with my observations, sheesh.

your right, i dont know what i was thinking, i thought mariachi was his first crossover, and others were mexico releases...

there have been movies throught history that tell the other side of a war, how the people that bombed us or fought against us, have humanity, honor and such. its not really relevant so whatever, just saying. what people choose to get mad about baffles me

if we wouldnt even talk about trash movies like this they wouldnt get made or make money, but everyone gets flapped up and gives them free advertising.

you didnt ruin my day with your observations either, just solidified another point in why trash like this becomes succesful.

you didnt ruin my day with your observations either, just solidified another point in why trash like this becomes succesful.

The thing that bothers me is that I like RR's movies. I thought Grindhouse (Planet Terror) was masterful. It disappoints me that this movie has gone so political, it ruined my expectations for the film.

The reason I posted this was because I fear others may make the same assumptions without knowing what they're going to see.

The thing that bothers me is that I like RR's movies. I thought Grindhouse (Planet Terror) was masterful. It disappoints me that this movie has gone so political, it ruined my expectations for the film.

The reason I posted this was because I fear others may make the same assumptions without knowing what they're going to see.

i see. yea i agree it sucks when hollywood needs to inject their agenda.

grindhouse being masterful though you lost me... :laugh: i liked them both though, did they ever get that straightened out on whether the scripts were stolen or not?

grindhouse being masterful though you lost me... :laugh: i liked them both though, did they ever get that straightened out on whether the scripts were stolen or not?

MASTERFUL in a crappy movie sort of way. Popcorn flicks. ;)

Oh, as for the scripts being stolen...first I have heard of that. Wouldn't doubt it though....both of them like to borrow a lot.

Everyone has their own opinions. They just need to come up with a solution to fix this whole illlegal immigration problem. Sending all of the illlegal immigrants back to their home country just isn't working.

Everyone has their own opinions. They just need to come up with a solution to fix this whole illlegal immigration problem. Sending all of the illlegal immigrants back to their home country just isn't working.

Regardless of the solution, the movie glorifies an uprising from illegals, which is pretty much a slap in the face to everyone that worked hard to get here legally.

Back