Day without immigrants

Look! The problem is just not the immagrants. It's the society we live in. We are allowing this to happen. We need to go after the employers that higher these people and have no mercy!!
mad.gif

Another point is, When America was starting as a new nation. The people who came here for a better life intagrated to the American society. They had problems yes, but they still intagrated. The problem now is no intergration is happining. We are all American. If you hold citizenship you are American!!!! YOU ARE NOT IRISH AMERICAN, AFRICAN AMERICA, MEXICAN AMERICAN, CHINESE AMERICAN OR ANY OTHER --------- AMERICAN. When you were born here or became a citizen that part of you is gone!!
mad.gif
If you need to keep it with you then that is what your home is for. Your private home!!!

mad.gif

I don't mind the people, its just "some of them not all's" actions are totally disgusting, this protest shid is fugging sickening, they'll work for less
mad.gif
(driving down our wage rates, weekening our economy) when everything else goes up making it harder and harder on us.
but its weird how our laws that are in place to be able to deport them, our STUPID government won't do it

I've been saying this for a long time now Our government is for themselves anymore, and their kickbacks come from big business and big business wants cheap labor so they will never do anything about it

So we should be just as or moreso pissed off at our own government(President,Senators, house, State, and local) cause they protect them while we have to deal with it. Voting them(government) out doesn't help cause the next set will be bought off also.
mad.gif

mad.gif

I came to this country the illegal way, way back in 84' or 86'... I was 4 or 5 I think and the reason for my family coming to United States of America was because of the Cival War in El Salvador. Now, keep in mind that at the time I crossed the border illegally, now you could pretty much say that the majority of my family is legal and very much Americanized or we have adopted the ways of the American Culture... My Mom & Pops don't speak fluent English, they know what one would be saying to em, but as far as speaking English and holding a coversation, they really don't have it down. They have worked they're ass off to get some of the things that they currently have, and to a extent, I'm not gonna lie to you, the words that have come out of here just makes me question what kind of background some us come from.
Now by all means, correct if I'm just taking this out of context, by all means... But I just wonder, say for instance that I've gone on rides with you and had a hell of time and we shot the poop, and I told you I was an illegal, how would you take that? Would some of you stop chilling and riding with me? Or would you look beyond that illegal chit. What do some of you all think?
I'm not going to come here and get all angry with you personally. Hell, you were a kid you didnt have any choice. I'm not real pleased with your parents, but possibly they did what they had to do with a civil war going on. Maybe I'd have done the same thing, which doesnt make it right nor would I "deserve" to be here.   My grandfather came here (Legally) as a child because the turks were slaughtering the ppl in his country. They ended up killing his father and several other family members so I can empathize with escaping certain death if that was the case.

Personally, If ppl are citizens I don't really care about the flag thing or even if they speak English (however, if someone does't speak english thats their damn problem we have NO obligation to accomodate thier lazyness with regard to not learning the language).

I have a question. Do you feel what illegals are doing is fair to your fellow countrymen and women or the other ppl in worse situations that are trying to come here?  They essentially cut in line and took their place. If there wernt so many ppl here illegally it would be easier to allow in the truly needy or those that would be able to significantly contribute to our society.  
 Now that there are so many (11+ million or whatever) ppl here illegally and they are protesting what do you think the chances are that anything is going to to happen to benifit those ppl?  Those waiting to get here legally are now going to have to wait longer or may never get in. Thats pretty crappy that the selfish ppl are ruining it for those that play by the rules ,dont you think?

On top of that, illegal aliens(no not all of them but enough to cause a drain on our resources) are using our goverment services that are meant to help OUR kids and support the hardships that OUR citizens face. WE paid into those funds in order to educate our kids and to and support the less fortunate in our country. Is it not enough that we give out BILLIONS every year in aid, they have to take what was meant for our ppl too?  The LEAST these ppl could do if they had ANY semblance of class would be not to take what isnt theirs.
  So now OUR ppl have to suffer and do without because some have choosen not to play by the rules.  Do you think that is that fair?  The fact that they are now DEMANDING those things is disgusting. What bunch of f*cking freeloaders.  So try to understand where all these angry ppl are coming from...

<!--EDIT|TheDude27
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146626183 -->

Ya know,  I'm sitt'in here look'in at my mothers greatgrandfathers immigration papers....It say's right on it that he has to denounce Scotland and the Queen of england in order to become a citizen....the paper is dated 1870 and he signed it!!!....He loved America and wanted to be American and only American!    as a 5th generation American I would at least expect the same from our new crop of immigrants.....
Exactly!!

I guess that is what hits the nail on the head for me. if you want to come to America great!! do  it legally and stop waiving your homeland flag. pick up the U.S. flag and wave it.

Learn English.

And who in the he11 thought it was a good idea to re-write the national anthem in Spanish? wtf?
A guy form England did it, no shite he's English not Hispanic.
NO WAY!!!

now that is some funny shid
I thought so when I heard it on the news too.
wha...? really? WTF, did he do that for? is someone wants to rewrite british anthem? see if they like it?  
idea.gif
I dont think they have one.

Ya know,  I'm sitt'in here look'in at my mothers greatgrandfathers immigration papers....It say's right on it that he has to denounce Scotland and the Queen of england in order to become a citizen....the paper is dated 1870 and he signed it!!!....He loved America and wanted to be American and only American!    as a 5th generation American I would at least expect the same from our new crop of immigrants.....
Exactly!!

I guess that is what hits the nail on the head for me. if you want to come to America great!! do  it legally and stop waiving your homeland flag. pick up the U.S. flag and wave it.

Learn English.

And who in the he11 thought it was a good idea to re-write the national anthem in Spanish? wtf?
A guy form England did it, no shite he's English not Hispanic.
NO WAY!!!

now that is some funny shid
I thought so when I heard it on the news too.
wha...? really? WTF, did he do that for? is someone wants to rewrite british anthem? see if they like it?  
idea.gif
I dont think they have one.
I'm pretty sure they do, doesn't it start out like: "Blame Canada, Blame Canada"?

With so many illegals causing this much commotion in the US, wouldn't one wonder why there are so many in the first place. Many are happy to hire cheap labor but get upset when they complain, seems logical to go after the people who hire them first? If someone comes to me and doesn't speak English, has no documentation and is willing to do whatever it takes to get a job and is willing to work for peanuts, I'm pretty sure I'd have some idea there was something not right. I'd be held accountable for sure.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|Iced
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146666730 -->

EVERY "AMERICAN" should sell their businessse, properties, and basically everything else they own....quit their jobs, and apply for welfare!! Then, let's see how long it takes for the government to go broke. Then we will see how good America looks to the illegal immigrants!!

"A day without immigrants", why stop at a day, why not start with a decade? [/QUOTE]
rofl and falling off my chair!

Thanks you for a good laugh for teh day....
biggrin.gif

I came to this country the illegal way, way back in 84' or 86'... I was 4 or 5 I think and the reason for my family coming to United States of America was because of the Cival War in El Salvador. Now, keep in mind that at the time I crossed the border illegally, now you could pretty much say that the majority of my family is legal and very much Americanized or we have adopted the ways of the American Culture... My Mom & Pops don't speak fluent English, they know what one would be saying to em, but as far as speaking English and holding a coversation, they really don't have it down. They have worked they're ass off to get some of the things that they currently have, and to a extent, I'm not gonna lie to you, the words that have come out of here just makes me question what kind of background some us come from.
Now by all means, correct if I'm just taking this out of context, by all means... But I just wonder, say for instance that I've gone on rides with you and had a hell of time and we shot the poop, and I told you I was an illegal, how would you take that? Would some of you stop chilling and riding with me? Or would you look beyond that illegal chit. What do some of you all think?
I'm not going to come here and get all angry with you personally. Hell, you were a kid you didnt have any choice. I'm not real pleased with your parents, but possibly they did what they had to do with a civil war going on. Maybe I'd have done the same thing, which doesnt make it right nor would I "deserve" to be here. My grandfather came here (Legally) as a child because the turks were slaughtering the ppl in his country. They ended up killing his father and several other family members so I can empathize with escaping certain death if that was the case.

Personally, If ppl are citizens I don't really care about the flag thing or even if they speak English (however, if someone does't speak english thats their damn problem we have NO obligation to accomodate thier lazyness with regard to not learning the language).

I have a question. Do you feel what illegals are doing is fair to your fellow countrymen and women or the other ppl in worse situations that are trying to come here? They essentially cut in line and took their place. If there wernt so many ppl here illegally it would be easier to allow in the truly needy or those that would be able to significantly contribute to our society.
Now that there are so many (11+ million or whatever) ppl here illegally and they are protesting what do you think the chances are that anything is going to to happen to benifit those ppl? Those waiting to get here legally are now going to have to wait longer or may never get in. Thats pretty crappy that the selfish ppl are ruining it for those that play by the rules ,dont you think?

On top of that, illegal aliens(no not all of them but enough to cause a drain on our resources) are using our goverment services that are meant to help OUR kids and support the hardships that OUR citizens face. WE paid into those funds in order to educate our kids and to and support the less fortunate in our country. Is it not enough that we give out BILLIONS every year in aid, they have to take what was meant for our ppl too? The LEAST these ppl could do if they had ANY semblance of class would be not to take what isnt theirs.
So now OUR ppl have to suffer and do without because some have choosen not to play by the rules. Do you think that is that fair? The fact that they are now DEMANDING those things is disgusting. What bunch of f*cking freeloaders. So try to understand where all these angry ppl are coming from...
By all means Bro, I really was not for or against the rallying. I do believe that the borders need to be regulated more intensely than they are now. I do believe that the way the lawless ones are coming about coming to America is wrong. I'm looking at both sides of the issue. Is that the illegals fault for the government not doing it's job? I think that our government has the power to regulate and patrol our borders more closely than it is, but instead it does what? Let the citizens of our Nation handle the issue instead of the right appropriate personell or departments handle it? Or just build a half-ass steel curtain along the border and that's going to take care of things? With all the technollogy that's available to us, our government is not going to take advantage of it?
No disrespect to any of our service men, past or present As I really do respect and appreciate to what you all have contributed for the advacement of our great nation but...
How come we could spend billions upon billions on a war, and take a risk at getting our service men and women killed? Was it for our freedom, or was it for the Iraquis freedom? Was it right for us to be there in the first place? Our government, from what I interpreted, could'nt give us straight answer as to why we are war. Was it WMD's, was it an allegiance Al-Quida? WTF??? The borders should have been extremely patrolled during the post 9-11...
Ok, I'm done with this, everyone, by all means correct me if I'm wrong...

I feel the same as most of the posters here.  Come to America legally, become a citizen, learn english, contribute.  But for me, it isn't necesarily a cut and dried deal.

It is interesting to think about my ancestor's introduction to this country.  I claim Ireland as my land of ancestry, although there is some England and Scotland and France in there as well.  My paternal Grandfather was 100% Irish.  They struggled mightily, that their progeny would have an equal footing here.  But they did it legally (mostly - research the gangs of New York).  

Do I celebrate St. Patricks day? You bet.  Did I give all of my kids Irish names?  Absolutley.  It's one thing to be proud of one's heritage.

It's another to demand that you be accomodated in your native tongue in a foreign land, to claim benefits to which you are not entitled, especially those for which you do not pay.  Isn't this how we got the name "Ugly Americans"?  Travelling abroad, and expecting to have everything in English, and just the way it was back home?

Do I fly an Irish flag?  Nope - I'm an American.  Sing the anthem in gaelic?  Nope - I'm an American.  Drink warm beer?  Oh. Hell. No.  I'm an American.  
beerchug.gif

People brought to this country against their will have the right to protest.  Decendants of those people have the right to be resentful, along with the rights that citizenship brings.

People that come here voluntarily, and do not become legal citizens - HAVE NO RIGHTS.  They have NO CLAIM on our resources.  Round them up and send them home.
But be aware that doing so will, in fact, have ramifications.  Be prepared to pay more for your onions, because that farmer mentioned in previous posts is going to have to pay a bunch more to hire Americans to pick his crops.  Expect to pay more for beef, because here in Iowa, the meatpackers are going to have to pay more to get those steers to the stores.

Those costs might be offset by not having to subsidize their paychecks with foodstamps, and not having them overburden the healthcare system and the schools.

Just some ramblings to think about......
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|pward76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146687316 -->

beerchug.gif

+all the points i have to give...I am getting so tired of hearing about it all on TV...I have had to resort to watching cartoons because every channel is playing that protest.

Is that the illegals fault for the government not doing it's job? I think that our government has the power to regulate and patrol our borders more closely than it is, but instead it does what? Let the citizens of our Nation handle the issue instead of the right appropriate personell or departments handle it? Or just build a half-ass steel curtain along the border and that's going to take care of things? With all the technollogy that's available to us, our government is not going to take advantage of it?
No disrespect to any of our service men, past or present As I really do respect and appreciate to what you all have contributed for the advacement of  our great nation but...
How come we could spend billions upon billions on a war, and take a risk at getting our service men and women killed? Was it for our freedom, or was it for the Iraquis freedom? Was it right for us to be there in the first place? Our government, from what I interpreted, could'nt give us straight answer as to why we are war. Was it WMD's, was it an allegiance Al-Quida? WTF??? The borders should have been extremely patrolled during the post 9-11...
Ok, I'm done with this, everyone, by all means correct me if I'm wrong...
To answer the question about fault. Who's fault would it be if if someone stole your bike out of the garage because you forgot to lock it? Yours or the theif?

To answer your question about the war. It was to preserve our national security. And we're doing a bang up job on that, thanks to our service men/women:
1) Bin Laden is in a cave somewhere and it takes him a month to get a message out.
2) We've killed 1000's of potential terrorists (the guys that are coming from the other countries around iraq to die for their cause. Those are the ones that need a good killing). I had to smile when I heard how al zawhri(sp) is now changing his tactics from using suicide bombers to using small militia like forces (20men) because our troops are doing such a good job routing out his suicide bombers. This is the bug zapper theory of taking out the enemy. Attract them to the zapper by pissing them off, then kill them. How else would you get these cowardly bastards that only hide in their homes waiting for a moment of opportinity?
3) We've sent a clear message about screwing with us to the entire region. The wrecklessness of how we did it might not have been popular here but how do you think others percive our convictions on the matter now? If I were anything but a religious zelot of a leader, I'd do what I could to prevent my crazya$$ ppl from calling the attention of the american forces to my country. As a leader I'd much prefer to sit in my palace rather than being killed or checked for lice on national TV by foreign soldiers.
4) There is a chance we might sucessfully pull off a democracy in Iraq, thus giving the dirt farmers (aka potential terrorists) a way to better their lives instead of being stuck in a situation that even with any amount of hard work they were unable to get out of (because the previous government would just take whatever they wanted).

Personally I dont care what excuse the gov wants to use, it needed to be done and the ppl behind the decision knew this.

There have been some tactial errors (letting the military go, BTW it wasn't completely stupid because last time we were there they were so glad to give up they wouldnt have fought again. I can see what might have given them the idea that letting the military go wasnt that bad of a plan, but in this case they were wrong.) but most of the critizisims are johnny come latelys with the advantage of already knowing what happend. Most of these brillant thinkers were curiously silent at the time the decisions were made.

My question to these ppl right now are: 1) when will Iran have nukes and when 2) what should we do about it? Tick, tock.

I feel the same as most of the posters here.  Come to America legally, become a citizen, learn english, contribute.  But for me, it isn't necesarily a cut and dried deal.

It is interesting to think about my ancestor's introduction to this country.  I claim Ireland as my land of ancestry, although there is some England and Scotland and France in there as well.  My paternal Grandfather was 100% Irish.  They struggled mightily, that their progeny would have an equal footing here.  But they did it legally (mostly - research the gangs of New York).  

Do I celebrate St. Patricks day? You bet.  Did I give all of my kids Irish names?  Absolutley.  It's one thing to be proud of one's heritage.

It's another to demand that you be accomodated in your native tongue in a foreign land, to claim benefits to which you are not entitled, especially those for which you do not pay.  Isn't this how we got the name "Ugly Americans"?  Travelling abroad, and expecting to have everything in English, and just the way it was back home?

Do I fly an Irish flag?  Nope - I'm an American.  Sing the anthem in gaelic?  Nope - I'm an American.  Drink warm beer?  Oh. Hell. No.  I'm an American.  
beerchug.gif

People brought to this country against their will have the right to protest.  Decendants of those people have the right to be resentful, along with the rights that citizenship brings.

People that come here voluntarily, and do not become legal citizens - HAVE NO RIGHTS.  They have NO CLAIM on our resources.  Round them up and send them home.
But be aware that doing so will, in fact, have ramifications.  Be prepared to pay more for your onions, because that farmer mentioned in previous posts is going to have to pay a bunch more to hire Americans to pick his crops.  Expect to pay more for beef, because here in Iowa, the meatpackers are going to have to pay more to get those steers to the stores.

Those costs might be offset by not having to subsidize their paychecks with foodstamps, and not having them overburden the healthcare system and the schools.

beerchug.gif
+1.

I'm more than happy to pay more for my onions when I have 11+ million LEGAL ppl paying thier share of the taxes. Pretty sure that would more than offset the extra $2-3 for onions,lettuce, whatever.

beerchug.gif

I feel the same as most of the posters here. Come to America legally, become a citizen, learn english, contribute. But for me, it isn't necesarily a cut and dried deal.

It is interesting to think about my ancestor's introduction to this country. I claim Ireland as my land of ancestry, although there is some England and Scotland and France in there as well. My paternal Grandfather was 100% Irish. They struggled mightily, that their progeny would have an equal footing here. But they did it legally (mostly - research the gangs of New York).

Do I celebrate St. Patricks day? You bet. Did I give all of my kids Irish names? Absolutley. It's one thing to be proud of one's heritage.

It's another to demand that you be accomodated in your native tongue in a foreign land, to claim benefits to which you are not entitled, especially those for which you do not pay. Isn't this how we got the name "Ugly Americans"? Travelling abroad, and expecting to have everything in English, and just the way it was back home?

Do I fly an Irish flag? Nope - I'm an American. Sing the anthem in gaelic? Nope - I'm an American. Drink warm beer? Oh. Hell. No. I'm an American.
beerchug.gif

People brought to this country against their will have the right to protest. Decendants of those people have the right to be resentful, along with the rights that citizenship brings.

People that come here voluntarily, and do not become legal citizens - HAVE NO RIGHTS. They have NO CLAIM on our resources. Round them up and send them home.
But be aware that doing so will, in fact, have ramifications. Be prepared to pay more for your onions, because that farmer mentioned in previous posts is going to have to pay a bunch more to hire Americans to pick his crops. Expect to pay more for beef, because here in Iowa, the meatpackers are going to have to pay more to get those steers to the stores.

beerchug.gif
+1.

I'm more than happy to pay more for my onions when I have 11+ million LEGAL ppl paying thier share of the taxes. Pretty sure that would more than offset the extra $2-3 for onions,lettuce, whatever.
Agreed and well said.

I can't help but to think that the price of an onion, beef, even toilet paper going up can only be good for the economy over all. We once again employ our citizens who pay their taxes (and have taxes deducted at a higher wage), formerly competitive markets regain their competitive climate - which is always good, and the systems that are aiding illegals today can have funding slowly recouped into other areas both here and abroad.

I wonder how much we've spent as a nation over the last 10 years to print, advertise/market, teach, and speak spanish to accomodate these people...

Today's Zen moment:
Why must I push One on a touch tone phone to hear my options in English?!

beerchug.gif

Back