Skin Color under the Helmet

Let's hear it boys, what have you all been denied. Who has treated you so badly?
Why are you even injecting the word "denied" in this subject.  I don't believe anyone of us expects a "free hand out" based the tone of our skin, the slant of our eyes, or the kink (or lack of) in our hair.  White, Black, Yellow, Red, Brown, or what have you.

Is that really what you think, dude?  That whenever there's a racial discrimination that the victims are expecting a "free hand out" in restitute?  I worked hard for what I have, which is not as much as others, but which should be more than others too.  Just like anyone should.  So don't belittle this subject into a matter of "free hand outs".

Didn't read some of my earlier post on either page 2 or 3 about my last visit to the Bike Show in Long Beach CA?  Granted, being Asian, I may not have to personally endure as much "financially impacting" discrimination or as much "criminally accusation" discrimination as the black guy or the Mexican guy so I can't speak on that respect.  But what do you think about mockery?  Or the sneering comments?  Especially during the younger years?

How can you ever experience it yourself?  So how can you speak to that front?  All you can assume is that all the minorities are lined up for "free hand outs"
rock.gif

Hollywood has done plenty of damages, as someone already pointed out.  But there are a few good movies that may help put it in a slightly different light.  Of coarse this is no substitue for experience, but talk a look at:

Hollywood Shuffle: mockery of actual stereotypical roles that the black actors have to play to make it in show business.

Malibu's Most Wanted: for fun.  But notice the slight role reversal of the two well spoken Shakespearean black actor paid to play thugs.

American X:  A movie about the making and unmaking of a racist?  Notice when they attacked the local Korean owned supermarket.  Minor part, but what does that say about your theory of "free hand outs"?

Dragon:  Who doesn't know Bruce Lee?  But who really knew how he came to be, what he had to struggle through to make it?  You thought he was a instant sensation here in the US?  Didn't you think he had tried here first but hit the stereotypical brink wall?

And to really flip the pancake:  WHITE MAN'S BURDEN:  Great movie, thought provoking too.  Someone asked that question about trading places.  What if??? Well, this movie did it.  Well known actors, well written script and dialoge.  Wonder why it never did so well?
Well said!

Wow, many things have been said since I last looked at this.
Here's how I see it......
There is absolutely no point in trying to explain what it's like to be in the shoes of a person of color. I can no more explain to you what it's like to be black, than a woman can explain what giving birth entails. Sure I can use words and attempt an explanation, but you just gotta have it happen to you to get the full effect. Just by reading the responses posted here, about women, welfare, jobs, education, etc. it should be readily apparent that we are still very much a divided society. When a white person has to ask about "white bike week" or considers himself a member of a minority, simply because he's a white guy post-teen, pre-middle age, there is still a long way to go. When someone uses the whole "it's over, it's history, I don't owe you anything" argument, it is obvious that we still have a long road yet to travel.
Guys, here's my opinion: the system here in this country is set up for middle class white males to succeed. That is why in the positions of powerin this country, both financial and political, that is who is there. If you, the white male could not see this and take advantage of it, that's your own fault. Now you are down here with the rest of us, (minorities, women, poor folk) trying to find a way up. I think it's funny that you complain about us finding a way to better ourselves, as if that comes at your expese. You had your opportunity, squandered it, now get out of my way. If you feel disenfranchised and forgotten, left behind and rejected, welcome to my world. The difference is you were supposed to succeed and somehow managed to fail, I was supposed to fail, but I refuse. Don't cry to me about all the tools I have at my disposal, they still don't put me where you were before you failed. It seems some people think that racism will always exist, it's a learned behavior, so it doesn't have to. My sons will not be racist, if someone beats one of them out for something, race, game, scholarship, girl, whatever, it will be because they got beat by a better peson, not because of race. Both my step-son (all white) and my son (1/4 black) have bigots and racists in their families, but that is not an acceptable way of doing things in our house, people that hold those kinds of belief are not welcome in our home.
I wanted to add one more movie to the list:
Rosewood. If you have any questions about the effects of racism, this will just about cover them. Oh yeah, it's a true story......

black slave masters of the south how about them they knew how to work their own YES blacks were better at slavery than whites were, they knew how to make slaves work.
That's called "divide and conquer" it worked then and it's working now.  

I do agree with you about the Native Americans however, it's not about black and white as we sometimes try to make it (myself included at times).  Still trying to wander how a man, named something Columbus" can find a country already inhabited.  Oh well, something else for the "history" books.
He would not have found it, had it not been for a woman, who gave him the funding and all. No one else would find the expadition.

think of this, the movie white men can't jump? What if it was black men can't swim? never happen it would be construded as racist yet one is ok the other is racist.

Wow, many things have been said since I last looked at this.
Here's how I see it......
There is absolutely no point in trying to explain what it's like to be in the shoes of a person of color. I can no more explain to you what it's like to be black, than a woman can explain what giving birth entails. Sure I can use words and attempt an explanation, but you just gotta have it happen to you to get the full effect. Just by reading the responses posted here, about women, welfare, jobs, education, etc. it should be readily apparent that we are still very much a divided society. When a white person has to ask about "white bike week" or considers himself a member of a minority, simply because he's a white guy post-teen, pre-middle age, there is still a long way to go. When someone uses the whole "it's over, it's history, I don't owe you anything" argument, it is obvious that we still have a long road yet to travel.
Guys, here's my opinion: the system here in this country is set up for middle class white males to succeed. That is why in the positions of powerin this country, both financial and political, that is who is there. If you, the white male could not see this and take advantage of it, that's your own fault. Now you are down here with the rest of us, (minorities, women, poor folk) trying to find a way up. I think it's funny that you complain about us finding a way to better ourselves, as if that comes at your expese. You had your opportunity, squandered it, now get out of my way. If you feel disenfranchised and forgotten, left behind and rejected, welcome to my world. The difference is you were supposed to succeed and somehow managed to fail, I was supposed to fail, but I refuse. Don't cry to me about all the tools I have at my disposal, they still don't put me where you were before you failed. It seems some people think that racism will always exist, it's a learned behavior, so it doesn't have to. My sons will not be racist, if someone beats one of them out for something, race, game, scholarship, girl, whatever, it will be because they got beat by a better peson, not because of race. Both my step-son (all white) and my son (1/4 black) have bigots and racists in their families, but that is not an acceptable way of doing things in our house, people that hold those kinds of belief are not welcome in our home.
I wanted to add one more movie to the list:
Rosewood. If you have any questions about the effects of racism, this will just about cover them. Oh yeah, it's a true story......
Could not have been said better Mr. Brown.

Hey alot of poverty is not of racism but sheer laziness, watch all the moron people in HS partying ect... While I worked full time. But I wanted my bike, modifications to it pipes ect... plus help parents out as well. Now I am truely well off. I worked for it I did not take wealfare to get their or kiss someones a$$, nor ever will I earned it all and let me tell you was not easy either. Having a rep of a space cadet, geek, freak... ect... getting 99% tile on every thing, screwing the bell curve cause I got 100, and then answered the 20 point bonus question making it a 120. See how that is when you got duma$$e$ who never studied. As well as get your a$$ whipped cause of it. Also go in for tests that take 3 hours and you take just under an hour or just over an hour and you get in the top 1%. Try living in fear when someone see's all A's on a report card and you get 5 to 10 jump you cause your a geek and ruined their chance to pass via a curve. Or stoped cause your driving something better than a cop would ever afford in their entire life and you got it by working hard saving and not partying. SOME PEOPLE choose it I choosed not too and earn something and set myself up for it later in life. I heard it all, if they can why should I have to work and break my a$$ most white people of the 70's about wealfare now theirs way moe whites on it than blacks, But seeing someone pull up to get a wealfare check in furs, bmw, jewels, gold, cell phone in hand is just plain SICKNING, to see section 8 housing and see big screen tv's in it then and now see same but plasma screens in it my last look at plasma screen tv's put them in the 3 to 5K min to 50K... 3K is @ 3/4 of a years rent... Hmmmmmmm, las tI seen bmw's are expensive too. how can one have all that and be poor and live in section 8 housing, here is another, struggling in the 90's main meals were peanut butter, and jelly, balonie and cheese and sometimes no jelly or cheese they were plain, and see someone with food stamps purchase stakes, 8-10 dollar a pound shirmp, also lobster ect... and still have wads of cash for beer and ciggerettes Hmmm if one can afford ciggerettes and beer they can afford to buy food with their own money instead of the middle class having to pay for it via higher taxes. wealfare is a scam. and white and black are guilty of it, and we black white whatever who work hard pay for these scum bags YES SCUMBAGS... their USERS. AND WE ALLOW IT all in the name of RACISM. NO ON WANTS TO SAY IT cause they will be labeled a racists or a biggot for bring it up. Yet these people do not have to work do nothing and they get free this and that yet they have enought for big screen tv's, plasma tv's, gold, bmw's, live for free in section 8 housing, free food such as stuff the upper middle class cannot afford in food. Is it fair. probably cause of the past. Thanks to things like this social security will not be around for anyone born after 1950. had jfk left it alow instead of allowing it to be used on social engineering we would all have a nice retirement fund with no worries but enjoying ourselves. Now we probably will not now.

Also as far as women go, my mom did pretty well for herself. And made a statement to the effect she did not need anyone to help her out. She was capable of earning more than a man could in her field and at th same time after 25 years of being out of HS went back and got her degree and worked full time as well, and raised 2-3 kids. 2 teenagers and a newborn at the time she went to college, and trust me me and my brother as teenagers were just that teenagers LOL!!!

Hey alot of poverty is not of racism but sheer laziness, watch all the moron people in HS partying ect... While I worked full time. But I wanted my bike, modifications to it pipes ect... plus help parents out as well. Now I am truely well off. I worked for it I did not take wealfare to get their or kiss someones a$$, nor ever will I earned it all and let me tell you was not easy either. Having a rep of a space cadet, geek, freak... ect... getting 99% tile on every thing, screwing the bell curve cause I got 100, and then answered the 20 point bonus question making it a 120. See how that is when you got duma$$e$ who never studied. As well as get your a$$ whipped cause of it. Also go in for tests that take 3 hours and you take just under an hour or just over an hour and you get in the top 1%. Try living in fear when someone see's all A's on a report card and you get 5 to 10 jump you cause your a geek and ruined their chance to pass via a curve. Or stoped cause your driving something better than a cop would ever afford in their entire life and you got it by working hard saving and not partying. SOME PEOPLE choose it I choosed not too and earn something and set myself up for it later in life. I heard it all, if they can why should I have to work and break my a$$ most white people of the 70's about wealfare now theirs way moe whites on it than blacks, But seeing someone pull up to get a wealfare check in furs, bmw, jewels, gold, cell phone in hand is just plain SICKNING, to see section 8 housing and see big screen tv's in it then and now see same but plasma screens in it my last look at plasma screen tv's put them in the 3 to 5K min to 50K... 3K is @ 3/4 of a years rent... Hmmmmmmm, las tI seen bmw's are expensive too. how can one have all that and be poor and live in section 8 housing, here is another, struggling in the 90's main meals were peanut butter, and jelly, balonie and cheese and sometimes no jelly or cheese they were plain, and see someone with food stamps purchase stakes, 8-10 dollar a pound shirmp, also lobster ect... and still have wads of cash for beer and ciggerettes Hmmm if one can afford ciggerettes and beer they can afford to buy food with their own money instead of the middle class having to pay for it via higher taxes. wealfare is a scam. and white and black are guilty of it, and we black white whatever who work hard pay for these scum bags YES SCUMBAGS... their USERS. AND WE ALLOW IT all in the name of RACISM. NO ON WANTS TO SAY IT cause they will be labeled a racists or a biggot for bring it up. Yet these people do not have to work do nothing and they get free this and that yet they have enought for big screen tv's, plasma tv's, gold, bmw's, live for free in section 8 housing, free food such as stuff the upper middle class cannot afford in food. Is it fair. probably cause of the past. Thanks to things like this social security will not be around for anyone born after 1950. had jfk left it alow instead of allowing it to be used on social engineering we would all have a nice retirement fund with no worries but enjoying ourselves. Now we probably will not now.
Fakk, it's racism when it's only one RACE of people beating the system that troubles you. Doesn't it bother you that big corporations act with impunity when it comes to beating the government out of revenue? Who do you think all the retirees from Enron will have to pay their bills now that someone stole their retirement money? That bothers me just as much as someone living in section 8 housing with a big screen tv. I am just as disgusted with all the white-collar crime as I am with violence. Think on it a while..........

No need to think on it, how about my parents neighbor ex vp of a bank, 12.5 million missing spent 18 months for it and the other got a little more time but still 12.5 missing and we paid for it it is called FDIC. I say slap them all down. It is both fruad to me. I say if they can afford it then they should be kicked out and made to pay their own bills, at same time nail their white collar criminals as well I can see tax breaks for companies but what your talking about is robbery and should be cracked down on. But cause of nafta most will just up and leave and set up in canada or mexico or even offshore. I like flat tax. a few will cheat it, BUT it makes all pay same and gives more to everyone to spend and spend it way they want too. AND YES IT DOES BOTHER ME WITH THESE COMPANIES. What susprises me with all the lawsuits going on against the tabbaco companies, that they have not used NAFTA and moved out of the US. So they can make up the loss in income from the lawsuits by having cheaper labor in mexico ect... Always away to cheat on something.
sad.gif
Or steal from someone else. the scumbags have more rights and we all get shafted.

Perception does not equal reality...

Two thoughts.

Racism is defined as a belief that some races of men are by nature suuperior to others.

We speak of a singular society in general, but we all live in more localized societies, plural. In the same way we can speak of this general spectre of 'racism' generally while overlooking it when it occurs in our own localized society - in other words, when it's us - when we're guilty of racism.

Oh no, you say, everybody knows that racism is white folks acting poorly toward black folks; after all, that's what's pounded into us by the political machine. What then do you call black folks acting poorly toward Korean folks? Or Chinese folks acting poorly toward Japanese folks? Or Arab folks acting poorly toward Persian folks? Or German folks acting poorly toward Italian folks? Or the French acting poorly toward everybody?

This makes the entire world guilty of racism? Or has our perception been skewed... Could it be that racism is such a useful and powerful tool in the hands of politicians that it's been built and fostered in order to separate a society into little societies? So who then, who is really guilty of racism...

Then, do any of you ever wonder if we've been given these distinctions by God to see what we would do with them?

I know it sucks, but I don't see why they insist on making it such a big deal. Take the Bike Week somewhere else. Why continue to give your hard earned money to people that don't appreciate your business? I guess racial tension is needed to have a good time. They did say they have had problems in the past. To me that justifies extra patrols, regardless of race. If you're stupid color, doesn't matter.

I'm surprised no Japanese people have filed a suit for referring to sportbikes as 'rice rockets'. To me that is more blatant discrimination than increasing police officers at an event that is known for trouble.

What then do you call black folks acting poorly toward Korean folks?  Or Chinese folks acting poorly toward Japanese folks?  Or Arab folks acting poorly toward Persian folks?  Or German folks acting poorly toward Italian folks?  Or the French acting poorly toward everybody?
Simple you call it "discrimination", it becomes racism (The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others when there is differentiation simply because of a misguided belief that because I'm black I'm superior to any other race. It's stupid and narrow minded and yes any race can be racist!

However, the history between Germans and Jews and
white america & black america is soooooo sensitive it's always the focal point. But you're right racism exists in many regions & countries.

We're all the same colour, if you peal off our skin!

I don't care what colour someone skin is. I treat them how they treat me! I expext to be treated how I treat others!

The founding father were mainly free thinkers and freemasons why did they go and do a stupid thing like base this country on christian believe system, boy were they stupid huh.... If it is so bad, and were ridding ourselves of it why not cancel out the laws too, they were based on it as well now you have to release all prisioners.... rapists, murderes ect... they were punished by laws based on christiananity aka 10 commandments... better system would have been an eye for an eye/king hamarabi. makes it non religous then were as American law is based on a a religion(christianity) Hmmmm why did those who did not believe in it or would never go into a church ect base a new countries laws on such a bad thing? Cause today in this day in age christianity is a bad thing now. believing in god makes you a right wing nazi, in terms of political correctness.

The founding father were mainly free thinkers and freemasons why did they go and do a stupid thing like base this country on christian believe system, boy were they stupid huh.... If it is so bad, and were ridding ourselves of it why not cancel out the laws too, they were based on it as well now you have to release all prisioners.... rapists, murderes ect... they were punished by laws based on christiananity aka 10 commandments... better system would have been an eye for an eye/king hamarabi. makes it non religous then were as American law is based on a a religion(christianity) Hmmmm why did those who did not believe in it or would never go into a church ect base a new countries laws on such a bad thing? Cause today in this day in age christianity is a bad thing now. believing in god makes you a right wing nazi, in terms of political correctness.
Okay, first of all American law is NOT based on Christianity, or any other religion, the tenents of our and most judicial systems date back to Hammurabi's code which pre-dates Christ by about 1700 years. This country was founded on the reasoning that if I didn't want to practice Christianity, or any other type of religion, I DON'T HAVE TO. If you feel like a nazi because you are a right-wing christian, that's on you. This country was founded on the premise that you don't have to agree with what others do/say/think, but they have just as much right to act the way they want, as you have to object to it.
Bottom line in this country is: If you don't think something is right, don't do it. If you believe abortion is murder, don't go get one. If you think homosexuality is a sin, don't be gay. If you think being on welfare is wrong, go get a job. If you think all the members of a certain race/group of people are bad, don't associate with them. But make no mistake, this is America, and they can do whatever they choose, within the law. I think that the clan are a bunch of idiots, spewing hatred and ignorance, but as long as they don't get physical, they have the right to say whatever they wish to say, to anyone that wants to listen. Do I listen to what they have to say? Of course not, but that doesn't change the fact that they can say it.

You do have to say and think what is politically correct now, free speech is dying. The country founded as a REPUBLIC is now a demacracy. So Much for true freedom. Soon if you think something bad you will end up in jail for a hate crime. If thats so on law then why are we sparing the murderes, giving them more rights than the victums they killed why are we not putting them to death in the same fasion they used on their victums? And theives as well, chop their hands off ect... and so on and so fourth, is that not the hammarabi law? gave up religion just to be on the safe side. no use for it or the nazi label/petafile label either of it.
smile.gif
My kid is 13 and has not seen a church or anything like that, just to be sure he remains safe from labels.

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117524443 -->

Back