Screen name history

Iced

f=12;t=13696;act=ST
Donating Member
Registered
Just curious about the history behind peoples screen names. How you came to choose it, why, do you use it elsewhere etc?

Hope this wasn't asked, i did do a quick search and didn't see anything..
smile.gif

I've been using this name since university in 1990. I chose Ice in some online game back then but it was already taken so I made it Iced. I've just been using it ever since whenever its not taken.

Well I Was out buying a ZX-12.  I took it out for a trial run and did not like it at all.  just did not fill right.  dealer gave me a hassle when I sad no. "You said you were going to buy this bike after you test rode it.  "Yes I did and the test did not pass my standards.".  "I think I am going to buy a HayaBusa.   The dealer said,  "Well if you want to buy some old technology go ahead you will be sorry I am sad to say."  I went back after I bought the Busa and they would not run me even stock.  Just moved their head side to side.  Met some other guys on new zx-12's tossing words  about old Technlogy (dealer words passed on I guess) beat 3 of them.  one thing let to another until Ninja Eater became my name.  Now it is Ninja Eater
<marquee><span style='color:limegreen'><span style='font-family:papyrus'>Rider of the Green Dragon..</marquee></span></span>
Thought I would take the bike to the next step.  Green is my favorite color. I have made sure that I stay ahead of almost all zx-12's.
biggrin.gif
Oh i am sure thee is an anti-Ninja eater out there lurking that has over 310hp.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080663115 -->

got my busa....

thought it was insanely fast...

joined the boards... fstbusa
wink.gif

...VaBusa wasn't already taken when I signed up...Nothing glamorous about it...no cool story or hidden meaning...
smile.gif

Good question though...there are a few I haven't figured out yet...
rock.gif

I kept thinking and thinking about a name, so I decided to go with the obvious.
tounge.gif

Actually, I have always been partial to Rodin's sculpture and how it represents a balance between mind, body and soul.

My nickname is Rip, but it is overused...

So, I am an Oracle DBA type guru guy...

And, my favorite character is the Oracle in the Matrix...

And, all my friends come to me for advice... Devine advice, if ya know what I mean...
tounge.gif

So, the oracle it is...

My avatar says, "SHINTAKU" which is Japanese for devine message or Oracle.

And, the Temet Nosce (which is also the namesake of our racing team) is latin for, "know thyself." The latin term came from the matrix in the Oracle kitchen.

I hope that clears a little bit up...

cool.gif

-Vaughn

Way back in the day (1994-96) when UUNet was just UUNet, we loved our company so much we called everything UU(whatever) - (mainly cause the stock or nice bonus's bought it for us) Anyhow, I'm trying to keep the spirit alive...for myself since are parent company hates us...haahaahaa
cool.gif

my first passion was snowmobiles. I've been a "sledhead" since the 5th grade. For all you folks that think they are just little toys....look me up and we'll go for a scoot. Bring a change of undies!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

PACIFICBUSA - Universal synonym for greatness and unmatchable riding prowess.

Heheh...actually, I chose it since I'm out here in the Pacific Ocean, and one of only 5 Hayabusas on the island. Out of the five, only two are 99s...mine and another rider, who has been a ghost.

Besides the busa I have a FLHTCUI harley. Have used flrider for many years now.

Back