Scorpion Helmets

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
rock.gif
Well, I've used a Scorpion EXO 700 for a couple of years now and "for the money" it's a pretty good helmet. I've been particularly impressed with their no-fog shields (which really work!) and I've been watching their progress in introducing their new model, the EXO 1000. The 1000 has an inner sun shield that you can flip down (like a fighter pilot helmet) or flip up out of the way as lighting conditions dictate.

However, today I had the opportunity to visit Metro Motorsports here in Glendale, AZ (I think that's the place on Bell Rd) and try on the new Scorpion 1000. As usual I found the Scorpion quality was pretty darn good, fit was excellent but there was a HUGH problem. When I flipped the inner sunshield down... it was not even close to being optically correct. It was wavy no matter how you looked through it. The salesman looked through it and agreed that wasn't good. We looked through every EXO 1000 helmet they had in stock and every single one of them had bad inner sunshields.

Now I'm wondering if they had some sort of protective cover on that shield that should be removed? I need to contact Scorpion to find out, surly they didn't introduce helmets with such obvious flaws! Anyone else have any input?
rock.gif

rock.gif

2 words:
Photochromic Shield

I have one on my Scorpion and have no complaints. I wish it got a tad bit darker but it gets dark enough to satisfy me.

sorry to bud in but, While were on the subject of scorpion helmets does anyone have the exo 400? if so how do you like it is it quiet?I never looked through the tinted flip down sheild on the 1000, but I'll have to try it.

I picked up the photosensistive shield at Daytona last year and love it, but I too wish it were a tad bit darker... But hey I can ride at night without having to swap a shield and see fine...
thumb_up.gif

Back