Scorpion Helmets/ Opinions???

There was a place in CA 2 weeks ago w/ them on sale at $379 w/ free shipping but they've since gone back to retail. There's 2 on fleabay right now size L for 349, just gotta keep an open eye as sales don't last too long these days.

Google shopping my friend....it does wonders! :laugh:

Btw- here's the place that had them on sale a couple weeks back, it was just for a few days and I missed out.
http://www.jazzygearsports.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=akuma_phantom
Bookmark them, they might put them back on sale again, who knows.

Last edited:
Here's the deal:
The 700 saved my friends life...

My 1st helmet was a 700, extremely little wind noise compared to an Icon and Shoei.
The visor never fogged up on me like the Shoei's do. However it's alil on the heavy side.
Great helmet in my honest opinion.

I have 2 Exo (400 )both are lighter than the 700 but still great quality and same standards than those pricey buckets (shoei,etc).Had an Icon and it cracked(shell) literally in a minor low side accident on my ZX14 from that moment went back to scorpion.They have new ones coming out right now I just ordered the exoskull bucket from STG great price. :thumbsup:

i bought a scorpion exo700 "Fury"....several years back...loved it at first (namely for whatcha got for your $199)...however...the love affair was short lived...first i began to notice extreme neck strain/fatigue at anything upwards of a buck20...then?...a few months later?....the scary thing happened...right at the thinnist part of the hinge?...my visor cracked at the strain of 180+...heard a loud "CRACK!" inside my lid...thought i got shot by a road pebble off my leading riding buds rear tire but upon arriving home?...and setting my lid on the shelf and shutting the visor?...i turn to step away and hear this hauntingly familiar "crack" as i froze in my steps and turned to see my "just shut" visor slightly open on one side...and upon closer inspection?....i realized that my visor hinge had actually cracked in 1/2 at 180+....which is why i now own a very expensive shoei x11...oh i still wear my exo on a daily bases as a "going to work lid"...(to save that beautiful hand painted x11)...buy that's about all the duty i would ever trust out of scorpion lids anymore...but they ain't even anywhere's near safe if you ride your busa anywhere's near it's full potential...jmho and?...l8r, bill. :cool:

are the 700s really that heavy? glad i got a 400 then. and how does a shield crack just from the wind of a highspeed run? something doesnt make since with that statement. musta already been cracked cause you exsert more force opening the visor than the wind would at even 200mph.
Posted via Mobile Device

and how does a shield crack just from the wind of a highspeed run? something doesnt make since with that statement. musta already been cracked cause you exsert more force opening the visor than the wind would at even 200mph.
Posted via Mobile Device

honest answer?...i really don't know and without some seriouse test equipment i'd be impossible to prove (which is why i didn't persue the matter with scorpion exo) but i do know that the lid was not abused in any way and what i personally experienced was seemingly excessive wind pressure (which also leads me to doubt that this lid was designed with any wind tunnel testing) as there was so much wind pressure on my head and neck..certainly enough to deform and stress the visor..which broke at it's weakest/narrowest hinge point...under extreme riding speeds..and conditions...it was sunny and clear but a tad on the breezy/gusty side as i recall......but?...nontheless...i saw enough..and now believe i know better...all lids are not created equal.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

honest answer?...i really don't know and without some seriouse test equipment i'd be impossible to prove (which is why i didn't persue the matter with scorpion exo) but i do know that the lid was not abused in any way and what i personally experienced was seemingly excessive wind pressure (which also leads me to doubt that this lid was designed with any wind tunnel testing) as there was so much wind pressure on my head and neck..certainly enough to deform and stress the visor..which broke at it's weakest/narrowest hinge point...under extreme riding speeds..and conditions...it was sunny and clear but a tad on the breezy/gusty side as i recall......but?...nontheless...i saw enough..and now believe i know better...all lids are not created equal.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

sounds like you got a defective unit then.....important to note that every company makes them.....even the more expensive lids have defect stories all over the net(and this forum for that matter). If we all judged an entire company by one defective product then there wouldnt be any helmets sold from any company.:cheers:
Posted via Mobile Device

Excellent feedback, found all your comments very informative. I think all helmets have their own issues, comes down to personal preference in a lot of cases. I have had my HJC for a number of years now but looking for something different, like the EXO 1000 for it's flip down sun shade.

I have the 1000 and I like it a lot. PM Paulie1300 for an awesome price.

I have the 1000 and I like it a lot. PM Paulie1300 for an awesome price.

I'd really love to have one of those. Love the sunshade as changing visors if it gets dark while riding sucks! Just not to sure about those air bladder cheek pads. I'm remembering back in the Reebok pump days how they used to blow out,lol. I wish scorpion would make that same helmet with just the regular cheek pads for a little bit lesser price....I'd be all over that!:thumbsup:

I forget which model number my Scorpion bears...anyhow, it's the hi-vis yellow, and I LOVE it. I am convinced that the color is the safest out there due to its visibility to cagers. The helmet itself seems to run a bit on the narrow side, but fits my head just fine. The face shield is only anti-fog if the temperature is above 50 degrees. Below that, and you get fog. A lot below: a lot of fog.
I would buy it again. Pic below.
CW

Jacket_helmet.JPG

Helmet_and_jacket.JPG

Last edited:
I use the "scotts anitfog" on all my helmets. Me and my oldest daughter both have exo400s and my wife has a HJC type0. Youngest daughter doesnt have one but she doesnt go on public roads with me anyhow, just around the trailer court from time to time and she wears wifeys helmet for that.

I had my Scorpion since 2004, like it more than my HJC carbon fiber,which I got in 2007. The Scorpion fits a lot better than my HJC.. Now in 2005 I crashed with the Scorpion on and did not know I struck the left side of the helmet on the ground until i took the helmet off and saw the scratch marks from tumbling and sliding.. The HJC carbon fiber feels lighter but the Scorpion fits better on me.. At speeds above 130. The Scorpion was more stable than my HJC, by far...

Last edited:
I have two scorpion ex400s and love them was at a trackday and my friends helmet was fogging up but mine was clear, love the anti fog sheild.

I'd really love to have one of those. Love the sunshade as changing visors if it gets dark while riding sucks! Just not to sure about those air bladder cheek pads. I'm remembering back in the Reebok pump days how they used to blow out,lol. I wish scorpion would make that same helmet with just the regular cheek pads for a little bit lesser price....I'd be all over that!:thumbsup:

I kinda like pump action a few pushes an it reduces noise lvl too:laugh:

Back