help me pick a lid

I have the HJC and i like it i bought another one after my crash because the old one did its job and Hal(GSXCITE)also knows first hand might want to pm him for the picture he took out street sign with his and held up and mine is rashed from top to the chin and still looks good
thumb_up.gif
goodluck on whatever you deside man

I didn't like the scorpion. The visor when pulled down has a line in the feild of my veiw, and the way the light goes into the bottom. Try one before you buy it!!! That is what turned me off from buying one!!!!!

Have you tried them both on....?

Just wondering because neither fit my head worth a darn. Seems like Suomy, Shoei, and Arai fit me MUCH better...
beerchug.gif

Try on a bunch of helmets. If you get one that doesn't fit yer bean, yer gonna be hatin' life. Don't one single feature be your deciding factor, either. Fit and feel if FAR more important that whether you have a cool visor or a flashy paint job. Buy some sunglasses and an airbrush if you want but definitely buy for fit first.

--Wag--

This funny, I looked at both of these this weekend.  I am leaning towards the Exo-1000.  The Scorpion is DOT and Snell rated, while the HJC is only DOT.  The Scorpion costs about $50 more, but it does have the pump up cheek pads for a custom fit.

The integrated shade is easier to use on the HJC.

The visor on the Exo is anti-fog, dunno about the HJC.

The Exo is supposed to be a little quieter than the HJC.  Most hi-flow helmets aren't quiet tho, so neither of these are as quiet as they could be.

There are supposedly pockets in the HJC for comm systems.

Exo:
Helmetharbor.com Domain Gone

FS:
Helmetharbor.com Domain Gone

I didn't buy yet, but I think I settled on the Exo.

Warning, the EXO is heavy. Somewhere close to 4.6 pounds as I recall. I almost bought one but ended up going with a Shark RSI because it was so much lighter.

My 2 cents...

Have thought about getting the HJC, but not tried either of them on. I like the idea, but its worth it or not.

Rubber2burn has the Scorpion & loves it. I tried it & just doesn't fit me. Try them all on 1st.

lurk.gif
I've been wanting one of these also. I hate changing my visors from tinted to clear.

Back