Gotta buy a new bucket - any recommendations

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok,
Got the bike but now I have to buy a new helmet, still have jacket and boots from the last Busa. Any recommendations. I like the design of the Scorpion exo-1000 and the ratings I have found seem to be very good for that lid. Thanks in advance.

Don

The exo-1000 is a heavy helmet (4lbs). I would recommended something lighter. See my other post about helmets. I'm also going to be buying a new helmet and am pretty sure I'm getting the Bell RC-1. The Shoei Qwest is decent too. For helmet weights and reviews go to webBikeWorld

HJC RPS-10 worth a look.
Bell, Shoei, and Arai all have some nice lids right now. All different price points.

I like the really expensive, light, serviceable, great air flowing ones.........:whistle:

I bought an Akuma Phantom II about a year ago and love it. I will own one of these helmets for the rest of my riding life. Some people do not care for it, but the fact that it is one of the lightest helmets out there, and the auto dimming screen makes it my choice by far.

Arai RX-Q. Arai is all about fitment. The RX-Q fits my melon well. They have different shapes depending in model.

Arai is also very quite in relationship to the air they move through the helment. I have a HJC that moves very little air to my head but sounds like a freight train on the inside.

shoei guy here, ive tried a couple other brands and find myself goin back to them. check cycle gear there in tulsa and compacc.com. they both have killer deals from time to time.

Going to buy a bucket tomorrow. Had a shoei for a long time, but I didn't like the fact that the inside didn't come out for cleaning.

Going to buy a bucket tomorrow. Had a shoei for a long time, but I didn't like the fact that the inside didn't come out for cleaning.

i havent got to wear mine engough to get it dirty enough to clean, but i know some of the inside pads come off the rf1000 series. i had an 800 back in the day and i dont think any of it was removable.

btw if you just need one to ride around with i have an icon and a hjc id let go real cheap.

I am not picking up the bike till the first week in May. Paid for half the bike yesterday.
I am going to cycle gear tomorrow. Buying a new bucket and gloves. Have my old jacket and boots. Looking at the Scorpion exo-1000 for a choice. We'll see, I will post up pics after I get one.

Don

I ordered Shoei RF-1000 in white busa badging for 199.00 late last year. I love the newer version of this helmet, fits me like a glove, is light, and flows good air. This is the reason I purchased the white k9, already had the helmet just needed the bike to match. :laugh:

for me SNELL rating is a must.

I think I'm going with an Arai next. Currently have a Icon, Bell, Scorpion and Shoie. Listed in order of quality imo.

Shoei made a matching silver and grey Busa Rf1000 for your bike.
Look on ebay youll find one for around same as TwoTone mentioned.
Don't get an rf1100 , I had one and it was too noisy.

Shoei X-11. You can find them clearanced out for around 300.00 throught Freedom cycle in Grandview Mo. They're on Ebay!

i really like my scorpion!

pics nov 2010 037.jpg

pics nov 2010 612.jpg

Made a decision and placed an order. Order an EXO-1000 Sublime Silver. Should be here in 5-7 days, will post pics then.

Don

Back