show your riding jacket

nickxxxr

Registered
ok so im in the market for a new jacket. i have a black cortech denim that i use but with the summer coming its just too damn hot and heavy. i have a full set of leathers which i dont wear during cruisng. looking for a nice cool armored jacket for cruising. im also into obnoxious styles when it comes to jackets and helmets. like to been seen without making my bike look retarded. i have a scorpion exo 400 skull bucket in black/white that ill be wearing with the jacket for now. so lets see what you rock. cant seem to find any that interest me enough to purchase. looking to buy by this weekend.

:whistle:

I have a speed and strength mesh jacket w/ armor. Comes with full waterproof liner. I got it for like 80 bucks. Motorcycle superstore. Fits good I like it.

Rockethed using Tapatalk

Jacket4.jpg

L-R: Autumn/Spring, Winter, Summer.

Nick, if you haven't checked out the Joe Rocket UFO or UFO 2.0 mesh jackets, you ought to.

http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/index.cfm/236/116/Textile_Jackets/UFO_Jacket

http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/index.cfm/236/387/Textile_Jackets/UFO_2.0_[mesh]

I have a speed and strength mesh jacket w/ armor. Comes with full waterproof liner. I got it for like 80 bucks. Motorcycle superstore. Fits good I like it.

Rockethed using Tapatalk

meshwould be good for me for summer. i sweat alot... how how is it with that liner in there to stay dry? like a hot rainy sucky day, would i be sweating my xxx off? gotta look them up.

hmm joe rocket would be a first for me. never used there products. they look good. ill keep them in mind. thanks alot

meshwould be good for me for summer. i sweat alot... how how is it with that liner in there to stay dry? like a hot rainy sucky day, would i be sweating my xxx off? gotta look them up.

Yeah, got pretty hot. Kinda like wearing a garbage bag lol. Guess I should have left the liner out and just let the rain get me wet, I was wet from sweat anyway :whistle: :laugh:

Rockethed using Tapatalk

Joe Rocket Sonic 2.0 for me. Full leather with removable panels for vent in summer. Also has zipper to attach pants also. Lost 40+ lbs so now its too big for me.. awesome jacket though!

yeah thats what i figured. lol. so personal opinion guys, what would be better a textile or mesh? would like to stay dry when i need to be(removeable is ok) but my biggest concern is staying cool during the summertime. i need to be protected tho, no running around in a t-shirt, even if i want to. i would like the benefit of a REALLY light liner, so for them cooler nights, kind of like hoodie type warmth. like i said i got the cortech for cold days need something for hot. i know im asking alot, but i always stuck with my cortech or race jacket and dealt with sweating, so this stuff is kinda sorta new to me.

found an icon mesh that i really like. alot. but of course its old design and out of stock everywhere...

Tour Master and Joe Rocket... almost exclusively - Tour Master winter, foul weather and longer multi day riding - Joe Rocket sportbike, summer, day rides.

My favorite jacket "best all around, most flexible and most durable" Tour Master Epic... own one in black and hi vis green... Can you find me in the picture?

600_19895272.jpe

Bonus pics I took from same outing Harpers Ferry, W. Va.

600_19893334.jpe

600_19893329.jpe

600_19893376.jpe

yeah thats what i figured. lol. so personal opinion guys, what would be better a textile or mesh? would like to stay dry when i need to be(removeable is ok) but my biggest concern is staying cool during the summertime.

Mesh is a textile.

In any case, the Joe Rocket jackets have an inner liner that is windproof/waterproof, but you can just unzip it, roll it up and put it away when you don't need it. (I've never, not once, used mine.)

If you're concerned about being caught out in cold/cool weather, I honestly recommend you just wear a thermal shirt underneath whichever jacket you choose. I wear Icebreaker thermals and never, ever get cold.

I have a black and silver AGV leather hayabusa jacket. No pics of it yet, but quite a few on here have one so I'm sure a pic will be on here soon.

ah see i didnt know that. thought it was something between a leather and mesh...:rofl:

not concerned at all actually about being cold. its summer. just curious about inner liners on them things which you answered. thank you very much. also a thermal wrapped up in my hump aint a bad idea either... thanks for that too. anybody else got some mesh jackets they wanna show off? still looking for what i wanna go for. thanks guys

Joe Rocket 2.0 Busa Textile. I really like it, just wish the Kanji wasnt out back.

busajacket.jpg

too lazy to take actual pics of my jackets but here are stock photos off the net. I prefer perforated leather for riding in warmer/hotter temps.

Scorpion Stinger Full PERF Leather (has zip out liner)
white.jpg

ICON Accelerant Full PERF Leather (has zip out liner)
08IconAccelerantJacketBkLG.gif

Alpinestars ATL Semi- PERF Leather (has zip out liner)
2008_Alpinestars_ATL_Leather_Jacket_Black_White.jpg

ICON Motorhead NON-PERF Leather (also have one in black. Has a liner for colder temps)

2009_Icon_Motorhead_Jacket.jpg

Dainese TRIBAL NON-PERF Leather (no pic )

Back