Good helmet for a cheap price

AJAY

Registered
HJC FS-15 helmet at Competition Accessories for $116 shipped.

HJC FS-15 Full-Face Helmet - Closeout Competition Accessories

Definitely a plain-jane design, but high on the safety factor with a composite Spectra/Fiberglass weave shell. Spectra is kind of like Kevlar and is commonly used in bulletproof vests and protection for the under sides of military helicopters (I used to work for the company that invented Spectra). They also make "bomb proof" containers for aircraft cargo bays out of it.

I have several HJC helmets and like them a lot. Nice features. Not a Shoei or Arai, but definitely a nice helmet. All the better for $116.

I only have experience with one helmet, so someone that owns two or three will probably chime in.

I think it really comes down to fit & comfort. Also how well the helmet filters road noise (wind). I have the HJC ISMAX flip up bluetooth helmet, & I love it. I paid about $200 bucks from a local shop, and that's without the bluetooth device. I just made sure that it was DOT approved, which it is.

Try on a few at a bike shop, that has a lot of selections. It's just too bad, you can't take them on a road test, to really feel what your buying.

My helmet probably isn't the greatest in the world; certainly not the priciest. At least, I feel pretty secure with it on. AND, I'm not willing to test it's crash performance. :laugh:

Good luck!

I had a HJC FS-10 and liked it. I had the chance to upgrade a bit and jumped up to an Akuma Phantom II and never looked back. The Akuma is very, very light in weight and has the self tinting windshield. I will probably own a Phantom II for the rest of the time I ride a motorcycle.

Back