Scorpion Helmets/ Opinions???

Ive been running a exo 400 for a 3yrs .. bout time to retire and get a new one. Fits great much more comfy for me compared to the HJC CL14. I wear a xxxL so im limited to certain helmets. I would get another one. :thumbsup:

I kinda like pump action a few pushes an it reduces noise lvl too:laugh:

I've got the optional chin seal on my exo400 so wind noise is non existant for me:thumbsup: I can even talk on the phone while I'm riding at interstate speeds with no problem.

I had my Scorpion since 2004, like it more than my HJC carbon fiber,which I got in 2007. The Scorpion fits a lot better than my HJC.. Now in 2005 I crashed with the Scorpion on and did not know I struck the left side of the helmet on the ground until i took the helmet off and saw the scratch marks from tumbling and sliding.. The HJC carbon fiber feels lighter but the Scorpion fits better on me.. At speeds above 130. The Scorpion was more stable than my HJC, by far...

something else to note when comparing the scorpion to the HJC is that the scorpion have alot more cheek pad(which I like, makes me feel secure). The HJC cheek pads seem to stop about mid cheek on me while the scorpion pads cover my entire cheek. I did however, buy one size smaller cheekpads because the ones that came with my xl scorpion were a little too thick for my fat cheeks. But the ability to swap out for smaller pads for only $15 is also a good "adjustability" feature in my book.:thumbsup:

wow! just found this!
- Scorpion EXO 900 Transformer Helmet Demo[/url] ok, to heck with the 1000! I want a 900! and cheaper too!

Last edited by a moderator:
just watched another vid on that 900. I especially like how you have to pull down on the button to raise the modular front instead of pushing up...that should keep it from poping up accidentally in case of a chin impact! I gotta ask though...how heavy is that helmet?

I found an interesting helmet comparison article on Webikeworld, they have a pretty good writeup with helmet weights on the different manufacturers. Sorry I can't provide a link as I'm computer illiterate.

@ Liltroy.. The padding in the Scorpion held it's form. My Hjc is 2 years old and the padding sucks. The helmet vibrates where as my Scorpion is 5 years old and that helmet is tight to fit and very stable. The Scorpion is a very good helmet.. On those NYC hot summer days I had to remove the aero skirt(chin seal) and Breath-deflector.

@ Liltroy.. The padding in the Scorpion held it's form. My Hjc is 2 years old and the padding sucks. The helmet vibrates where as my Scorpion is 5 years old and that helmet is tight to fit and very stable. The Scorpion is a very good helmet.. On those NYC hot summer days I had to remove the aero skirt(chin seal) and Breath-deflector.

you're preaching to the chior bro, I've been using scorpion for almost two years and I love it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

are the 700s really that heavy? glad i got a 400 then. and how does a shield crack just from the wind of a highspeed run? something doesnt make since with that statement. musta already been cracked cause you exsert more force opening the visor than the wind would at even 200mph.
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually the 700 weighs a few ounces LESS than the 400. Personally if the weight of a 3-lb 13-oz helmet was bothering me, I'd give up motorcycles altogether...the wind pressure above 50 mph might snap my neck! :laugh:

well if that 700 weighs less than my 400, I dont understand what the problem is. I though my 400 was pretty light sompared tto other helmets I've had.Ok, everyone needs to start doing neckrolls! build those neck muscles!:laugh:

when i bought my gsxr the guy included a 700 with it. Not a bad piece imo. I would definetly consider buying another one if I found a color scheme I liked.

I've had a exo700 for the past 3 years no problems at all. Switch visors alot, with no problems, you can remove the liner and wash it.:thumbsup:

I have the exo-700 and I love it. I had the exo400 also and loved it. So far I like the scorpion helmets. I didn't like my HJC one to noisy for me. The icon that I had was also to noisy. I'm stickin with the scorpions for now.

I have probably 10 helmets. HJC , Shoei, Icon and My favorite in the Scorpion I have 400's , 700's , and just bought a used (BUT looks brand new) scorpion 1000 $120.00.. But my favorite is mt 700...

I had an entry level hjc for a couple years, dennis kirk had a closeout sale on suomy bostrom helmet and i snatched one up. Retail was $550, i paid $160. smokin deal!!!!!

I agree with what others have said. don't buy a cheap helmet. find the best helmet you can afford.

Which helmet (any brand under $500) has the most air flow/coolest inside? I am in the market to replace my HJC, and need one with mega airflow. It gets pretty hot and muggy here on Okinawa.

Back