Scorpion helmets

I love my 700
thumb_up.gif

Thanks for the link! Do the face shields really change out as quick as they say?  It's a pain wearing a dark shield and coming out to find it to dark to wear.  Not sure where I would carry a clear one though.
Yep they change in seconds but I never carry an extra.  I wear Rx sunglasses anyway so I use a clear shield.
OK, how hard is it to put the helmet on and the put your glasses on?
Far easier than my HJC CL14 is. Really, my glasses go right in with no problem. I noticed that on my new one they were a bit harder to adjust but that's because its new and the cheek pads haven't gotten used to me yet!

Sounds like you have a modular helmet now. The whole front flips up on a modular. They are not as safe as a normal full face. If you have a frontal impact (high percentage), they tend to collapse and your face is toast, specifically your jaw, mouth, and nose. A cheap full face is better then any modular. I have three modular helmets and used to wear one 100% of the time. Someone pointed that out to me and shortly after that, I went down. Turned my head at the last second to prevent a face plant though. Now I am scared to death of the modulars. Yes, I am just ugly naturally...:)
I was thinking the same thing about modulars. The weak point is at the hinge. It can pass DOT, because DOT doesn't require you to have full face protection.

I'm not that great looking either, but I prefer having a nose and teeth
winkold.gif
I really did like being able to flip the whole front up to cool my face off or to go into a store without taking the whole helmet off.

The new scorpion 1000 has a tinted visor on the inside that flips down. My wife just got one at Road America for $300. warranty for a year on the fog free visor. and only $35 for a new shield. compared to my $85 Arai shield that fogs up in rain.
I looked up the 1000 and it says it has a light smoke tinted visor that comes down inside. How light is light? I want something that is as dark as regular sunshades. I looked at the manufacturers site. They tell me I should go to a dealer, and then they will sell it to me direct for $350.

I really like the idea of an inner visor that pulls up or down.

Thanks for the link! Do the face shields really change out as quick as they say? It's a pain wearing a dark shield and coming out to find it to dark to wear. Not sure where I would carry a clear one though.
Yep they change in seconds but I never carry an extra. I wear Rx sunglasses anyway so I use a clear shield.
My experience with full face helmets is that you can't have glasses on when you put the helmet on, and you can't take it off until you remove your glasses. Otherwise, the helmet will pull the glasses off when you remove it, or pull them off your nose when you put the helmet on.

Is that your experience? I saw some HJC modular helmets for about $300. I'm not familiar with the brand. But unless they have one hell of a pivot hinge, the piece across your chin is going to pop off and if it doesn't knock your teeth in, then the road will. Would you agree?

Also if your head is more oval shaped like mine, your forehead is not going to like it. My wifes got more of a round head and loved it. They didn't have her size at the race so no ride report.
That sucks! My head is definitely oval not round. You think an XXL would push on my forehead or my chin?

Thanks for the link! Do the face shields really change out as quick as they say? It's a pain wearing a dark shield and coming out to find it to dark to wear. Not sure where I would carry a clear one though.
Yep they change in seconds but I never carry an extra. I wear Rx sunglasses anyway so I use a clear shield.
OK, how hard is it to put the helmet on and the put your glasses on?
Far easier than my HJC CL14 is. Really, my glasses go right in with no problem. I noticed that on my new one they were a bit harder to adjust but that's because its new and the cheek pads haven't gotten used to me yet!
Well, that would lead me to a non-modular helmet then. Now someone is telling me that if I have an oval head (true) rather than a round head, I'm not going to like a Scorpion helmet.

i have heard nothing that great about the new scorpion 1000 alot of people i know that have them wish they would have stayed with the 700 they say the 1000 feels like it weighs a ton after riding
Heavy sucks. Mass in motion tends to stay in motion, so if its heavy and you are on a rough road, your head bobs up and down more.

I definitely want a full face helmet. Can't stand the wind in my eyes. Some non bike rider told me that she thought people with no helmet and sunshades looked cool (yeah right). I told her if she wanted to see what that was like, to stick her head out the window of her car at 70 mph.

Take a lil ride up to Bozeman. Closer than Boise. There's a Scorpion dealer there and you can try them on before you order one. I (think) my head is more oval than round and I take an XXL in Scorpion but an XL in an HJC.

CREPITUS pointed out the only complaint I have with my helmets, there should be one more adjustment point in the open position. Have just learned to live with it.Usually only a factor in cooler weather, as in cold!
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

I got the Raider in silver but its sold out now. Great helmet. And yes, that's a helluva price diff just for a paint job!

Scorpions helmets are the bomb! All of my helmets are Scorpion helmets. I have 2 Crackhead helmets and my new lid is the 750 Fast Time. I have the copper Busa and that helmet goes perfect with my bike. It is very light, the sheild never fogs up, and its a great helmet without paying #1000!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back