Anyone got any comments on Scorpion Helmets?

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Just wanted to know if anyone owns one and what they think of them. Or if someone thought of buying one and changed their minds and why?

pic of one I am thinking about: Scorpion exo 700
Fiberglass/Kevlarâ„¢ Matrix Shell: Quiet, aero-tuned design for wind-tunnel tested comfort. EPS-lined chin bar for additional protection. 2. SpeedShiftâ„¢ quick-change shield system (patent pending): Easy, secure tool-less faceshield changes in ten seconds or less. 3. EverClearâ„¢ no-fog faceshield: Optically-correct shield with state-of-the art fog-free technology and anti-scratch hardened coating. 4. KwikWickâ„¢ moisture-wicking helmet liner and cheek pads: Breathable, easily removable and washable. 5. Ventilation system: Adjustable, indexed front and rear vents with aero-tuned rear spoiler reduce lift, create vacuum and maximize airflow through helmet. 6. Breath-deflector: Enhanced fog-free performance. 7. Custom liner and cheek pad kits: Available in hot colors and wild patterns. 8. Snell/DOT Certified

S700_SOLID_DSIL.jpg

Have heard that they run real small. Not so comfortable either. My friend has one and I didn't care for the way that it felt.

I have the crackhead helmet, it was a big improvement over my first HJC but still a little noisy. Just bought a Shoei RF1000 strife and love it.

Scorpian is good for the money, I think I paid right around 200 for my crackhead.

I've used one for two years and love it, especially the quick change shield. Also I like their fog free shields, they will NOT fog period. Maybe not the very best but absolutely the "Best for the buck" IMOH

Love my 700. Fog free shield and good ventilation and a good price. Works well with eye glasses too. Needs a chin curtain or a neck gaiter for winter time but great in the summer.

I own one and it isn't a bad helmet.  They do start out tight and are off a size.  I typically would take an XL but in the Scorpion I take a large.  It took about a month before it got the right fit and you can swap out any of the internal pieces to custom fit it to to your particular noggin.  It has nice features that set it apart and I think for the money they are good values.  They taut the venting system as a real positive.  Its not as good as I had hoped for and tends to be a tad difficult to use while worn and on the road.  The full face is right up against your face.  That has good and bad to it.

Its fairly quiet, not as light as I'd like, and gets hot.  I'd still recommend it for the price for value aspects.  It competes pretty good with helmets that cost a good deal more.

If you have anything other than a small nose, you might find this hard to wear.   It is tight there.

I love mine... They are noisy though... but they are really ventilated. 8 out of 10. I have had shoei, arai, hjc and a few more and I like it just as much but for different reasons.
E.

I love em Have  3 including the crackhead. they are a bit on the heavy side but you can't beat the aor flow and ease of shield changes.

SD532563.JPG

You get what you pay for, there are certainly helmets that will work better, fit better, be lighter and quieter and last longer.

BUT

The wife crashed her scooter while in a Scorpion and it did it's job as advertised, so yeah, what the hell else do you need? At 25MPH anyway it worked just fine.

I will only wear Arai Or maybe my RF1000 though, I trust Arai and to a lesser extent Shoei. Companies that have experience, quality control, The riders best interests in mind, and are NOT made in China by a Shipping company with god only knows what for quality control. Not a Chance.

Misinformation and wildly inaccurate helmet articles in Rags looking for press will have riders wearing toilet bowl covers on their heads, it's a disservice.

I like my EXO700 but had to spoon it pretty hard over my right eyebrow. But I have to do that with all helmets. I think it's a good helmet for $200.
Think my next bucket will be an Arai. A Profile model to be exact, with the "Long Oval" shape I'm hoping to be able to leave the spoons in the cabinet.

Thanks guys, was looking at rf 1000 and Arai too just liked price bertter. How is the windflow over it. My hjc has lots of wind noise and blows all over the place. those are my main concerns. Sounds like it is noiser than Arai?

What HJC do you have ? My CL14 was almost unbearable on the Busa (worked great on my Bandit), noise & wind whipping it around. I got an AC11 and it worked pretty well. I now have the EXO 700 and its very good. Cheek pad area was a little tight at first but after it got broke in some all is good.

(TallTom @ Sep. 16 2007,10:07) I own one and it isn't a bad helmet. They do start out tight and are off a size. I typically would take an XL but in the Scorpion I take a large. It took about a month before it got the right fit and you can swap out any of the internal pieces to custom fit it to to your particular noggin. It has nice features that set it apart and I think for the money they are good values. They taut the venting system as a real positive. Its not as good as I had hoped for and tends to be a tad difficult to use while worn and on the road. The full face is right up against your face. That has good and bad to it.

Its fairly quiet, not as light as I'd like, and gets hot. I'd still recommend it for the price for value aspects. It competes pretty good with helmets that cost a good deal more.

If you have anything other than a small nose, you might find this hard to wear. It is tight there.
Did you mean that you take an XL instead of a large? You are saying they run a size small. I would normally be an XL at least, so do they make an XXL?

It sounds like you think they are short from front to back, that is to say that the shield and chin guard are very close to your face. Am I correct? If so, it would probably ride down on top of glasses and my chin would rub the front.

The price sounds good. Is there something else around this price that might fit better in your opinion?

you really need to try one, and others on. as far as quality...for the price its good.

when i was shopping for a lid i was trying to stay in the $300 range. i had the scorpion exo700 and liked it a lot but i wanted a lighter and better fitting helmet. i ended up getting the arai rx7 corsair which retails for around $500. i went up in price because it was way lighter, annnd most importantly it fit my noggin like a glove.

again, you should try on some helmets.
beerchug.gif

I have the 700 and love it but it may be a tad heavier than some of the others but It suits me fine. The quick change shield and FOG FREE thing are idiot proof...

(Revolution @ Sep. 16 2007,17:44) you really need to try one, and others on. as far as quality...for the price its good.

when i was shopping for a lid i was trying to stay in the $300 range. i had the scorpion exo700 and liked it a lot but i wanted a lighter and better fitting helmet. i ended up getting the arai rx7 corsair which retails for around $500. i went up in price because it was way lighter, annnd most importantly it fit my noggin like a glove.

again, you should try on some helmets.  
beerchug.gif
How much lighter?

I think I am going to go with the RF1000. With group buy it is really good deal right now.

Back