Sad horrific start to the weekend

News- 11 yr old Dezi (not 12 yet) has 2 broken arms, ruptured spleen, extruding collarbone. They had to up the medication for the coma/brain whatever that means, and hope is very little. I can't even imagine the hell the poor little girl went through. She made it through the night, but each minute she continues is a gift at this point.

Sunday 8:00 pm

News update- Desiree seems to be making some progress, drugs may be doing their thing. 48 hours under her belt, every minute still frightening. I am thinking I will pay for a couple nights hotel for Virginia (Mom), or would flowers be a better idea?

If the mom needs help with a room then yeah, getting her a room would be way better than flowers in my opinion....

Thoughts and prayers out to them..

She's in my thoughts...nothing worse than hearing about children in situations such as this...
sad.gif

I'm pulling for her...keep the good news coming...
smile.gif

I'm so sorry to hear about that Bro, My Prayers and thoughts are with the young ones and theire Family...

6:20 pm monday
latest news- they have backed off the meds, while her Mom was standing over Dezi crying, tears started to come from Dezi. While not a huge sign, the Doctors call it recognition, another tiny sign of hope.

Every time I think of this little girl I get a HUGE lump in my throat, have to choke back tears.
The young boy that was driving is facing fines, the girls were both ejected. No seatbelts.

Wednesday 7:30 PM update

Tomorrow Doctors are going to bring Dezy out of the induced coma, she needs surgery on her arms, collarbone, and her eye which has severe damage.
She has been upgraded from critical, tomorrow will tell more.

Still heart breaking, but its been a few days and she is still with us.

Another update:
The 17 yr old was driving, no seatbelts on anyone, they had kittens in the truck, one went on the floor. The driver while on cruise control reached down, headed off the road, over corrected and flipped the truck. Kids were ejected. He was charged for under 16 not in seatbelt.
What a shitty headline- Kitten causes 3 to be hospitalized, almost mortally injures Desiree.

Not to sound heartless here, but .......... you know.

Back