Bout to become a really bad neighbor......

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
Ok I need to vent.

So last summer we had some new neighbors move down the street and we were excited to meet them so we invited them over for a bbq and drinks. Things were going fine for a couple of months and they were super friendly. Well one day we were talking to them and they offered to watch my young daughters for a few hours while me and the wifey went on a motorcycle ride. They have two daughters about the same age so it worked out great. Well we ended up picking them up about an hour late because my friends harley broke down (yea insert harley joke here). Well when we got back we went over apologized and this lady was PISSED because she missed her spin class and would have to go an hour later. So with the stick right up her :moon: ever since then, my girls try to play with theirs and their daughters are completely rude to my kids. This lady gives my wife and kids the dirtiest looks but always waves to me. Well new years day my daughters were outside riding their bikes and asked the neighbor girls if they wanted to play. These little girls started calling my daughters names and talking bad about them and THE MOTHER WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE listening to all this and didn't say anything to her kids. Well i was working that day and the wifey called me so mad and told me she was gonna go knock this b***ch out. I tell her not to and i would take care of it when I got home. Well i get home and go over to talk to her husband and no one was home. Well the next day Im out cleaning my guns in the garage and they are walking down the alley and start acting all nice to me and I completely blow them off. Well later that day my kids are playing outside and my youngest daughter Mia comes in crying saying that the neighbors Mom just yelled at her for riding her bike on the sidewalk in front of her house....Yelling at MY kid for doing something that is completely ok....GAME OVER in my book. I have yet to get the chance to talk to her husband but he is about as bad as her so I am preparing myself for the conversation with the police when I knock his a$$ out.

I can understand being upset with us for being late picking the kids up but it was 6 months ago and they should not be teaching their kids to be rude and to yell at MY children for something I told them to do, no its game over and Im ready let the inner a-hole out completely.

Phew......I needed to get that out

Talk it out with them when you're calm. They're neighbors. You're gonna be seeing a lot of them, like it or not. They may be having an issue with something you're not aware of, and people can be WAY too passive-aggressive in situations like yours. Be courteous and direct and work it out like adults. If you can't agree, disagree peacefully and do what you can to keep your kids separated from them (being nice to people isn't a legal requirement). If they harass your kids on the sidewalk, that petty **** is on them. Repeat the talk it out thing as necessary when you're calm.

My neighbors dog used to **** all over my yard. I talked to them about it a few times. Then I started flinging dog **** on their deck with a shovel before I mowed. I should have probably just put it in a pile on their property, but I felt like making a point and was an ******* about it. They built a fence. We're cordial, but not friendly. It's not always easy to deal with living in close proximity to other people, but fighting and bickering just keeps on escalating and perpetuating itself. Work it out, man.

I use to be young and strong like you.

Now I am old and weak, but with a bit more wisdom. Just ignore their behavior, do the right thing and always greet them with a smile, don't mingle and teach your kids the same thing.

I know that's what the wife says but when it comes to my kids and how other people treat them, it gets me seeing red. Plus they rent so hopefully they will be gone in six months.

Aren’t you guys moving soon anyways? Just go talk to the dad and find out whats going on. Im sure its more than the hour late thing.

You can't control other people actions or thoughts ever.

Be the bigger person and move past it .

and charlie, i doubt its anything else cause once that event happened they stopped talking to us......seriously an hour late

and charlie, i doubt its anything else cause once that event happened they stopped talking to us......seriously an hour late

You said yourself that you were in the garage cleaning guns and they were nice but you blew them off and later they were mean to your daughter. Maybe they are being rude because they think you are being rude, which makes you act rude to them, then them rude to you....and so on. The only thing you can do is go talk to them and ask whats up. If that dont work then your right, they are petty.

When i say blew them off, i still said hi. I didn't like invite them in for a beer or anything. Charlie you gotta understand, I am the first person to introduce myself and be as friendly and cordial as possible. I dont like having issues with people, I like things just to be good. These people have a serious "Holier than thou" complex and if they dont like us thats fine, but don't take it out on my kids who don't know any better and just wanna ride bikes and play with kids their age.

This is just one of the reasons why I bought a home in the country with my own land so no one can bother me when I don't want to be bothered.

Anyway, stay calm and talk to the mother and father about what is going on. Be sure to use language other than "you did this" or "I saw you do this". See if they are upset about anything specific and if they are, try to fix it. If it cannot be fixed or they are mad about being an hour late, just walk away and leave it at that.

Go tell them to lay off your daughters or there will be hell to pay.

I knew I liked ur style. I do plan on talking to the dad in a cordial fashion but if it.keeps up, I got about 15 pounds of dogcrap I could put in a paper bag on their doorstep

This is just one of the reasons why I bought a home in the country with my own land so no one can bother me when I don't want to be bothered.

Anyway, stay calm and talk to the mother and father about what is going on. Be sure to use language other than "you did this" or "I saw you do this". See if they are upset about anything specific and if they are, try to fix it. If it cannot be fixed or they are mad about being an hour late, just walk away and leave it at that.

trust me I wanna get along with all my neighbors, I send out invitations for bbqs and when the kids wanna slumber party all the neighbor kids get an invitation.

Why wait and talk to the husband?
If it happens again, call the police!

I know your bike is LOUD, I see the Brocks in your pic.
Can't you just wake up really early and go for a ride, daily:laugh:

Back