rhino line bike

PONCHO

Donating Member
Registered
so i was thinking of painting the bike flat black when i came up with the idea of getting it done using truck bed liner. i know this will add weight but it would be great if i happen to tip. will it be flexable? how about fading? has ne1 tried this? let me know.

I've seen a few cruisers done in Rhino Liner and it looks pretty cool. It does fade after awhile but it can be applied with UV protector now. It's no less flexible then your fiberglass so I doubt that's an issue.

Neighbor did it on all the plastics on his jeep looks good and works when he does take it off road and its been alittle over a year now and it has not faded any and its parked outside all year long
thumb_up.gif

The concept sounds interesting. However with Rhino Lining / Linex not being a smooth surface - it'll definitely add some 'drag'...

there was a guy here a few years back that picked up a wrecked busa did some rough ass body work , then rhino lined the whole thing looks good , however its like a freshly sanded and primed hot rod , lokks kick ass the first time you see it , wondering what it will look like when finished

I have seen one here that was done like that. The guy did it himself with something out of a spaycan, so it was kinda jacked up but if done professionally it would be sick.
thumb_up.gif

A few guys on a Katana board that I visit have done it. IMHO it looks like chit. I am not a fan of the flat black look either though. Looks like primer to me. It's your bike though.

only be adding about 35-40 lbs to do a busas skins. I'd stick with paint unless yuo are in the habit of knocking your bike over often. LOL

I've used it on my cut down kickstand but I dont think it would look very good on the whole bike though. What are you going to do if you dont like it?
2cents.gif

youngsters....

They used to shoot rubberized paint down the rocker panels of cars and trucks, then paint right over it.. It stopped the paint from chipping from road gravel. And if the gravel did break the paint, it only exposed rubber (no rust)

I was thinking of using this on the bottom of my fairing incase I scrape bottom in the twisty's. Does anyone know if it comes in colors such as red?
Shawn

Yes they come in different colors. It'll add weight to your busa for sure 10-25lbs? You'll need longer fairing screws too. You definitely need the protective coat and they will probably charge you several hundred to do it unless you got the hook up.

my truck has faded and i had some snall peeling issues. i never u.v. treated so i'm sure that would help considerably.

Back