Starting a paint project on the '02

I've seen entire trucks done with it.. inexpensive and not really heavy.

but SHWELL did you put that on a perfect set of blue/black plastics??!!

You've got to do the frame and swingarm!!
wow.gif

SHWELL you seem to be recovering well from that pretty serious surgery, are the headaches and numbness gone?
also I cant wait to see pics of your project all put together
spounds like a great idea especially if you have damaged plastics.

Shwell you are doin this to already rashed plastic for your track bike right? That Busa is just to pretty to RL. Hoping for a speedy recovery, Grab.

Almost done..
Imagestation.com closed, link removed

Awesome... Stealth look! Did you do it yourself? Where I can buy this? Is normal spray gun OK with that polyuretane coating?

I love it. I'm into the steath look myself. I was never happier than the day I got rid of the stock aluminum cans and put the new black ones on. The first thing I did was drill out the rivets and remove the D&D badges on the cans. I hate labels and decals. I still have to get the Suzuki lettering sanded off of the tank and then repaint it straight black.

Nice job on your project. Speedy recovery on the surgery. I had to operations last year and spent 7 months on crutches and in a wheel chair. Sucks to be down.

Thank you for all the support guys.. Spent the whole day in the ER, I guess I have been over doing it slightly, but all will be fine...

This is jst my base coat of liner, it is can based Duplicoloer Bedliner and can be purchased at autoZone, and WalMart (6.96 @ Wally World).. It took about 5-6 cans for this level of liner to cover allthe necessary parts.. I am gonna use the official RL next which is applied with a roller and adds much more texture.. The spray on stuff is fine for a finished product, as you guys can see, it goes on even and looks good as is. But I must do more.. I will have all the plastics installed by mid afternoon. Now I need to find the transparent smoke out paint for my signals, that orange/amber stands out too much.. The frame may be next. After I take a look at it assembled, I'll make my decision... Thanx again for the support guys.

These were the Blu/BLK plastics, but like I said the right side had mega damage and was repaired and needed some major painting, so went with the expiramental and also cheap Bed Liner look.. I will get another set of stock Blu/Blk next year from Ron Ayers, butt for now this will do.. I guess it has to now..

<!--EDIT|SHWELL
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130250874 -->

Very good looking job. Looking forward to seeing the complete job, as I am sure you are too.

All finished for now....

I like it! Definitely can't complain about the price plus you have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. Great job on the stealth look! I think it would look even better if the frame was done too.

Very light sanding needed for this stuff. I spent more time shaking the cans than I did sanding.. Just a basic scuffing is all I did.. I am thinking of doing the frame. But that will come much, much later... Wheels too..

Comes in a CAN. Duplicolor at WalMart for 6.96.. AutoZone has it for ovr 7 bucks a can and the can at AutoZone is smaller..

Back