starting a little project of my own

light12

Registered
Hi all.
Really wanted to buy the LSL superbike kit but I am afraid the Israeli Ministry of transport would never let me import the kit to Israel .
I decided to manufacture my own kit not because I am saving money ( the design and manufecturing were very costly time wise ) but it was good fun and I dont have to worry about customs refusing to release the kit .
If anyone is interested I will post a pic of the kit on the bike.

busa.jpg

busa2.jpg

Thank you very much.
I have been reading the forum for about a year ( ever since I bought my Busa).
I learned a lot from you guys and now I would like to try a few things of my own .
Basically I need a touring Busa.
So hopefully pics early next week.
Have great weekend and great riding weather.
Eitan

Looks great, I am very interested in this project as well. I have looked at this option many times, and may do this as well

Hi.
Thought I would share this with you.
This is my take on a poor mans backrest , it is from Sym Joy-Max scooter and it looks quite OK color wise , not perfect but close.
Wife's happy so .....

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

The upper clamp, how will it work with the forks? Would a spacer be required?

That passenger back rest looks great. I may have to look into that.

Hi.
No a spacer would not be needed as I measured the bottom of the original part
and manufactured the new one to the same measurments , anyway the bike is going to the garage today for the installation so I will take some more pics.
The backrest is a sort of wierd marriage that came out working very nicely ( I think ).

Hi.
No a spacer would not be needed as I measured the bottom of the original part
and manufactured the new one to the same measurments , anyway the bike is going to the garage today for the installation so I will take some more pics.
The backrest is a sort of wierd marriage that came out working very nicely ( I think ).

Cool, the only reason I ask that will the top of the forks sit flush to the new upper clamp?

The seat looks nice. I am already looking into that mod.

I will post a photo of the bottom side of the part so you can see the way it would connect without any washers.
I would have been finished with the install but the guy that is making the brake and clutch hoses did not show on time .
I must say that seating on the bike the bars feel very comfy but visualy it will take time to get used to.

I do have a drill press and a mill , but the work was done by hand by me and my friend Tal a master motorcycle mechanic .

Back