I'm looking for people with O.S.D. conversions for custom project PLEASE READ

insayne-kustomz

Registered
I've started a new new project with a wealthy client of mine a few months back with a very particular mentality. He's got a 360 rear wheel and absolutely insists we build him a single sided swingarm WITHOUT a jack-shaft. After a few months of searching the internet and looking at all possibilities, I found that nobody makes an OSD bearing support for Hayabusa using a 360 rear wheel. I know companies like KOSMAN Specialties, D&G Chassis, Schnitz Racing, etc etc make OSD or outriggers but not for what we need. After the much valued help, searching, and advice from a known member here, I've decided to design and build my own 360 O.S.D. kit for the Hayabusa. What I am asking anyone here is if you have the Kosman kit (also sold by Roaring Toyz), please contact me at info@insayne-kustomz.com
I basically want advice, opinions, photos and maybe some basic measurements. I will not copy the unit even in the littlest way but I just need some indirect access to this kit. Heck, if it actually comes out good enough, I may just patent the kit and sell it myself. Unlike Roaring Toyz, I will sell it to ANYONE who wants it (I hope an employee of Roaring Toyz reads this!) As for the actual CAD drawing and machining, I have full acess to these services by some waaaaay over qualified people working for CAE, Bombardier Aeronautics and Rolls Royce. Most importantly, anyone with negative comments - Please think what you have to say but don't type it on this thread. I don't want to pollute this thread at all. Thanks to anyone that can help in any way!

All-Thangs-Chrome already makes a 360 OSD SSSA, at one point someone was making a 400 for choppers.

see if ATC will take care of you on the parts you need.

On another note if it has to be Single side I would look into making one with a shaft drive (think Ring and pinion as sprocket to shaft) using either worm or helical gears.

here is a cool one offs:
K&N Video - 2008 Derby City Customs K&N Suzuki Hayabusa - Jeremy Cantwell and Jason Cantwell at SEMA with GSX1300R

I hope I have inspired you
Good luck with your build.

Thanks guys for all the e-mails, advice and opinions. I knew I came to the right place for help! Fernman, that K&N 'Busa is pretty sick. I've researched for months a 360 O.S.D. kit and even when you mentionned that All Things Chrome makes a kit, I still can't find anything. I've contacted them and they told me they no longer sell or produce the kit due to the extremely high cost of the kit itself. It's really demotivating for me, lol. Ezduzit, if you wanna be a nice guy, you can mail me your kit so I can use it to jig something up ;-) I'd be more than willing to pay for it, heck I'll even buy it off you if you want!

Thanks guys for all the e-mails, advice and opinions. I knew I came to the right place for help! Fernman, that K&N 'Busa is pretty sick. I've researched for months a 360 O.S.D. kit and even when you mentionned that All Things Chrome makes a kit, I still can't find anything. I've contacted them and they told me they no longer sell or produce the kit due to the extremely high cost of the kit itself. It's really demotivating for me, lol. Ezduzit, if you wanna be a nice guy, you can mail me your kit so I can use it to jig something up ;-) I'd be more than willing to pay for it, heck I'll even buy it off you if you want!

Back