Starting a paint project on the '02

SHWELL

Registered
I will be rhino lining the bike this week. I know some of you will think it's stupid, but I did my race plastics and I liked the flat black look, so I decided with RL instead of flat black. Add "some" strength to the plastics and I like it... I will post pics of the whole project...

Imagestation.com closed, link removed

<!--EDIT|SHWELL
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130025430 -->

What about the weight that stuff must add?
rock.gif
Post pics of the race plastics...

If I get the bike done though the shop it is $200 for the all the Plastics, Me doing it myself is like $45... And you cannot mess it up..

This is a little experament, lay some other base color and some stickers b4 the RL and then pell them off once it dries and you have decals.. Thee only thing I am leaving on the Busa will be the silver "SUZUKI" on the tank..

<!--EDIT|SHWELL
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130025782 -->

rhino lining[/QUOTE]

Somebody help a brutha out, and tell me what the hell iz rhino lining
rock.gif

Truck bed Liner... That black sand paperish stuff people put in the bed of trucks..

<!--EDIT|SHWELL
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130025872 -->

I wish he had SD300 camera or better to take the picture so I could get a better lQQk.

From what I can see it lQQks pretty good.  
beerchug.gif

Thanks SHWELL !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130026061 -->

Hmmmm , Are you gonna add any Graphics ? I really don't think It looks Bad. It works for me. With the right type graphics it'll look pretty Dope. Some Chrome Decals maybe .

my 05' nissan frontier has been "rhino lined" and they apply about a 1/4 " in the bed. it looks like it would be heavy, but i am not for certain. definately something different.

The stunters here in Vegas use it all the tim now, it is avail in diff colors now as well. But I am gonna stick with black. 1/4 on a yruck is necessary for the strength needed for it to be effective for that use, but for me 1/8th is all I need, so one coat, maybe 2 in some places.. In the pics I provided above, that is a coat of primer, a coat of a white base colr (for graffix), and then 1 coat of the liner..

Here is a before pic of the Busa:

Day 1 Sunday Oct 23.

Started with the small stuff and things just started flowing.. Note: This is my base coat, I use the spray on version first, then go over everything with the roll on version.. This ensures all nooks and corners have that abrasive finish I am going for. the roller is intended for the flatbed of a truck...

Tell me what you think:)
sad.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif
rock.gif
wow.gif
mad.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

Here are all the pieces with the spray on liner.. I am in pain so the complete job will not be completed today. but by Wednesday night it will be done and reassembled....

<!--EDIT|SHWELL
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130101952 -->

HOLY SMOKES!!!

Does anyone want to exchange their old plastics for brand new 06 Blk/Red plastics? I would rather paint over an old fairing and give the new one to someone...

This rough texture looks swell! It may affect aerodynamics
smile.gif
Gonna clear coat it?

Back