Removed a few decals

Very nice......minus that stupid painted stripe!!! I hated that about me '09. Glad the '11's have decals only and nothing on the tank.

Yeah, unfortunately on the 08's and 09's they are clear coated on the tank :( - but, when you are riding your legs cover them anyway.

I don't know. Unless you're doing a full custom paint job, regular color busa's, without the Kanji, just looks naked. JMO :)

i think it looks great with just the kanji removed. i decided to peal mine off because the kanji logo is TAN, on the k8 black/grey. looks hideous to me. doesnt match anything. fortunately for me the kanji is not attached to any of the other stickers, so that's the only one i removed.

Who keeps saying white without graphics looks bad?
(also threw in a shot of one of the roads we rode on today, a bonus for you all:thumbsup:)

2011-08-14_11-28-10_105.jpg

2011-08-14_14-19-46_232.jpg

2011-08-13_21-12-28_202.jpg

2011-08-14_11-27-01_507.jpg

instead of the Rush symbol, just put "get er done" on your tank, and a big pic of Larry on the fairings. lol

Who keeps saying white without graphics looks bad?
(also threw in a shot of one of the roads we rode on today, a bonus for you all:thumbsup:)

How much trouble did you have removing he decal residue from the bike? It took me forever for the stickers I removed and I even used goo-gone.

i didnt have to remove any goo? i just picked at the sticker with my nail until i was able to peel it off. there was hardly anything left on the fairing. did not pre-heat or use any chemical prior to removal.

i didnt have to remove any goo? i just picked at the sticker with my nail until i was able to peel it off. there was hardly anything left on the fairing. did not pre-heat or use any chemical prior to removal.

Dang that sucks. I spent about two hours trying to get that crap off with goo-gone. And I didn't even take off the biggest sticker!:banghead:

lol bummer man. that's all i removed was the large sticker.. peeled them both off in about 10 min. and i was splitting the breeze

also consider denatured alcohol or possibly mineral spirits? remember to apply some wax afterwards.

Dang that sucks. I spent about two hours trying to get that crap off with goo-gone. And I didn't even take off the biggest sticker!:banghead:

FYI - I used both goo gone and wd40 but the whole time I wished I had something stronger. By the way, I also used a plastic credit card (starbucks gift card) to help scrape away at the left over adhesive :banghead:. But if I had to do it all over again, I'd go look for an industrial strength adhesive remover.

FYI - I used both goo gone and wd40 but the whole time I wished I had something stronger. By the way, I also used a plastic credit card (starbucks gift card) to help scrape away at the left over adhesive :banghead:. But if I had to do it all over again, I'd go look for an industrial strength adhesive remover.
I'd be worried about damaging the paint with anything too strong. The important thing is to apply just a LITTLE heat with the hair dryer. Too little and you leave too much adhesive, too much and the kanji comes off in little pieces instead of one whole piece. A little WD40 on a cotton ball and small circles when you rub will have that sticky stuff off in a jiffy!

Back