Kanji lay over decals

agentadam

Registered
I was wondering if anyone had pics of something like the TapeWorks kanji lay over decal kits installed?

I can't decide if i want to put the kanjis over the factory ones or pull off the bottom half of the factory decals (kanji) and just put the new ones on.

They are a little oversized but i like that as it reminds me of the GenI kanjis better.

Here are mine on my 08. there are a quite a few people on here that do have them, but can't recall everyone.

278.jpg

056.jpg

Here are mine on my 08. there are a quite a few people on here that do have them, but can't recall everyone.

Dude that's sharp...

Every time I see a tape works overlay on the front Kanji I want to do a black overlay on my 08...:whistle:

Looks nice. Not to bubbly. Did you apply them wet and scoot them around or just wing it?

I did them piece by piece and they wer wet. I would not try to do it dry unless you laid vinyl down for a living. It was hard enough doing it wet, I wish I was a little more patient at the time and did it all perfect, but I was kind of rushed so there are a few spots where you can still see the stock one. I was actually thinking about taking the bike to a pinstriper and having them put a silver or white edge around the kanji to make it pop more. If you go with the tapeworks kit they supply all the instructions that you will need..

Here are some pictures of my Tapeworks overlay Kanji, and rim stripes. I got the reflective black and reflective orange for the stripes. So during the day the Kanji looks stock and at night it glows when lights hit it, it looks cool and it is kind of a safety measure too.

DSC_0284.jpg

2863880319_2033295bdb.jpg

2863880755_ddb75fee4c.jpg

I must say, I really like the way the blue looks with the black overlays and the black wheels, thats slick. I almost like it as much as my black and orange.

Back