Removed a few decals

How do you remove the decals on the tank?? anyone have any pointers?? I have a 2009 White Hayabusa...and i'm trying to get the blue completely off of the bike....worried about the decals on the tank...I know they are clear coated.....what do I do??!?!

How do you remove the decals on the tank?? anyone have any pointers?? I have a 2009 White Hayabusa...and i'm trying to get the blue completely off of the bike....worried about the decals on the tank...I know they are clear coated.....what do I do??!?!

Repainting is the only way to get the decals off of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeeHee!

Take it off. But replace it with another kanji. The kanji is awesome - just not the one you've got on your bike.

How difficult is putting on a new Kanji decal? I suck at putting on new stickers.......good example....my gf is a huge Hello Kitty fan and wanted some decals on her helmet....needless to say since a helmet is so round the sticker didn't go on perfectly. Any suggestions/techniques?:blonde:

How difficult is putting on a new Kanji decal? I suck at putting on new stickers.......good example....my gf is a huge Hello Kitty fan and wanted some decals on her helmet....needless to say since a helmet is so round the sticker didn't go on perfectly. Any suggestions/techniques?:blonde:

Helmets are tough with larger stickers because of the spherical shape. Doubt you'll have a problem if you put a new kanji where the original was because it is so flat. Start off on one side with a cotton ball and very small circular motions and everything will be cool.

Does anyone have a picture of a 2009 Grey Busa with the stickers removed? Just got mine and am contemplating this "mod" but want to see what grey looks like without it first.

I have the charcoal gray metallic '08 and the very first thing I did was take off the stickers. I didn't notice how nice the quality of the paint is on these bikes till I peeled it off. And that kanji sticker is HUGE! Custom look for the price of a hair dryer and a bottle of Goo Gone :) do it!

Ok so I finally got around to taking all the decals off. Here are the results....the big question is ....what to do next?

no decals1.jpg

no decals2.jpg

Here are your next steps
1. Extreme Kempy lighting kit
5PC KIT 2008 TO 2011 HAYABUSA SMOKED LED INTREGRATED REAR TAIL LIGHT AND FRONT AND REAR TURN SIGNALS

2. Black Zero Gravity double bubble
Amazon.com: Zero Gravity Double Bubble Series Windscreen 2008-2011 Suzuki GSX1340R Hayabusa - Color : smoke: Automotive

3. (actually, do this now) remove the reflectors!

By the way, your bike looks AWESOME!!!!! So much better!

Thanks OldMan...after seeing yours with the decals stripped I just had to do it. How hard is installing the new smoked lights? I'm pretty mechanically challanged.

Thanks OldMan...after seeing yours with the decals stripped I just had to do it. How hard is installing the new smoked lights? I'm pretty mechanically challanged.

The light install was fairly simple, it can be done with minimal mechanical expertise. As for the look, it totally makes a difference.

The light install was fairly simple, it can be done with minimal mechanical expertise. As for the look, it totally makes a difference.

Well if you ever get bored...........you can do a tutorial threat :laugh: But yes it made a huge difference on your bike. Very clean.

I bought my White/blue and decided to do the "white out". My wife has done a few bikes and has a good eye. When I told her my plan, she said I was going the wrong way. She said accent the BLUE and powder coat the wheels and footrest things. I did. I am really happy with the look and really happy with the bike.

Busa New Mufflers.jpg

I bought my White/blue and decided to do the "white out". My wife has done a few bikes and has a good eye. When I told her my plan, she said I was going the wrong way. She said accent the BLUE and powder coat the wheels and footrest things. I did. I am really happy with the look and really happy with the bike.

Admit it, she lays out your clothes for you too?? :rofl:

Just kidding with ya! Looks good :thumbsup: but the reflectors need to go!!!

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

Well, I just got my 09 white/silver with blue graphics and can't wait to get those "stickers" off. It's gonna be just white and silver or custom painted this winter. I was planning to use heat gun on low setting to get them off.
Kingme

Took off those under the mirrors and on the tail section last night and looks much less cheesy(
and you'd think since it's been a 1340 for 4 years now they could've at least updated the 1300 stickers on the tail section:poke:).

I agree now if i could only get that stripe off the tank ,Suzuki lamenated over it,i cant stand that stripe.

Back