White and Red?

2112Rush2112

Registered
Well I recently took all of the decals off of my white '11. I'm thinking of putting the red decal from the black '11 on my white bike. Any thoughts? Has anyone ever instlled an OEM decal? Was it difficult? I know the OEM one will be expesive and I don't want to screw it up.

I like that idea, it will be different/unique whilst still being sort of standard, if you like red and white, go for it.

Best regards Stretch.

Anyone know what would be a reasonable price to get the wheels powder coated red? I'm thinking the only thing I would do red is the decal, wheels, and maybe peg sets. Just wanting something a little different from what's out there.

If $$ is not an issue, a set of Carrozzeria's in red would be stunning! :thumbsup:

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

The powder coating is cheap..$50 a wheel. The expensive part is getting the barings and seals taken out and having new ones put in. I priced parts and labor at $500ish. I had mine painted for $100

sent using my middle finger on tapatalk

Just a tip for applying the decals, grab yourself some isopropol alcohol, put it into a spray bottle and wet the fairing down with it before you put the decal on.
You can also spray it onto the decal itself once you remove it from the backing paper, this will give you some time to slide it into position and also push out the air bubbles behind it.

Try it, you wont be dissapointed.

The powder coating is cheap..$50 a wheel. The expensive part is getting the barings and seals taken out and having new ones put in. I priced parts and labor at $500ish. I had mine painted for $100

Holly Molly who are you getting to R&R the bearings/seals Moses? ??? For that price they should be ceramic bearings going back in. You can get new standard bearings and seals easily less than $100. PC price seems pretty good and someone painting them for a $100 is ok too if done correctley(prepped,painted,clearcoated) and not just taped off and shot as they are.

If any of you Photoshop-ers would like to put the red decal, wheels, peg-sets on a '11 white busa......I would be very appreciative.

If I'm not mistaken, the OEM decal has black outline and centers. It isn't the black paint showing through.

Red and white would look sweet!
That will prob be my next paint scheme if I redo my 05.
Look forward to seeing the final product.
+1 on doing the wheels red.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Holly Molly who are you getting to R&R the bearings/seals Moses? ??? For that price they should be ceramic bearings going back in. You can get new standard bearings and seals easily less than $100. PC price seems pretty good and someone painting them for a $100 is ok too if done correctley(prepped,painted,clearcoated) and not just taped off and shot as they are.

That was with labor to.

I think it was $80 bucks for each wheel for barring and seals plus two hours labor. And the cost of pc.

Somebody didn't like you :lol:

Got mine PC'd for $200 plus $50 for bearings/labor

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Back