Reasons NOT to buy a Turbo for my Busa?

Look at it this way! Put the 5G's into suspension and track days and you'd very quickly be out riding all your friends. Or you can do the turbo thing and have bragging rights to more HP than your friends. :thumbsup:

If it was me, I'd take the upgrade on suspension and riding skills! :beerchug:

REASONS NOT TO GET A TURBO.

#1 Ummmmmmmmmmm

#2 And then theres

#3 Ohhhhhh yeah and

#4 And dont forget

#5 I see a Turbo in your Future ( Sorry I have nothing )

Look at it this way! Put the 5G's into suspension and track days and you'd very quickly be out riding all your friends. Or you can do the turbo thing and have bragging rights to more HP than your friends. :thumbsup:

If it was me, I'd take the upgrade on suspension and riding skills! :beerchug:

+1...Skills before speed brother...skills before speed.

5 G's is going to get you a wicked track bike, pay for a couple days on the track (performance school), introduction to more cool people then you already know and a the ability to learn how to take your bike to riding levels you never dreamed you could do.

You are experiencing target fixation which is why you keep going back to the turbo. Hey, we all do it...but think about what your doing and walk away from RCC for a month. Don't go to his site, don't look at pictures of his kits. If after a month you still feel the same way and you decide not to do a track bike...order it up. Richard is not going anywhere in that time period and your money will still be there. All your out is time to consider what your doing in clearer air.

Good luck!

+1...Skills before speed brother...skills before speed.

5 G's is going to get you a wicked track bike, pay for a couple days on the track (performance school), introduction to more cool people then you already know and a the ability to learn how to take your bike to riding levels you never dreamed you could do.

You are experiencing target fixation which is why you keep going back to the turbo. Hey, we all do it...but think about what your doing and walk away from RCC for a month. Don't go to his site, don't look at pictures of his kits. If after a month you still feel the same way and you decide not to do a track bike...order it up. Richard is not going anywhere in that time period and your money will still be there. All your out is time to consider what your doing in clearer air.

Good luck!

Now that is what I was looking for! Force me to consider alternatives or to have doubts....very nicely done. Well, I already have over 30 years of riding experience and I have already been to racing school and track days but you are right....I could buy a track bike and trailer and do the track day thing as we have a beautiful circuit within an hour of our house.....hmmmmm......but that turbo kit still looks pretty sweet....and the 200 mph club is still on my list of things to do (and short of the lottery win it won't be coming in a car).....okay the Visa card is going back in the wallet for now.....:whistle:

I looked at turbos for close to a year before purchasing. I knew that i didn't need it but i sure wanted it. I kept going back and forth and finally realized that life is short and to go for it. There were some pains along the way with getting everything setup right and times in which i wanted to sell it but now everytime i get within 5ft of my bike it gives me goosebumps. I started out looking at stage 1 then did a ton of research and figured a stage 2 was what i wanted, then that changed to the big boy RCC ULTRA. I ended up doing a full all out build. I rode again on Saturday and it was alot of fun. I am running 14-15lb on wastegate and thats laying down around 350HP. I pulled it up to redline in 4th and then downshifted it on the bottom of a huge hill into 3rd...then snapped WOT at about 9K. All i can say is that my nose was pressing against my face shield and i felt like my stomach was in my throat haha those uphill boosted runs are nasty feeling. I think a stage 1 kit is great also. I got a chance to ride a stage2 before ever buying a turbo so thats how i knew i wanted one. For the majority of people i think the "Best" all around kit would be an ultra kit from rcc but with the turbo from the stage 1 kit. Seems like you use to could purchase a refurbished stage 1 from richard for around $1000 less than a new one

NOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

*whimper*

exactly....BOOOOST IT:thumbsup: When are we gonna do your bike? We need to get up and talk about this, i can save you some $...and i've got a great place for us to take it for tuning

Last edited:
just for heads up until you get it setup youll be kicking yourself fore ver doing it there is a little more maintenance with them but once they run right you wont ever wanna go back
Posted via Mobile Device

makes an awefull sound when the pop off blows...:rofl: ah ha who am i kidding:cheerleader: get it

just for heads up until you get it setup youll be kicking yourself fore ver doing it there is a little more maintenance with them but once they run right you wont ever wanna go back
Posted via Mobile Device

X100.....I imagine there are a few that run just perfect from the get go but not many. In my opinion i have a top quality kit, all good parts and no cut corners, and awesome engine builder, and a really good tuner. I still ran into little BS...fuel problems, Overheating, flat tire, tail light fell out. It seemed like it was just one little goof after the next but its been great since all that

hmmm... you asked the question, now im thinking about the purchase... frickn hell.. and when i thought i was almost done spending on my baby...

The last few days I have been inexplicably drawn to the RCC website and have been looking at the picks of the Stage 1 kit and rationalizing. I don't NEED a turbo. I don't even know what I would do with a turbo. I certainly can think of other things I SHOULD spend $5000 on that are much more responsible. And yet I keep going back and looking at that freakin pic of the Stage 1 kit as if it is magical!

Please fellow members of the forum. Bring me to my senses and give me some good reasons NOT to buy a Stage 1 Turbo Kit before I go ahead and do something stupid and totally irresponsible!:please:

go with a stage 2 if youre going to do it and just turn down the boost

you can always get the kit, put it on...join the 200mph club and then pull it off and sell the kit :p

Last edited:
Well ??? , depending on your personal debt and job outlook. I can think of 5,000 reasons not to :whistle:

Then, on the other hand, if I had $5,000 just laying around and burning a hole in my pocket, I probably would be thinking the same thing :laugh:

Turbo bikes feel the same up to 5-6k rpm but after that they have WAAAYYYY more power. Its hard to describe you just have to ride one to understand. I don't think I will ever have a non turbo bike again. :laugh:

Well ??? , depending on your personal debt and job outlook. I can think of 5,000 reasons not to :whistle:

:laugh:

Another excellent point! The industry I work in is not exactly running on all cylinders right now so security isn't the best right now.

I have a RCC stage1 turbo kit AND fresh built engine that I could make someone a nice combo package.Comes with tuned PC3 and all, a bolt-in deal. Imagine, you buy this combo kit and in one weekend your done, no tuning needed, nothing. It's all in the combo deal. Runs on 93, idles in traffic and wheelies with my 300lbs self and my Busa is stretched 8".
$7K for it all. 260RWHP bolt-on.

Last edited:
I have a RCC stage1 turbo kit AND fresh built engine that I could make someone a nice combo package.Comes with tuned PC3 and all, a bolt-in deal. Imagine, you buy this combo kit and in one weekend your done, no tuning needed, nothing. It's all in the combo deal. Runs on 93, idles in traffic and wheelies with my 300lbs self and my Busa is stretched 8".
$7K for it all. 260RWHP bolt-on.

damn yours wheelies? I weigh 270-280 suited and mine at 350HP and stretched 6 over isnt' coming up...but its slammed also

do you really need a turbo to putt around on the freeway, i guess if i was drag racing it or something like that i might consider one, but just for everyday riding and such, i think 5000 could by me something else..:thumbsup:

Back