Gen 1 turbo advice needed

Why did yours not work then?
It did, 2 years later and twice what a kit would have cost. Put everything I have together, put a baseline tune in it, off to the dyno. FMU was poop, injectors weren't big enough to support boost levels, which in turn burned up the pistons. New pistons, new injectors. Put a baseline tune in it again, take it to the tuner. Plenum is lifting and blows a boot. Pay for new boots, put them on and return to dyno another time. Runs out of fuel at less than target, buy new fuel pump and regulator, with associated lines and fittings. Back to tuner with new fuel system, finally makes what I wanted.
It seems you want to do this your way, and go ahead. You asked for advice, it's been given. We've all been where you are, you haven't (yet) been where we are. I highly doubt that anyone who has done what you're wanting to do would recommend that you do it.

Thanks for that, this means alot, from someone who has actually done it, and is what I'm after, I will Re do the maths tonight,just to check them.
Please belive me, when I say if the money was closer then I wouldn't even be writing this, I will also do some more homework.
I really appreciate all the comments so far, good or bad.

If you got it all sorted in the end, can you tell me what bits worked and what didn't pls :)
I can give you a parts list yes, but my point is that just because things work, doesn't mean they will work together in concert with what you have. I have a 20g turbo, AEM piggyback, Aeromotive regulator, Bosch 044 pump, S2000 injectors, custom plenum and header (I think it is a motorhead design), tial wastegate, no-name BOV, and an AMS 500.

Cool, thank you, it's a Starting point, is your /that system still in use
Cheers, thanks so far, :beerchug:
buy the kit...…… WITH a guarantee... this is coming from people who know.... u wont save money... rcc kit preferably... Bigcc in ure neck of the woods... these are proven badass performers.... use one of the sponsors here ull get great support.... from EXPERTS

Last edited:
buy the kit...…… WITH a guarantee... this is coming from people who know.... u wont save money... rcc kit preferably... Bigcc in ure neck of the woods... these are proven badass performers.... use one of the sponsors here ull get great support.... from EXPERTS
I don't think any kit that I buy will be guaranteed, due to the modifications needed to make it fit, (plenum cut, bespoke up pipes and possibly intercooler pipes will all need work)

I don't think any kit that I buy will be guaranteed, due to the modifications needed to make it fit, (plenum cut, bespoke up pipes and possibly intercooler pipes will all need work)
I think you will find that allowances will be made given the situation. It never hurts to ask....

call Richard at rccturbos.com or frank at powerhouse......631 491 6767... EXPERTS... u might not even need a stage 2 kit.... the turbo is capable of 400 hp i believe in a stage 1.... with some mods.

I would do it myself....including engine work....just pay for a tune....but that's my only option as far as budget goes....but also i like to do it...the busa is the easiest to diy turbo....cause lots of aftermarket making parts....i had to modify a header I found for my zx11...that was made for a zrx...then my friend made a custom plenum...no header or plenum available anywhere to just buy....so busa is diy friendly.....mostly bolt on.
moko baby...u find the starter button on urs yet? jk

update
Went back to the shop today, to explain my thoughts, and he told me that someone had come in earlier in the week to have his turbo system upgraded, so Im going to buy his old system, got the complete lot for under half the price, plus all of his knowledge
So happy days

update
Went back to the shop today, to explain my thoughts, and he told me that someone had come in earlier in the week to have his turbo system upgraded, so Im going to buy his old system, got the complete lot for under half the price, plus all of his knowledge
So happy days
Nice!!

Back