2008 hayabusa Turbo kit?

Steelers1074

Registered
Im looking for either a stage on or stage 2 turbo kit for my 2008 hayabusa? Ive looked at a few and I'm trying to find a kit thats relatively bolt on and that won't require engine work (at this moment) jut wanted to see what you guys thought? I will be installing it myself in august :thumbsup:

I don't think there is such a thing as a bolt-on turbo because there are a number of other small things which need to be considered, and decided upon, not to mention being implemented properly. And the biggest of them all - dyno tuning. Otherwise, you may end up having reliability and other chronic issues, or even damage the engine. However, if you've done this before successfully, then why not, but it sounds like you haven't.

Not sure you can get away with stage 2 without any engine work. Stage 1 - definitely yes.

Ask Power House MC. Frank is one of the best, and is a sponsor of the board.

The most important question that should be answered is what is your budget?? How much do you plan on or are willing to spend 4 a turbo kit? Once that is answered then then you can figure out what your options are :whistle:

POWERHOUSE is a RCC, Velocity, Mr. Turbo and Hahn dealer. We have installed and tuned many, many kits for many different applications from Stage Ones with no motor work right up to full blown Pro Street and Land Speed bikes. Going back as far as 1978, I can tell you that our best-selling turbo systems are the kits from RCC. If you are handy with tools, you can install a Stage One or Stage Two kit with no problems. The beauty of RCC is that along with the kit you will receive a cd with full pictorial instructions and a starter map for your Gen 2 ecu (bin file). The RCC Stage One for the Gen 2 will not only install on a stock motor and make 230 rwhp on pump gas, but that very same kit is well capable of making 430 rwhp on a built motor. So if you decide later to go into the engine (and you and can do this in stages) you don't have to buy another kit. And yes, all RCC's kits are warrantied for 2 years - nobody does that. If you do decide to do your own install - I am only a phone call away (as is Richard at RCC and Rob at Boosted Cycle Performance) for any questions or concerns that you may have, both during the build, tune, and well after. It couldn't be any easier. One last thing - being an org member with more than ten posts entitles you to $200 off your purchase . . .

Thanks so much for all the info how street able is stage one can i still ride the bike for an hour or too and not loose reliability?

Thanks so much for all the info how street able is stage one can i still ride the bike for an hour or too and not loose reliability?

I have bikes sitting in my shop right now that have made over 600hp, and can be street ridden all day without any issues. So to answer your question, no you won't lose reliability, granted that the instal was done properly as well as the tune.

Back