Reasons NOT to buy a Turbo for my Busa?

Not hard at all to insure, My AARP even gets me a discount!....

Curious cause I'm going to build one as well... :whistle:
What does insurance run without having a one million dollar deductable?
Current cost on my 08 is roughly $220 a year Full coverage $250 deduct, max coverage... :beerchug:

The only reason to not get it is, you have to be able to handle the hassle of setting it up as others have mentioned. Also, it is $5000 down the crapper. If you can afford to throw away a lot of money, then go for it. If your not able to easily toss 5 grand out the window, then don't do it. That is pretty much the whole issue. Good Luck on your decision!

down the crapper?? Sounds like you maybe have never ridden a turbo bike before

Current cost on my 08 is roughly $220 a year Full coverage $250 deduct, max coverage... :beerchug:

i have a 250 dollar deductable and i pay right at 300 a year with state farm, ive been with them a long time i dont know if that makes a difference or not,

as soon as i get rid if the chevelle......or the motor lol. anyone want to buy a bulletproof 750HP 383?:laugh::laugh:

try racingjunk.com....the guy on the red GSXR 1000 out with us on Saturday night has a friend that is all into chevelle's. I will get his #for you and i'm sure he would be intersted in your car or maybe know someone who is

See what you did..... Reading this post at this time got me to thinking about how I was planning to mod my busa. I was just about to pull the trigger on a complete rebuild. Carillo rods, cams, 1397, all new bearings, back cut the transmission gears since it was already torn down, APE studs etc, for about $6000 and be in the 200HP range.

But now I figure I can spend $4200, get even more hp with cooler running engine temps for city driving. Best of all I can tackle this mod myself in my garage.
Honestly I just finished a 20 min phone call with RCC and placed my order for his stage I kit. :cheerleader:

$5000 for the kit but whats the real price. I have not delt with turbo bikes but I have messed with tubo cars and the kit price is just the starting point.

damn must be nice...no tickets on my record ever....last time i checked $595 a month for the added to the bike and $500 deductible hahah WTF no thanks

damn must be nice...no tickets on my record ever....last time i checked $595 a month for the turbo added to the bike and $500 deductible hahah WTF no thanks

i have a 250 dollar deductable and i pay right at 300 a year with state farm, ive been with them a long time i dont know if that makes a difference or not,
I'm also with state farm and checked with my agent, who made the call to verify that a turbo didn't affect my rates or coverage at all :thumbsup:

Ugh bazooki, why did you have to post this??? :moon:

I just got an 03 Pumpkin with 1000 miles - everything is bone stock. I swore I would leave this one alone but have my mind has been playing the "go right to the turbo" game. I spoke with Rich at RCC and Frank at Powerhouse. I'm literally thinking about it 24/7. Glad I'm not the only one in the same boat.

I don't know if the extra 100HP is going to be worth 6K. I wish I could ride a Turbo bike and see what I would get for that money.

let's all buy one together and help each other with buyers remorse.

Off I go thinking about the Turbo. ugh ??? I need more stories on how turbos rock.

An added 100hp is a BIG performance gain. Heck, a 10hp gain is a night/day difference.

Agreed, the problem is I have never ridden a Turbo anything. Is it worth it GMBusa? How long does the hly *&*( factor last?

I don't know if the extra 100HP is going to be worth 6K.

Where are you getting the $6k figure? The stage 1 kit is $4200, only other thing needed is a powercommander if you don't already have one. If you go with a Velocity racing stage I kit is is $4000.

You were not talking about the stage II kit that is $6300 because that is an additional 375hp.

Megawatt,

I was quoted 5500 for Stage 1 install and full dyno tune. Remember, I don't have any parts inclusing power commander. On top of that i will do a BOV and clutch springs.

What do you think of this price? I'm not doing any of the work and this is out the door.

Thanks

Back