raced a 05 zx12r and a 05 cbr 1000

Give the guy a break, there is a difference between waiting for 2 seconds after a bike launches and waiting 2 seconds after a bike rider twists the throttle open on an already moving bike, there is a bit of throttle lag, everyone is always so quick to accuse everyone of BS and think they are "know it alls".

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120723564 -->

Okay guys, just to be clear: 2 seconds in a race that only lasts 6(1/8) or 10(1/4) is an eternity. I don't care if it's a 600 or literbike, you give a guy a 2 second jump and you WILL NOT catch him in a 1/4. There's a guy I'm friends with, rides a P.O.S kanatuna 600, late 90's model, you know the old ugly ones. His bike ran a 7.95 in the 1/8 at the local track. My best run to date is a 6.60. Do the math.

Give the guy a break, there is a difference between waiting for 2 seconds after a bike launches and waiting 2 seconds after a bike rider twists the throttle open on an already moving bike, there is a bit of throttle lag, you get on your 600, we will roll at 20 mph and you hammer it, I will give you the move, I will still catch you, but if I gave you the full second headstart from a dig, likely not.
im just saying i have a 2001 busa and a zx10r and if you give me a 2 sec head start on the zx10r there is no way the busa is going to catch me until we hit about 180-185mph.let alone a gsxr1000.the guys on the zx12r's must not know $hit about there bikes then but if you can ide a little bit that should of never happened.

Give the guy a break, there is a difference between waiting for 2 seconds after a bike launches and waiting 2 seconds after a bike rider twists the throttle open on an already moving bike, there is a bit of throttle lag, you get on your 600, we will roll at 20 mph and you hammer it, I will give you the move, I will still catch you, but if I gave you the full second headstart from a dig, likely not.
im just saying i have a 2001 busa and a zx10r and if you give me a 2 sec head start on the zx10r there is no way the busa is going to catch me until we hit about 180-185mph.let alone a gsxr1000.the guys on the zx12r's must not know $hit about there bikes then but if you can ide a little bit that should of never happened.
That is true from a dead start, but it will not be that dramatic with two moving bikes, guy on the ZX12 hammers it, in that initial 2 seconds he will not be that far ahead, a stock BUSA/ZX12 can attain 60mph in less than 3 seconds from a dead stop where throttle lag no longer applies, but just twisting the throttle from a roll will NOT see a 60mph jump in less than 3 seconds unless the person does a rolling weight forward clutch popping drag start, ain't gonna happen. The guy he cought might have missed a shift or something.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120724737 -->

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this already, but I can get up to a 100 MPH in just 1st gear alone, if your running against a CBR or other 1000's, they should already be in their 3rd shifting gear at this speed.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this already, but I can get up to a 100 MPH in just 1st gear alone, if  your running against a CBR or other 1000's, they should already be in their 3rd shifting gear at this speed.
You might reach 100 indicated, but I'm in 3rd when I trip the lights at 110-115 mph, so you should at least be in 2nd at 100 actual.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this already, but I can get up to a 100 MPH in just 1st gear alone, if  your running against a CBR or other 1000's, they should already be in their 3rd shifting gear at this speed.
Youre dreaming... the busa gets maybe 80 in 1st gear MAX with stock gearing , closer to 70 with the sprockets most of us run... the new 1000s are geared high. they will do close to an actual 100 in 1st.

Youre dreaming... the busa gets maybe 80 in 1st gear MAX with stock gearing , closer to 70 with the sprockets most of us run... the new 1000s are geared high.  they will do close to an actual 100 in 1st.
How would you know? Your clocks are in Km/h you furriner!!!!!LOL
I'm kidding, relax........

There's a guy I'm friends with, rides a P.O.S kanatuna 600
ROFL!!!!
I almost fell of my chair laughin when I read that!!!
jump9.gif

I'll have to remember that one....

I said ABOUT 10 flat... ok it has done like 9.89 or something in the mags.

Mr Brown.... KPH??? You mean my bike doesnt do 280 - 300mph like Ive been telling everyone?
wow.gif

Back