raced a 05 zx12r and a 05 cbr 1000

nolo263

Registered
this past sunday went riding with some buddies of mine one has a 05 zx12 and the other a 05 cbr1000 both nice bikes. we rode around for a while both buddies of mine riding in front due to the one on the 12r was trying to do wheelies and it looked like a matter of time before he flipped it. so i kind of hung back we came to a stop light that had a straight after it of about 1/2 mile when the light turned green both my buddies took off racing each other. i left well behind them at least a second or two before i realized that it was on!!! i past my buddy on the 12 at about 1/8 mile or less i went by him pretty easy almost like he wasnt trying, but he was wfo cause i asked him. my other buddy that was on the cbr i never caught him he let off right after the 1/8 mile about three blocks but i was gaining on him hard was already next to him when he let off.. i know that i could easily take him. i tried to get him to race me but he wouldnt. friends cbr completly stock he weighs about 160 pounds,,, buddy on zx12 stock with just a slip on and power commander but he weighs about 260 to 270. i weigh about 200 wet.

hmmmm the 12 and the busa are neck and neck in the 1/4 mile.. the 1000 cbr maybe a tick behind them both. They left maybe 2 seconds ahead of you and you caught them like they werent even trying. My friend you have one very special busa....... or something.

like i said in the post the guy on the 12 was about 70 pounds heavier than me and he cant ride very well. the buddy on the cbr about 40 pounds lighter than me and he can ride. plus my bike 2000 model full yosh., pc II mapped right,small air box mod,tre, and it wasnt like i was standing still for two seconds and then took off i was leaving the light normal they gunned it then it registered in my head that they were racing i gunned it to. i just thought id share with you guys what happened but like always theres a #### that has a smart ass remark. i know the 12r is as fast or faster than a busa with equal riders but what my post didnt stress was that i thought the cbr was faster. i figured that if we raced equal busa vs. cbr i honestly thought he would beat me.

I do know the Busa can beat an late model R1 off the line and reel him in if he got a better start... the 1000RR should be no problem to beat in both cases as well. The 1000RR probably beat you to the punch but you would have caught him like you said.

Sounds like the 12R rider cannot ride though.
biggrin.gif

I do know the Busa can beat an late model R1 off the line and reel him in if he got a better start... the 1000RR should be no problem to beat in both cases as well. The 1000RR probably beat you to the punch but you would have caught him like you said.

Sounds like the 12R rider cannot ride though.
biggrin.gif
I have 2 friends I ride with that have '04 R1's.
Unless we're at a slow start or off the line.....my Busa gets whooped. Both stock bikes, + exhaust. No power commanders.
The Hayabusa's acceleration can't keep up with theirs.
Yes, I do know how to ride, very well in fact.

2 times rolling starts at around 50 - 60mph and I got dusted. Wide open throttle in 3 gears, and couldn't keep up with him.
Just by a few bike lengths before I eased up but we were doing over 160mph. Almost equal weight between me and the other 2 riders as well.

Now I may have caught him after going over 160mph.....but in all seriousness.......how often are we going to go that fast ?? I know some people will pipe in, but 90% of the riders out there don't speed over 160mph for too long even if they do. I'm changing out my sprockets to see what I can do to him after it's modded though. The Busa can't whoop the new liter bikes unless it's off the line in my honest opinion. I've ridden both.

Hmm, well that is not my experience. Ive reeled one in that had a 10 bike lead..I am not sure because I was riding but id say I started reeling him in @ 130 and it got faster as I accellerated from there.
Off the line the Busa can beat the R1 with no problem.

the busa runs the 1/4 in about 10 flat.... the cbr averages 10.20. You give him any more than a blink of a eye head start and youre not going to pass him anytime soon. Theres a huge diff between a 04/05 r1 and the older ones. The new ones are WAY faster.

From a dead stop any literbike is gonna lose, as long as you can launch your bike. The wheelbase and light weight of the literbikes makes them very difficult to launch hard......but if you're dealing with someone that knows how to launch one, or you are less than great at launching your bike, you are gonna find yourself in a heap of trouble. At the ProStar races, these bikes are running 9.40's piped, strapped and sprocketed...........

Well maybe the guy I raced could not ride his 04' R1.

From what I have read most people cannot launch a stock liter bike well either but then again most Busa owners probably cannot extract all their bike has to offer either.
smile.gif

Having read that thread you linked to, BV, I'm ordering a 43t rear right now. I think that will put me where I need to be.

ok gsteve your right i guess i lied i raced two mopeds and they gave me the headstart thats how i almost beat them. so forget this post, actually i dont even own a busa its a schwin that i painted a kanji on.

ok gsteve your right i guess i lied i raced two mopeds and they gave me the headstart thats how i almost beat them. so forget this post, actually i dont even own a busa its a schwin that i painted a kanji on.
LOL, I think I see where gsteve is coming from. The new litre bikes are awesome machines and unfortunately we're riding on 6 year old equipment still capable of whoopin booty, but not as dominant and definitely beatable.

This past saturday did some riding with ~8 guys (2 12rs and 05 r1 worth mentioning). Coming back we got into a high speed run with one 12r about 100 feet in front of me and the r1 ~10 feet staggered to my right. When I saw the 12r and other guys hit it (I usually ride in the back of the pack) I hit it. Within 3-4 seconds I was cruising by the r1. I never got anywhere near the 12r, but I knew I wouldn't with that head start. I was kind of suprised how easily I walked the r1 though. The rider and I have similar riding styles and I out weigh him by ~70 lbs. I know he was on it pretty hard because initially he began pulling away and he was tucked. I've yet to speak with him to see how hard he really was on the throttle though.

I know the next time we go out I'm going to see what the 12r has (he's cocky has pciiir, akrapovic and a lil work), but I ain't skerd!!!!

Off the line the Busa can beat the R1 with no problem.
Well that goes without saying. For the reasons Brown stated.
No doubt in my mind off the line I'd smoke him. They're just geared closer and better, and 100lbs lighter for quicker acceleration on the lower end at rolling starts. Gsteve is right, this is a 6 year RULING design VS the new liter bikes who have surpassed it in power potential.

Busa's are geared for extreme speeds, but bottlenecked by the computers TRE.

I'm so sure of it after riding both I'd take any Stock '04+ R1 or Giggy thou (Especially the '05) VS a Stock Busa from 50mph - 170mph for $1,000, that's how sure I am. Now I didn't buy the Busa to be the baddest on the block, and I don't pretend it is either. But it's good enough for me. I actually bought mine for the comfort and power VS the liter bikes which require titanium asses to ride for long periods.

Just my .02cents

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120715186 -->

I recently raced two bikes, an 05 1000RR and a 04R1.

My bike is piped and cammed so it's shouldn't be much of a challenge, but I also weigh about 40 to 50lbs more than the other two riders.

The best part was the rider on the 1000RR rode my bike and enjoyed talking all sorts of smack because he said after riding it his bike feels much stronger. I gave him all the power, told him he would have to choose the speed and gear we start in as well as get the hit. He chose 60MPH any gear. When took off it was like he put out a parachute. We did this three times and every time was just as bad. He changed his tune when we got back.

The R1 was about the same but the guy said he new it was going to happen. I let another guy ride my bike against the R1 and it was much worse (he was much lighter than I though). After that I got to see how much rider weight has to do with it.

Read your own post... " i left well behind them at least a second or two before i realized that it was on!!! i past my buddy on the 12 at about 1/8 mile or less i went by him pretty easy almost like he wasnt trying, but he was wfo  cause i asked him"......
Buddy on the 12r [wheelie king who cant ride?] would have to really suck for that to happen , I dont care what he weighs.

You give a 600 a 1 second jump and you wont pass him in a 1/8 mile let alone a 12r.    Recant and rephrase all you want.  In the world of reality  the busa is a 6 year old bike that doesnt crush every bike its its path.  Its still the only bike I want right now.. untill a new honda or busa is ready.  sj

<!--EDIT|gsteve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120718642 -->

Like has said B4 the Busa has been king four 6 yrs but it has a bad-a$$ little brother 05 1k, Kawasaki has the 12r fast SOB and its bad-a$$ little brother the 10r and Yamaha has the R-1 another fast SOB But I bought the Busa for comfort and looks that speed is just a major bonus but better be on your best anymore or ya might get spanked. I have not raced anyone yet on the Busa don't care if I do, I wouldn't trade my Busa for nuttin!!!!!!!!!!! I love this Bike. PS Don't be racin Keith Dennis and it should be up to the riders abilities.

In most cases (except the Busa) it ain't the bike it's all about the rider.
dont say except a busa. you give me a 2sec head start and you are not going to catch me on any new 600 stockafter 165.let alone a zx12. that is the biggest bull $hit story i have heard.
jump9.gif
thats a good one and its still all about the rider.why would you say except busa"s like there in a differant class or something. anything passed 185 maybe but oday's 1000's,zx12's and busa's are very close stock. maybe it was a zx250r and you thought it was a zx12r.lol. i know if you hesitate for a split second the other bikes are gone.you must be watching biker boyz too much.
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Back