Hayabusa vs cbr1000

1slowbusa

Registered
Ok Heres the deal,

I weigh around 270 and my brother weigh around 180. He just bought a 2004 cbr 1000 with exhaust and i have a 2003 hayabusa. TRE Micron slip on exhaust 6 in swing arm extension lowered rear. Him and all his buddys swear up and down that he can take me in a quarter mile. and expecially off the line. Is this true?

It will be close if he can keep the front wheel on the ground. With you on the bike it's over a 100 lb advantage to his favor.

BTW. I own a 2005 CBR1000RR and an 08 Busa. I had an 04 LE. I have tracked both the 08 Busa and the CBR. They are both fast. The CBR will get off the line first. You will have to have room to chase him down.

The 90lb difference isn't in your favor, I weigh about the same as you do and learned last year that the extra weight does play a factor. My cousin is about 30-40 lbs lighter and has an 07 busa, I can't beat him on my 06. They hold neck and neck til third gear then he eases away from me every time.

Yep, weight will be a big factor. You should let him ride yours & vice versa. :D I see positive results there. :laugh:

tell him i will race him I weigh 195
I spank those dumb stupid cbr's every day
do this- go up 2-3 teeth on your rear sprocket...he wont know what hit him

Good luck, my brother has an 06 GSXR 1000 totally stock. Before the turbo, I had a 166rwhp 05 busa.

Weight:
240 - me
180 - him

We never did a dig, but from whatever speed roll he would always pull me 1.5 bike lengths. Weight is a big factor.

P.S. - I now weigh 215 and I have 250rwhp :whistle:

If this is true in the quartermile, then at what speed will i start pulling away from the cbr 1000?

About 150-160. The CBR will start running out of steam around 160 MPH. Mine is good until just shy of 170. The Busa is still very smooth and still pulling strong at that point.

weight is big factor but you have the advantage if you drag race ,your bike is exteneded and lowered and you can take off alot better than him. no wheelies!

let him race your bike with a lighter person on it...say 150#s at the drag strip, that will shut him up for good...I have never seen a cbr do 9.72 in the quarter

I don't know how many times this has come up in the past here (1k's vs. Busa's) . And usually stock for stock the 1K's come out to be the favorites. But I think they said 06 and later ? I myself have no Idea, but always read that the 1,000's are beasts now days ??

I don't know how many times this has come up in the past here (1k's vs. Busa's) . And usually stock for stock the 1K's come out to be the favorites. But I think they said 06 and later ? I myself have no Idea, but always read that the 1,000's are beasts now days ??

As of last year the only liter bike outrunnin the busa through the whole range was the zx10. It was faster from 0-60, 100, 150, and 185. The busa was RIGHT behind it, though. I believe I'm remembering that right. It was an article in cycle world.

Good luck, my brother has an 06 GSXR 1000 totally stock. Before the turbo, I had a 166rwhp 05 busa.

Weight:
240 - me
180 - him

We never did a dig, but from whatever speed roll he would always pull me 1.5 bike lengths. Weight is a big factor.

P.S. - I now weigh 215 and I have 250rwhp :whistle:

HA! That'll learn him, get that liter bike "out the Way":laugh:

in the article it was actually the busa that was the fastest in the 1/4 mi and the only bike to dip in the 9's but the zx10 does hit top speed sooner if you can keep the front end down. also the busa had the most hp of the lot and the only bikes that hit a higher top speed was the zx14 at 187.5 and the busa at 186.5 but the busa reaches the max speed a full second faster than the zx14

Last edited:
Back