Hayabusa vs cbr1000

the last time i went to the track i raced a cbr 600 i was asleep at the line he covered the 60 foot before i ever moved and i still ended up 3 + bike lengths ahead of him . im 5'10" and 240 he was about 165 170 tops . the skill of the rider is every thing that and how hard you can twist the throttle without looping it thats were us big fellers have a advantage

heres how to lose about 115#s in an instant

Last edited by a moderator:
Very different responses to a very similar topic (1k's vs. Gen 1 Busa's) ? I tried to find the old topics on this, but couldn't find any ??

notthiscrapagainfx2pj3.jpg

notthiscrapagainfx2pj3.jpg

I don't have alot of experience racing but a buddy of mine has a debadged "08" zx-10. We were headed up the highway and he pulls up besides me and starts lurching forward. I let him jump on it first and I cracked the throttle and he never had a chance. I was so far ahead of him I couldn't see him in my tiny custom mirrors. Once we all stopped for some food, he was talking about how fast my bike was and he couldn't keep up. Well I told him that his bike is pretty fast for a "600" and he jumped in saying "My bike's not a 600, it's a 10" Why you gotta insult me like that"! I wasn't trying to insult him it was just because his bike was debadged and I pulled away so hard I thought it was a zx6.

Our riding mate has a 07 Repsol Blade, both my brother in law and myself should take a flask of coffee with us, as after a 10 mile twistie ride we have to wait 10 minutes for him.
All the top flight bike are pretty much even, OK the 08 Gen II is the fastest over the 1/4, rider skill is the thing:thumbsup:

07 blade.jpg

Our riding mate has a 07 Repsol Blade, both my brother in law and myself should take a flask of coffee with us, as after a 10 mile twistie ride we have to wait 10 minutes for him.
All the top flight bike are pretty much even, OK the 08 Gen II is the fastest over the 1/4, rider skill is the thing:thumbsup:

That has to be rider. I love my Busa, and hate hearing about other bikes being faster (kinda like someone telling you your child is not as good as theirs), but even riders, a 1K will leave a Busa in the twisty's !!

I don't have alot of experience racing but a buddy of mine has a debadged "08" zx-10. We were headed up the highway and he pulls up besides me and starts lurching forward. I let him jump on it first and I cracked the throttle and he never had a chance. I was so far ahead of him I couldn't see him in my tiny custom mirrors. Once we all stopped for some food, he was talking about how fast my bike was and he couldn't keep up. Well I told him that his bike is pretty fast for a "600" and he jumped in saying "My bike's not a 600, it's a 10" Why you gotta insult me like that"! I wasn't trying to insult him it was just because his bike was debadged and I pulled away so hard I thought it was a zx6.
Those 08 10's are dogs aren't they :laugh: Thats pretty much how every test has them stacking up as well :whistle:

my money would be on the CBR. BUT...it all depends on his aerodynamic technique, shift points, etc. If he wears full leathers (reduces wind drag), tucks in behind the screen with his helmets chin bar firmly on the gas tank, elbows against the tank aways from the wind, and shifts perfectly....you may never catch him. However, if you use the Busas torque to your advantage early in the powerband, and tuck just like I mentioned above, you'll keep a 1 to 2 bike advantage.

It's all rider skill + manipulating aerodynamics when it comes to straight line speed.

Holeshot! Win the holeshot, win the race. Please be careful if you're racing on the street, please!

I've had a similar race, my really good friend has a 05 cbr 1000rr, and I a 02 busa, we both just have a slip on exhaust and weight 180-185lbs each. On the way up north (3 hour drive) we had no traffic tons of straight roads and did countless roll ons when we got bored, usually just 3 honk races. Every time the scenario was the same, he would stay with me through 2nd, and 3rd the busa would start to leave a nice gap until we shut them down.

Back