Hayabusa vs cbr1000

BTW. I own a 2005 CBR1000RR and an 08 Busa. I had an 04 LE. I have tracked both the 08 Busa and the CBR. They are both fast. The CBR will get off the line first. You will have to have room to chase him down.

+1

I wouldn't put money on that one, certainly not with varying riders' ability to launch.

Last edited:
with a stretched swingarm...the new 1000's are tough, but a good rider on a busa will still beat up on it.

50+ tooth sprocket would be a good mod.

In my experience, as long as both riders weight is the same and they are both even in skill, the busa will always come out on top. At leaset with me on mine,:laugh:

you guys have also forgotten about the hundred pound weight advantage of the cbr, almost two hundred pounds total, thats alot to overcome in the qtr. mile:poke:

you guys have also forgotten about the hundred pound weight advantage of the cbr, almost two hundred pounds total, thats alot to overcome in the qtr. mile:poke:

nobody has forgotten about anything.....but cannot break a race down to simple hp to weight ratios.....

the busa is tha faster bike.....and there are ways to get around the weight dis-advantage, and use the hp/torque that the busa has and the liter bike lacks....

and without knowing either rider...i would bet the busa is the easier bike to ride fast, and the cbr would take a more skilled rider to launch well

Last edited:
my money would be on the CBR. BUT...it all depends on his aerodynamic technique, shift points, etc. If he wears full leathers (reduces wind drag), tucks in behind the screen with his helmets chin bar firmly on the gas tank, elbows against the tank aways from the wind, and shifts perfectly....you may never catch him. However, if you use the Busas torque to your advantage early in the powerband, and tuck just like I mentioned above, you'll keep a 1 to 2 bike advantage.

It's all rider skill + manipulating aerodynamics when it comes to straight line speed.

I have been riding for a couple of years. This is his first bike. What do you guys think about a 40 or 50 mph roll? Would it be even would he pull or would i pull?

I have been riding for a couple of years. This is his first bike. What do you guys think about a 40 or 50 mph roll? Would it be even would he pull or would i pull?

from a roll he would have the advantage due to the lighter weight.....

don't give up your advantage......

The 2004 CBR is only about 40 lbs lighter. My 2005 CBR weighs in at 419, and it's been lightened for the track. The Busa weighs in about 460 in stock form.

The 1000 CC Supersports should not be taken lightly. Remember the Busa is the fastest bike, but some of the 1000 CC supersports are quicker.

true enough 1k's are nice and strong of the line. But now matter how you put it. It all depends on the rider and if you got equal riders (skill wise) then there is no way that the busa should loose at the line. tell him I will meet him any day and prove my point.:whistle:

my money would be on the CBR. BUT...it all depends on his aerodynamic technique, shift points, etc. If he wears full leathers (reduces wind drag), tucks in behind the screen with his helmets chin bar firmly on the gas tank, elbows against the tank aways from the wind, and shifts perfectly....you may never catch him. However, if you use the Busas torque to your advantage early in the powerband, and tuck just like I mentioned above, you'll keep a 1 to 2 bike advantage.

It's all rider skill + manipulating aerodynamics when it comes to straight line speed.

he is talking about the launch. your talking about going down the track and there is now way a cbr is going to keep up going down the track weather your tucked elbows in or not.

About 150-160. The CBR will start running out of steam around 160 MPH. Mine is good until just shy of 170. The Busa is still very smooth and still pulling strong at that point.
TRUE TRUE...I had an '05 CBR Full Carbon Race Akrapovic, PCIII, BMC Race Filter, Flapper Mod on the Air Box and had a pretty kick azz map put in it by a VERY good tuner at a local dealership...the bike kicked butt and could flat smack down most liter bikes in this area (SW Ohio)...my best riding buddy (an org member busa_boy_69 (who's '03 busa is up for sale in the classifieds right now...so look at his list of mods) needed every bit of 155 to 160 to CATCH me...and at that point DID start pulling away...but i MUST admit it was fun having him a bike length back up to that point (160)...BUT in his defense he weighs over 300 lbs and me a svelt (LOL) 170 lbs...would venture to say that if u had put a rider my size on his busa we get different results...and for the record my CBR is gone and now the proud owner of this...
:thumbsup:

12.jpg

let him race your bike with a lighter person on it...say 150#s at the drag strip, that will shut him up for good...I have never seen a cbr do 9.72 in the quarter

You won't see a Busa with me piloting it do 9.72 in the quarter either:laugh: drag racing takes a lot of skill an practice that these guys don't get credit for especially the people who do it without wheelie bars:bowdown:. Weight is a big factor but skill on the light an the launch is just as big. Those liter bikes are quick but I'd put my money on a skilled Busa rider.... well at least you know who I will be cheering for anyway :cheerleader::cheerleader: Goodluck:beerchug:

TRUE TRUE...I had an '05 CBR Full Carbon Race Akrapovic, PCIII, BMC Race Filter, Flapper Mod on the Air Box and had a pretty kick azz map put in it by a VERY good tuner at a local dealership...the bike kicked butt and could flat smack down most liter bikes in this area (SW Ohio)...my best riding buddy (an org member busa_boy_69 (who's '03 busa is up for sale in the classifieds right now...so look at his list of mods) needed every bit of 155 to 160 to CATCH me...and at that point DID start pulling away...but i MUST admit it was fun having him a bike length back up to that point (160)...BUT in his defense he weighs over 300 lbs and me a svelt (LOL) 170 lbs...would venture to say that if u had put a rider my size on his busa we get different results...and for the record my CBR is gone and now the proud owner of this...
:thumbsup:

Ah what you are saying is very true but my weight gives me a SEVERE disadvantage man. Being 325lbs just is not the right size to be a horse jockey. But if you'll remember the one thing I said after we did that and even after the day we did the inch beside each other 160mph drag race by ceasers creek was that if we swapped bikes we would get MUCH different results.

(Mind you to anyone that reads this I take nothing away from that CBR. That was a very very fast bike and could tear some other bikes up. )

All I am saying is that no matter if its a Busa or not if there's close to a hundred pounds difference between you and a guy your thinking about racing pick your fights carefully. You may be losing before you even pull up to the line. A hundred almost is what some woman that you might ride on the back could be. You wouldn't race someone with a passenger on the back and them be riding alone would you?

To give you a better idea look at this example. One of my other buddies that I ride with had a gsxr1000. He weighed 190 lbs and when we would race he would always be right beside me or a little ahead of me until about 3rd gear and then I would slowly pull him in and have a little lead at the end. He would always get cocky about it to like man you know if I changed my srpockets I would take the MIGHTY busa. And I would tell him man you realize you are 135 lbs lighter than me??? I wouldn't go messing with other Hayabusas because of the results of our racing and he would just say yeah yeah. Well one day we were out riding and he had his girlfriend with him. I said okay just for shids and giggles lets do a roll on now because our weight is almost identical.....

Him - 190lbs + Girlfriend 120 lbs = 310lbs
Me - 325lbs

We rolled on them with everything they had from 30 mph then 60mph and then 80mph. Everytime by the time we stopped I had almost 2 car lenghts of spacing on him. Now I know passenger doesn't make it equal because the weight is distributed unevenly but it just makes the point that with that big of a difference large weight variances make races a lot different than people think.

Back