R1 Throttle tube mod.

I rode it today with the throttle mod and I was like OMGWTFBBQ!!1!1! :laugh: I need to readjust my riding habits, I was WFOT everywhere I went. Best $15 I ever spent on a bike :thumbsup:

I rode it today with the throttle mod and I was like OMGWTFBBQ!!1!1! :laugh: I need to readjust my riding habits, I was WFOT everywhere I went. Best $15 I ever spent on a bike :thumbsup:

Can we have some pics ???????????
5 pages and not one ???

I want to see how it looks simply cuz I wanna get rid of DMS buttons and have a cleaner look on that side. Faster WOT would be a bonus but really I just wanna achieve a clean throttle side.
And on that note can you just remove factory throttle tube along with DMS buttons and not cause any electrical problems or gremlins ?

Ok I gotta ask............. The R1 mod is suppose to be quicker to WOT and removes the slack in the Busa throttle.

But I kept seeing people post up this
Stock busa is a 1/4 turn
R6 makes it a 1/5 turn
R1 makes it a 1/6 turn

Correct me if Im wrong but that makes it look like the R1 has a longer twist.

I use to use the "1/5 Throttle Insert" for my TL1000R, tried like hell to install it on the Busa, it was a no go- After playing with the cables for an hour, the insert made the cables too tight. Tried every angle...

Ok I gotta ask............. The R1 mod is suppose to be quicker to WOT and removes the slack in the Busa throttle.

But I kept seeing people post up this
Stock busa is a 1/4 turn
R6 makes it a 1/5 turn
R1 makes it a 1/6 turn

Correct me if Im wrong but that makes it look like the R1 has a longer twist.

1/4=0.25
1/5=0.20
1/6=0.17

1/6 is quicker then 1/4

I'm running the R6 throttle mod so i don't know how effective the R1 mod is in comparison. In the beginning the R6 was a little touchy until i got use to it. I willsay that i like the quicker throttle response compared to the stock.

The r6 tube is a shorter throw than the r1 and the Busa. To use the r6 tube you have to dremel out the switch housing so it does not rub and hang up. The r1 is a direct swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot all about this mod, I've had a used throttle sitting in my spare bedroom forever. Guess i need to get on the ball and do this....

Hell come to think of it, I think it actually was off a FZ1 since the part numbers were the same....if memory serves me correclty.

So I take it nobody has heard or decided to make an insert so you wouldn't have to change grips.... Since the 1/5 throttle didn't work, guess i'll go to Lowes and get a 1/8 round PVC pipe, make the insert and slide it onto the tube drum to take out the slack plus have better throttle response

I have a thread on here somewhere, how to install the r6 tube and what tube to get.that will save u alot of trouble with the install..

I didn't see anything about low speed throttle control, how is it? The stock Busa throttle seems a bit sloppy to me but wit 180+ WHP on tap I'm not sure going to a quickturn throttle is the answer either.

last I read people said the R1/R6 were the same part number. Are they different?

Well yes and no..
The r1 and the r6 are different part number. The older r6 tube is the same as the r1 and thats an 1/5 turn..if u want a 1/6 turn u need one off a r6 o6 and not a r6s because its a 1/5 turn..
Heres the part numbers so u get the right one..
R1. 4yr-26240-02-00 1/5 turn

R6. 2co-262-40-00-00. 1/6 turn

There was another Yamaha bike that shared the same throttle tube. I can't for the life of me remember which one it was.. YZF? FZ?

Either way, searching for that bike on ebay netted me a hell of a deal on mine (for both sides too) compared to buying one from a R1/R6. Sad part is, both are still sitting on my shelf and I never installed it.....I keep forgetting I even had bought it.

Back