R1 Throttle tube mod.

SKnight

Registered
Just finished the mod, and while I haven't ridden it yet it hits WOT just as I run out of wrist. I used some tape to check the difference and it's about 3/16" shorter throw. Plus the tube is tighter in the housing than my stocker.

While I was at it I lubed the cables, tweaked the idle some. We'll see how it cold starts tomorrow, been having a few issues lately. Probably time for some injector cleaner.

We'll find out tomorrow how it rides, but thus far I'm liking it!:thumbsup:

Hi:

Did this mod on my 08. Made throttle response better. Not as much slack in the throttle and quicker to get on the "gas". Well worth it IMO.

Rumble.

Just got back from a little over 300 miles and despite a dead battery (Grumble grumble.) I'm ecstatic over this. I'll give it the best bang for the buck mod I know of.

part#

these are the oem part numbers:

R6 tube: 5SL-26240-01-00

R1 tube: 4yr-26240-02-00

installed the r6 tube today and gonna give it a try tomorrow

Re: part#

these are the oem part numbers:

R6 tube: 5SL-26240-01-00

R1 tube: 4yr-26240-02-00

installed the r6 tube today and gonna give it a try tomorrow

they work on both gen I and gen II?? i have a Gen II.thanks:beerchug:
edit: nevermind,found the info thanks:cheers

Last edited:
I just told them for a 2004 R1. Slipped right in there. They were the same for a few years according to the counter guy I had to badger into checking for me.

it just tightens up your throttle response? i tweaked the adjustments on my throttle cables, took up the tension, i love it.

what yr. r6/r1

2001-2004

newer models will fit, too. post 06 R6 seems to be the most aggressive ones, as they have the biggest diameter.

on the left, R6 throttle, the white one ist the genuine busa tube:

bust2.JPG

the busa tube ist about 5.5mm thick:

bust1.JPG

the r6 one about 7.3mm:

bust3.JPG

weather is fine, so i will go out for a test in e few minutes

Last edited:
it just tightens up your throttle response? i tweaked the adjustments on my throttle cables, took up the tension, i love it.
It actually shortens the throw from idle to WOT. I'm pretty tall, and I'd have to wrap my hand further forward to hit WOT, but then I couldn't close the throttle and get my hand around the brake. Now I can go from a regular comfortable grip to WOT just before I run out of wrist.

Think of it as changing the gearing on the throttle.

Depends, the R6 tube is quicker than the R1 tube. Quicker to the point of twitchy maybe? I'm not sure. The R1 tube for me was just right, but if you have less flexibility in your wrist than I do then the R6 would be for you.

They're like $12 each, I'm considering getting an R6 tube to see what the difference is.

Hey orph, was this really that big of a difference??? so it makes the throttle turn les or what??? don't think i fully understand.... also what is WOT???
Thanks

Back