Schnitz throttle tube

ZeePopo

Registered
I'm changing the throttle tube on my bird for a faster turn one, don't like how on the R1 tubes you have to cut of part of the throttle cable metal to fit it on the tube. For anyone running the Schnitz throttle tube, does any modifications to the throttle cable have to be done?

Stock throttle tube here and GTG-never had any issue with it at all nor have I ever on any bike I've ever owned.

Changing out the throttle tube has never even entered my mind as a thing to do.

I can see it would help in a drag racing application maybe. I recall a friend of mine had a quick throttle on his RM250...he ended up in the trees a few times using that on regular trails...it ended up in the trash eventually.

Stock throttle tube here and GTG-never had any issue with it at all nor have I ever on any bike I've ever owned.

I can see it would help in a drag racing application maybe. I recall a friend of mine had a quick throttle on his RM250...he ended up in the trees a few times using that on regular trails...it ended up in the trash eventually.
It helps on touring too less roll , and also on full throttle acceleration you do not need to get a 2nd handfull like stock tube

That is the only I worry about with switching mine...flying without planning about doing it.
It helps on touring too less roll , and also on full throttle acceleration you do not need to get a 2nd handfull like stock tube
Also the reason I'm considering one. Less grip to move on a looooong trip...anyone have a comparison clip/pics of the change in rotational distance?

R1/R6 are same part # I use a R6 tube but did not have to mod anything for fitment . R6 also fits ZRX / FJR1300
Damn I would have tried the R6 first If I had known. I already placed the order for the Schnitz one. More expensive than a Yamaha tube that's for sure. I think the R6 tube might be a tad much for road race.

Aaaah, makes sense now...just something I've never thought about before...

Odd Yamaha put them on stock-they had a little forward thinking I guess.

That is the only I worry about with switching mine...flying without planning about doing it.

Also the reason I'm considering one. Less grip to move on a looooong trip...anyone have a comparison clip/pics of the change in rotational distance?
If I remember correctly there was a difference in what year to use for the r6 tube that people where having to cut the cable tube. Then there was the r1/r6 that were the same part number that doesn't need to be cut, I don't remember for sure but I believe the way out worked was the more aggressive one was a 1/4 turn and the other was a 1/5 turn. The one u ordered from Schnitz is what I think i installed on mine and is equal to the 1/5, all I had to do was adjust the cables slightly and if I remember correctly it came with the new grip installed on throttle side and a matching one for the other so it's worth the extra money compared to just ordering the r6 tube.

I'm in the middle of installing the schnitz racing tube on mine currently. Having a little trouble with the throttle cables feeling too tight. I'm not the greatest with engine mechanical but always want to try. How do I loosen the cables down at the throttle body so I have a little more slack?

Or am I doing something completely wrong and don't have to adjust at all? I have searched the board and can't quite find what I'm looking for to aid in installation

I'm in the middle of installing the schnitz racing tube on mine currently. Having a little trouble with the throttle cables feeling too tight. I'm not the greatest with engine mechanical but always want to try. How do I loosen the cables down at the throttle body so I have a little more slack?
What I did was back up the top cable all the way out and separate it from the bracket at the throttle body then loop the throttle cable down and around the throttle cam.

What I did was back up the top cable all the way out and separate it from the bracket at the throttle body then loop the throttle cable down and around the throttle cam.
That was my next step but wasn't quite ready to just go for it. I'm going to try that in the morning and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.

Or am I doing something completely wrong and don't have to adjust at all? I have searched the board and can't quite find what I'm looking for to aid in installation
I used this post when i researched installing mine, you won't need to cut any the the tube off like the op did in his .https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/r6-and-r1-throttle-mod-how-to.167494/

@BigJonHayabusa I have Helibars on so it made my installation even more difficult. Cable around the throttle cam works well in this case. Just use a small tool to lift it over and back into the grooves.

I ended up doing this like you said. I separated both cables from the throttle body and gave me enough slack to go around the throttle tube. Adjusted the minor adjustment by the handlebars to get enough play in it then went back to tighten the cables on the throttle body. All bolted back up and good to go. Thanks everyone

Back