Schnitz throttle tube

Years ago a member figured out what the change was with this mod in actual degree's of rotation. I wonder if the R1 has been the biggest difference in change discovered so far or if somebody else figured something even better. I have only ever changed a throttle reaction pull time on one of my bikes ever,and that was to lessen it. Make the throttle less sensitive. Bike was an' animal,wanted to tone it down a bit and attempt to get better control. GasGas Raga,
Rubb.

gasgas 1.jpg

I was wondering if it makes the throttle more snatchy or touchy?
Anyone who has done this, does it?
How easy is it to modulate low speed say in crawling traffic or up a dirt road?
Hopefully shouldn’t make it more snatchy, if crawling why not just put it in a higher gear. I often pull away in second out of wet or bad surface junctions. Hopefully this mod should come into its own when winding it on I find it impossible to open full throttle unless I twist my hand forward and regrip throttle before doing so.

Using the schnitz is easily manageable even with going up 2 in the rear on my busa. I do a lot of riding in city with traffic and have no issues crawling along and doesn't feel snatchy at all. When I was looking up on doing it I came across a thread that I think @rubbersidedown was referring to where they explained that the stock tube is 1/6 turn the schnitz that is the same as the certain year r6 and r1 that used the same is 1/5 and the r6 that requires cutting the ends of the cable is a 1/4 and that one was known to be real aggressive.

It is more reactive. Since chances are you are going to use the same amount of twist you usually do. Your hand will adjust after a week or so. I dont find it bothersome in traffic after a week. Now if you are up a few teeth on your sprockets it is a handful.

It is more reactive. Since chances are you are going to use the same amount of twist you usually do. Your hand will adjust after a week or so. I dont find it bothersome in traffic after a week. Now if you are up a few teeth on your sprockets it is a handful.
Agreed. When its "super-crawl" traffic,its more about optimum clutch control anyway,
Rubb.

Back