R6 and r1 throttle mod how to..

just did the '04 R1 tube w grip pre-installed $31.00 WORTH IT YES. I did have to move both nuts to one side for mine for the throttle return to function normal. I used the thin spacer and it keeps grip from having side-side slack. It is 1/4" shorter than stock busa so there will be a gap.(paint or black tape over exposed bar if your concerned about looks) Bike is snappier out of the hole and rich w torque now. Your not asking for throttle angle as much - more telepathic now.
I had to do the same thing with a 17 busa
The 2 nuts on the under side of the push cable only. The thin plastic spacer is inside the housing to get rid of the side slack .

just did the '04 R1 tube w grip pre-installed $31.00 WORTH IT YES. I did have to move both nuts to one side for mine for the throttle return to function normal. I used the thin spacer and it keeps grip from having side-side slack. It is 1/4" shorter than stock busa so there will be a gap.(paint or black tape over exposed bar if your concerned about looks) Bike is snappier out of the hole and rich w torque now. Your not asking for throttle angle as much - more telepathic now.
Had to do the same thing on my 17 busa both nuts on the back side of the push cable only .
Thin spacer on the inside of the housing to take up the side slack

Back